Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:16 PM
bud bud started this thread

17 posts, read 91,662 times

Advertisements

Possibly relocaing to Cincinnati in the next few months or so and my wife will be working in the northern part of the city.
My question is what are some of the more nicer neighborhoods or suburbs, We live a moderate lifestyle no too upscale and would like a neighborhood that has newer homes and has plenty of shopping. I would like an area of town that has plenty of restaurants.
It sure is tough to leave the Rocky Mountains.
So if I might get some direction that would be appreciated

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:36 PM

32 posts, read 106,571 times
I'm with you! We are planning to move this summer from Conifer to Cinn area! Sure hate leaving my beloved mountains but am looking forward to our new start. We are looking for something on a couple of acres, north of the downtown area. I'm not even sure what area to be searching! Hoping to get out for a visit in the next couple of months to get a better idea.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:39 PM

450 posts, read 1,203,421 times
I would look at Mason, WestChester, Symmes Township, Liberty Township, Fairfield...Cinti is a great area to raise a family but it's not for me at all...Good Luck who you like it here

Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 PM

351 posts, read 1,874,152 times
While the houses are not newer, I'd like to encourage both of you to check out Glendale (The Village of Glendale, Ohio). This is one of the nicer areas to the north of the city, with greater bang for the buck than comparables. There is a village square, good restaurants (Grande Finale!) and lots of shopping and I-275 and I-75 nearby. Big trees, lots of parks, small community feel yet in the I-275 corridor. There are new homes that have been built in the village, but the old homes shouldn't be overlooked for their quality and charm. Wyoming, also a quality northern neighborhood is slightly to the south and may be of interest to you, too.

Good luck with your hunts!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:24 PM

32 posts, read 106,571 times
What areas do you suggest that have about a 2 acre lot? Something within about a 30 minute rush hour commute of Blue Ash preferred?

Old 02-08-2008, 08:42 PM

351 posts, read 1,874,152 times
If you want a lot that size, you may want to look outside of the I-275 loop in the more rural areas. There's a lot of farm land that is slowly being transformed into new communities to the north. If you go up the I-75 corridor (not I-71: that seems to have more dense construction further up than does I-75), or look around northern route 4, you may be able to find larger land parcels. Alternatively, there are a lot of larger lots being broken up for subdevelopment all around northern Cincinnati. That would be a hit-or-miss process to identify, though, and you might be best served with a realtor.

Keep in mind that commuting to Blue Ash from the north will be a car tangle in both directions at peak hours.

Sorry I can't be more specific!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:42 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
Milford is a great suburb to check into. Also, look into Mason.

Welcome to The City of Milford, Ohio

The City of Mason, Ohio

Old 02-09-2008, 10:33 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Bud, if you stand facing the Ohio River in downtown Cincinnati, look across the river at KY and squint really hard, you can kinda, sorta imagine that it's the Front Range of the Rockies you're looking at. Maybe holding a can of Coors will help... (Anyway, welcome to Ohio!)

Old 02-10-2008, 11:54 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,904,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Bud, if you stand facing the Ohio River in downtown Cincinnati, look across the river at KY and squint really hard, you can kinda, sorta imagine that it's the Front Range of the Rockies you're looking at. Maybe holding a can of Coors will help... (Anyway, welcome to Ohio!)
LOL I would have thought you would stay downtown, but look west towards Indiana.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:19 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
LOL I would have thought you would stay downtown, but look west towards Indiana.
I wanted to make sure Bud includes Covington & Newport to simulate Golden & Arvada, CO (too much "reality TV during the strike, ya know!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati