Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:57 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
the soft top over 8 years needs to be replaced and the seats material leaves something to be desired maybe it's just the water proof material that makes it feel odd to me though
The soft top has been greatly improved over the years. You are basing your opinions on non-current model information. It also needs to be "maintained" properly (conditioned, protectant applied, washed correctly) and will last much more than 8 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 07:02 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Ford can last another eight quarters at the rate they're burning through their cash. They're going to need a bailout by the end of next year and restructure their debt.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:23 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,675,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Ford can last another eight quarters at the rate they're burning through their cash. They're going to need a bailout by the end of next year and restructure their debt.

Finally, somebody has it right.

Most people think Ford is doing so well it doesn't need a bailout. WRONG!

Ford borrowed a HUGE amount of money back in 2006, back when such a thing was possible. They put up everything they have for collateral....factories, equipment, even the famed blue oval.

They're still losing billions every quarter and when that loan money is gone....they'll be no better off than GM and Chrysler are now.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:10 PM

66 posts, read 245,943 times
Default Agree totally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I agree, that is why I said make sure the vin # starts with a J! I have yet to hear of someone with any year Toyota complain of any problems. I always get my oil changed by the dealer and always hear positive by other owners! I live in the crummy boonies now so I have not seen any of the new ones or their interiors since 2005.
I'm the owner of an 11-year-old Corolla and I couldn't believe what the new Corollas looked like. They're handsome cars, in fact the 10th generation should have followed my 8th, but I couldn't believe how much you have to spend to get the wood grain interior, and you don't even get velour seating on the base model like you used to! American union wages drove the prices up too much and the quality down too much. I believe the car is still reliable, only now it's reliable by American standards rather than by Japanese ones. Back when mine was new, it came with a three year warranty, and you didn't need to use it! But now, I'm scared of the new Corolla and Camry, although I do have my eye on Venza when it's about two years old and has a track record.

In all likelihood, my next car will be either a Mazda5 or a Korean wagon.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:45 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
If you want to keep respecting Toyota, please don't look at the interiors of any of their 2007 to present models. It is actually very sad, yet somewhat insulting.
I know for years Honda had some pretty cheap interiors too, especially on their Civics. I think they stepped it up a notch though.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:50 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisMGOK View Post
I'm the owner of an 11-year-old Corolla and I couldn't believe what the new Corollas looked like. They're handsome cars, in fact the 10th generation should have followed my 8th, but I couldn't believe how much you have to spend to get the wood grain interior, and you don't even get velour seating on the base model like you used to! American union wages drove the prices up too much and the quality down too much. I believe the car is still reliable, only now it's reliable by American standards rather than by Japanese ones. Back when mine was new, it came with a three year warranty, and you didn't need to use it! But now, I'm scared of the new Corolla and Camry, although I do have my eye on Venza when it's about two years old and has a track record.

In all likelihood, my next car will be either a Mazda5 or a Korean wagon.
Stay away from Mazda! You know Mazda was bought out by Ford about 15 years ago right? I would not touch one. My Moms neighbor bought a Mazda a couple of years ago. The car would never start. The tow truck was always at the house towing that thing away. He finally dumped it. I know someone else who bought the Tribute, same as the Ford Escape. Major problems! Under the hood they are Fords!
I saw my first silver Venza yesterday...............SWEET!
Korean? Never!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Ford-And-Mazda:-A-Strong-International-Relationship&id=81618 (broken link)

Last edited by Blondie621; 05-18-2009 at 01:14 PM..

Old 05-18-2009, 03:26 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,811 times
If I were looking to buy right now...today...I'd try to get a G8 GXP.

Chevy, Caddy, GMC, and Buick are going to be around for a while even after they hit the magical BK reset button.

Pontiac is garanteed death. That's what I like in a car company...a garantee. At least I can depend on them to die...LOL

Old 05-18-2009, 05:12 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I know for years Honda had some pretty cheap interiors too, especially on their Civics. I think they stepped it up a notch though.
Not too sure about that. I hear that the Honda Pilot is lacking quailty materials inside. That is just based on what I have read; I never looked inside a new one. I wasn't inpressed with the interior quality of the Fit, however.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:25 PM

24 posts, read 68,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
Not too sure about that. I hear that the Honda Pilot is lacking quailty materials inside. That is just based on what I have read; I never looked inside a new one. I wasn't inpressed with the interior quality of the Fit, however.

I heard the Pilot was a little cheap on the interior.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 PM

17 posts, read 44,025 times
This whole mess has made me more of a Ford guy, they can't help that the market up and died, but at least they haven't tapped the government... yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram