Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,612,045 times

Advertisements

This is not good news for this northern Cincinnati suburb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 06:30 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,791,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
It certainly is not. If his operation was a big as initially said, I am sorry he is only 17 as I would like to see a really stiff sentence imposed.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:49 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,616 times
With the right guidance and spirituality this kid could have been the next Carl Linder.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:51 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
It certainly is not. If his operation was a big as initially said, I am sorry he is only 17 as I would like to see a really stiff sentence imposed.
He's 17. That's exactly why a light punishment should be rendered. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. It is a cornerstone of Christianity.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:58 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,082,505 times
If it was a girl that was in this position would she be called a "Drug Queenpin"?

Seriously. I just read an article in the Harold Bulletin newspaper from Anderson, IN which is a peripheral city in the Indianapolis metro area about how Chicago gangs are starting to recruit members and take up residence in that city of 55,000 people. They are probably staking out new territory outside of Chicago. Unfortunately Cincinnati may see something similar happen as they try to expand their reach into previously untouched communities.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:00 AM

12,104 posts, read 23,266,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post

He can possibly be tried as an adult if the prosecutor wants to go there.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:03 AM

12,104 posts, read 23,266,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
Drug dealers are everywhere. Some of them are "scary black men" in the ghetto and some of them are suburban white kids. People like to think of drug dealers as black ghetto dwellers, but there are plenty of both types running around.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:44 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,231,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Unfortunately Cincinnati may see something similar happen as they try to expand their reach into previously untouched communities.
There is PLENTY of drug activity in Cincinnati's suburbs, small towns, and out in the country that has nothing to do with Cincinnati. Crystal meth is particularlly popular with white country dwellers and it's quite a problem. Marijuana the same. In fact, mary jane has been a cash crop in Kentucky for years, replacing moonshine for many as their livelihood of choice.

Cincinnati deservedly catches it's lions share of criticism for crime and drug problems. However, blaming Cincinnati in this case is not warranted unless the drug ring shows some connection with the inner city. Given the great gulf between Cincinnati's suburbs and Cincinnati, I doubt this will turn out to be the case.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,791,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
He's 17. That's exactly why a light punishment should be rendered. Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. It is a cornerstone of Christianity.
When you recruit other students to be your dealers and involve them in your illicit operations I believe you rather abdicate your 2nd chance. I believe he deserves a 2nd chance, at age 21 after he spends some time in jail to contemplate just how smart he was. It has been said the investigation has been going on for a year, so obviously the operation is older than that. I feel it is time young hoodlums be given more than just a slap on the wrist. Yes, he is a hoodlum, maybe not confronting someone with a gun, but a hoodlum none the less for flaunting his disregard for the rules of society and likely feeling very smug about it.

I raised 4 kids here in Mason. There were always rumors of an illicit drug trade, but it must have been buried well below the surface. My kids are all mature adults now with families of their, some older than most of you. When they tell me the drug trade was well below the surface I believe them. And I know drugs are completely out of their current lifestyles and they are shielding their kids the best they can from them.

I am not naive enough to even entertain the thought Mason is not a haven for drug deals. First of all there is too much money available here to attract the dealers. Second there are too many who view drugs as a recreational acitivity. If adults want to experiment with drugs that is one thing, but when it is pushed down into the schools is where I definitely draw the line. Any parent who does not recognize their kid suddenly has access to large sums of money should also be indicted, if for no other reason than extreme stupidity.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:27 AM

632 posts, read 1,179,875 times
He should be treated like an adult (I could care less that he is 17) given the nature of his crime. Marijuana is one of those drugs that has led to the deaths of countless people in Mexico, Latin America, and other parts of the world do to its trade. I would not feel remorse if he is locked up for life or at least 25 years so this punk can realize the gravity of his actions.

Last edited by RedRage; 07-17-2012 at 09:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati