Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:46 AM

2 posts, read 3,860 times

Advertisements

Im in the process of DECIDING whether I should accept a job promotion with my company & move from Louisville to Cincy. I've got THREE WEEKS & need to find a place pronto. I'll be working in Eden Park. Im 28, educated, blonde, preppy, like to jog with my dog, no kids or spouse. I hear Hyde Park & Mt Adams are good choices, or maybe Covington on the river. I can spend between 600-$1000 for rent and need a 1 or 2 bdrm... The Mt Adams places Ive seen online are VERY pricey, like $1200 for a tiny OLD 1 bedroom. And this girl needs CLOSET SPACE - so maybe 2 bedrooms. I found a townhome in Mariemont but someone said thats too "suburban." I dont HAVE to be in the middle of restaurants & pubs. I want to be SAFE. No 700 sqaure ft "efficiency" apts. I currently live in a 1400 sqft condo in Louisville & have a fab view of the Ohio River & boats from my balcony. I love old buildings & hardwood floors & crown molding.. but they need to be UPDATED. And I need a place that accepts dogs. I'd LOVE storage space or a basement & hardwood floors & a patio or backyard. I'm so torn & not sure if I should leave. But a promotion is a promtion. I also hear that Cincy is one of the worst cities to be SINGLE. If thats true, then just count me out. I lived in Dallas 21 years & never had a dating drought...until I moved to KY. I need SERIOUS ADVICE. Is Cincy a DO or a DONT? I just dont want to move there & hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
You'll love Hyde Park. Plan on the 1000, you will be happier. Search this forum for Hyde Park threads and then come up on Saturday, go directly to the Square and hang out all day. Go to Arthurs for lunch and then go up to Ault Park and check it out. Walk around, hang out on the Square. By the time you head back to Louisville you will be sold. Then you can find a place.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,106,704 times
Agreed on Arthur's for lunch.

Louisville sucks (not just UK fandom talking) when it comes to the dating scene. Same for Lexington.

Cincinnati is the complete opposite.

Fun fact: Lexington, Kentucky was ranked by some silly study to be the most sexually unsatisfied of large cities, Louisville being near it. Cincinnati, however, was in the top 5.

Also, Cincinnati's neighborhoods are so numerous and diverse, you'll surely find something somewhere nice! Again, Hyde Park is nice. I like a lot of the little neighborhoods on the hillsides with all of the rowhouses. I've never been one to memorize neighborhoods but maybe someone could point out what I'm talking about. There's a lot of nice real estate in Ft. Thomas, Newport, and Covington as well with a distinctive urban feel.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:12 AM

575 posts, read 1,371,884 times
Default disagree about dating

I disagree with the dating scene. If you haven't found a partner by the time you get out of college, you never will.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:15 PM

577 posts, read 1,281,328 times
Completely agree with Hyde Park. I would through in Oakley and Mt. Lookout as two other places to look. My wife's friend is in the same situation - she is planning on moving here from Chicago and we are planning to take her around those neighborhoods for house hunting.

As far as being single in Cincinnati, I used to think that it was a tough city to meet people but things have changed quite a bit. There is online dating which helps and a lot more groups in the city. I'm sure you will find a group around town that fits your interest.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:33 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
I disagree with the dating scene. If you haven't found a partner by the time you get out of college, you never will.
whoa debbie downer.

hyde park or oakley sounds like what you are after. clifton gaslights is another possibility but is a little more ecclectic. certain areas of pleasant ridge -might- work but i wouldn't do it sight unseen.

the dog thing will be hard in either mt adams or downtown and you simply won't find a spacious place in either within your budget.

i think mt lookout is more family oriented, but if you are along Delta you should be fine.

Mariemont is extra sleepy, would be last on my list if I was single. First on my list would be downtown but then I don't have a dog and I work downtown.

this isn't the best place to be single but it isn't the worst either. there are tons of places to meet people if you know where to look.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:38 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Mt. Lookout is adjacent to the Otto Armleder dog park. You can see it from Ault Park. And, th enew private dog recreation area in Newtown is the next stop down the road.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:44 AM

350 posts, read 880,614 times
Are you hot?

Be honest.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:55 AM

860 posts, read 1,358,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippercollector View Post
LOL, So Thaaaats why the divorce rate is so high.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 PM

436 posts, read 952,272 times
Uh, hey, baby.

YouTube - Beavis and Butthead Hey baby

Seriously, when has it ever been hard for a girl to get a date? Guys are everywhere looking for women, and women are saying they can't find guys?

Are you looking for the 29 year old fitness-conscious former frat house president who was quarterback on the college football team who owns a successful recession-proof company and outright owns a 5,000 sq. ft. house in Indian Hill while being committed to resource sustainability and green initiatives while having an active volunteerism schedule and has no vices except for an occasional glass of chardonnay with a poached chicken breast dinner?

The awesome Old Spice commercials illustrate the impossibility of pleasing women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLTIo...eature=channel

YouTube - Old Spice | The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati