Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 13,617 times

Advertisements

Hope somebody can help me - 53 years ago, John and I had our first date at the Fox and Crow restaurant in Montgomery, Oh. Now we live in Florida, visiting in the area, married 51 years. For old time's sake, we'd like to go there - I think it changed to Charley's Crab. We'd like to havedinner there Friday nite 6/5. Can anybody tell us -does it still exist?If so - what is the name? Appreciate any advice -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 07:50 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,500,185 times
There was a thread some time back on CD about restaurants in Cincinnati. You might want to look through it. It does mention Fox and Crow and Charley's Crab, but since I'm not from that area (yet) it really doesn't mean much to me.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/cinci...urants-16.html

Old 06-02-2009, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 13,617 times
Thank you - it may now be Carlos and Johnny's - I will a trip call tomorrow - just a trip down memory lane! Thanks for the help.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:29 PM

88 posts, read 233,040 times
It is Carlo and Johnny's and is a Jeff Ruby restaurant - which means excellent but expensive service and food. I had a small dinner party there for a milestone birthday for my husband last year, which I specified up front - and being from a restaurant family, I am pretty picky. There were 10 of us on a Saturday night and without asking, they gave us a private room and everything was first rate. I would highly recommend it. Go to www.jeffruby.com to get the phone number. You will enjoy it!

Old 04-11-2016, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,262 times
Default Fox and Crow

Hello! I saw your post from June of 2009 about the Fox and Crow. I am going through my mother's collectibles and found something you may really enjoy, especially if you are coming up on your 60th anniversary. Let me know if you get this. Jill

Old 04-04-2017, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,793 times
Default Fox and Crow Restaurant

That was owned or run by a Mr. Stanley Demos. He left Cincy area and went to Lexington, KY and opened a restaurant there called Stanley Demos Coach House Restaurant. We went there one time on the way back from a family reunion in Somerset, KY. Don't think it was quite as good as the Fox and Crow. I think it probably is not in operation now as that was in the early '80s. Here's a link, but doesn't tell much. Other sites there say that Stanley is 97. Don't know if that's the same guy.

BTW, Carlo and Johnny is rated very highly. Hope to go for my birthday celebration sometime soon.

Mod cut: link removed, please read our terms of service and wait with links and/or recommendations until you have at least 10 posts

Last edited by Yac; 04-05-2017 at 02:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati