Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hall View Post
You are all describing restaurants from 40 YEARS AGO. That is ancient history. That is my point. This isn't Cincinnati history forum, it is cincinnati data today forum.
Threads like this are a treasure trove of knowledge for someone like me, who's not a native of the city...I am a student of history, if you will, and I am enjoying folks reminiscing about what has gone before---gives me a window into what their lives were like 'back in the day'

I'm terribly sorry if we're not blowing through tubes of Chap-Stick trying to pucker up and kiss someone's youthful pushy-tushy, but too dang bad...I would suggest you open your OWN chat forum, where you and like-minded others can wax philosophic upon how freakin' sweet it is to be young, and disrespect older folks all the polly-wolly-doodle day...because frankly, all certain of the 'younger generation' can do for me is to zip it, so I can better hear more of these informative trips into yesteryear...

Everything is NOT about some overheated young buck whining about ancient history...if it weren't for the actions of those who came before, then there wouldn't be any 'today' to carp and whine about, now would there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 02:56 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,071 times
Quote:
You are all describing restaurants from 40 YEARS AGO. That is ancient history. That is my point. This isn't Cincinnati history forum, it is cincinnati data today forum.
Of course you're not interested in this conversation. It's about places where humans eat.

Now, go over in the corner and we'll toss you a few handfuls of those peanuts you love to chew on. You know, the ones that make your tail so big and bushy. Seriously, I really do think it'd be great if you'd start your own forum. You could start some topics about which trees are the best to build nests in. And that other perennial favorite, keeping your balance on utility lines.

Old 01-17-2012, 06:23 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,791,621 times
Sarah... You are not up to date. The original OP asked about a 1960s era restaurant. So we should all have just ignored them and commented about the current Burger King, Wendy's, McDonalds slugging it out across the street from each other. And we could interject whether Subway really has fresh food or just a lot of bread. Can't you see this is what is needed instead of discussing restaurants of the 1960s where some have absolutely no idea of what they are talking about and therefore feel left out. We are being discriminatory if we discuss subjects some people are just out in left field about. Isn't that a shame?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:53 PM

465 posts, read 473,653 times
More than 100 restaurants have opened in the city of cincinnati alone in the last few years. I doubt anyone could even identify them all. These restaurants are now operating and being patronized by people today.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:41 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,976,071 times
Quote:
More than 100 restaurants have opened in the city of cincinnati alone in the last few years. I doubt anyone could even identify them all. These restaurants are now operating and being patronized by people today.
Seriously, why don't you start a thread about some or all of those 100 restaurants? You could actually post some reviews of your own, instead of criticizing those of us who're talking about something that's obviously appropriate under the sponsoring site's guidelines.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:21 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,791,621 times
Quote:
And probably at least 50% of them have already closed. As the success rate of new businesses over two years is under 50%. Many are called, but few are chosen.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 PM

4 posts, read 20,648 times
We ate often at the Carter's on rt 4 near Northland Blvd in between Forest Park and Springdale. There wer a lot of Meals eaten there!

Old 05-07-2012, 05:55 PM

2 posts, read 5,969 times
Frischs Had the Big Boy
Carters The Big Burger
Sixty Second Shop The Big Sixty
Red Barn The Big Barney

The Big Sixty Burger wasThe Best when properly Prepared!!!!!

Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 AM

4 posts, read 15,643 times
Sent my Friday nights cruising through Frisch's Mainliner in Fairfx back in the fifties also. Only place to go after the football games or bowling. Then eventually we'd find a parking space and order some great food thru that speaker and out they'd come with the food! Where I live now, there
is no Frisch's and am dying for a BIG BOY or a Brawny Lad or the Fish Sandwhich or the chili and spaghetti. Is it as good as it once was? YUM!
I do remember the name Aglamesies or however it's spelled. don't remember where it was located, just the name. My age is my excuse... spent many hours at Graeter's (sp?) on Hyde Park Sq. which was the neighborhood we lived in when I was growing up.
Does anyone remember a Jorge's restaurant across from the Carew tower entrance in downtown Cincy?

Old 05-29-2012, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,969 times
Default Frischs Big Boy Still The Same!

Menue that you speak of is still in tact.There have been additions but the food is basicly as good as it was 50 years ago.They have been upgrading and building new locations lately.We go there a couple of times a month still have very good onion rings and the chile and sandwiches are as tasty as they were when I was a Kid.I'm 58 years young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati