Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:34 PM

10 posts, read 51,723 times

Advertisements

Mason is beautiful and the schools are great. Lots of new shopping and restaurants. Convenient to theme park and waterpark. New cinema.
Moderator cut: advertising We got moved to GA 7 months ago and now are in TN. Miss OH badly...

Love Colorado too. Can't beat the view!

Last edited by Yac; 02-20-2008 at 02:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM

59 posts, read 228,508 times
I've lived in the Springs and Denver. Now I live in Cincy. I will say I would never live in Mason, mainly due to the congestion. The Mason schools are huge and your kids are competing for sports teams with tons of other great athletes.

I like the following school districts for their academics and medium size: Wyoming, Madeira, Mariemont, and of course Indian Hill. Wyoming and IH are top 100 in the country, but Madeira and Mariemont are very close in quality. The neighborhoods are excellent in all four.

You are going to love Cincinnati.

Old 02-20-2008, 03:49 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
Mariemont is awesome.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:01 AM

162 posts, read 543,607 times
I was born and raised in Cincy. I have lived about 8 years in Colorado Springs. It would be very hard to move back to Cincy. I still get the "I'm home" feeling whenever I go back to Cincy but I don't think I could live there again. I lived most of my life just north of Cincy in a previously stated town of Fairfield. It's a very conservative city and I have nothing bad to say about it. Nice homes there and the cost of living is probably the lowest in the country.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,434 times
Default nice neighbors

I have lived here most of my life. Have lived in a northern neighborhood for the past 20 years(inside the 275 loop) You can find the good schools and so forth pretty easy. Some of the well known ones are Madeira, Mariemont, Indian Hill and Sycamore-on the east side. Sycamore is very large school district. when we looked about 10 years ago to stepping up to a larger house-there were something like 400 kids in just the 8th grade. they had lots to offer in after school programs and upper level couses for high school, band and sports teams are pretty big. Sometimes bigger can be better sometimes smaller. just depends on what you need and what you are looking for. Don't get too much bang for the buck in these areas for houses but schools are rated excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati