Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 04:00 PM

325 posts, read 1,124,725 times

Advertisements

Hello All, I got a call from my Brother He wanted me to mention a couple teachers he remembered well and see if anyone else did too...Mr. Hedges and Mr. Harper..I can't for the life of me remember any of my teachers names except Mr. Alexander. and Mr Haas ( he was fresh out of college and handsome ) Hyden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 04:19 PM

14 posts, read 24,942 times
I remember A Mr Kent for math Mrs Burkholder for english and a Mr Wilson

Old 12-06-2009, 08:28 PM

Ernie those names do sound familar, I do remember a Mr. Woodruff he was a little older man that was given a hard time by the kids, I was given detention a few times..I think he taught history. I remember Mr. Allen that I had for math and was given a swat by . I always felt guilty after I was a little older and was ready to graduate. I went back and visited the school in my senior year and was glad to see the teachers and this time I showed them more respect. I can't remember her name but I had her for science and when I was visiting she asked if I wanted to go down for lunch with her and this time I ate my lunch in the teacher's section, and as always Mr. Alexander was his happy self.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:02 PM

25 posts, read 65,011 times
Didn't Mrs Burkholder have a chair students couldn't sit in because she claimed it belonged to Shakespeare ? I believe Mr Harper was the science teacher.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:07 AM

14 posts, read 24,942 times
Hyden you are correct it was Mr Woodruff not Wilson Shoesx my science teacher was a young lady

Old 12-07-2009, 06:12 PM

Ernie Im not sure he could have been the health teacher. I do remember Mike Murdock. He was one of my first friends after moving to Madisonville in 1958. We were in the same 4th grade class at Madisonville Elementary.He should remember me. I remember Jr Wells, beautiful boxer, unfortunately not very powerful, but incredibly gifted.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:19 PM

101 posts, read 228,887 times
hi everbody, does anyone remember john nelson? he was my 1st ever black friend in'63 at lyons.. eastwood had no blacks when i was there.. what about linda and diane wagner at lyon,they were from oakley but i have two beautiful daughters from my marriage to linda. i'm having memory probs. right now but i'm sure more names will pop in this old brain.b.b.l.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:27 PM

101 posts, read 228,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesx View Post
Ernie Im not sure he could have been the health teacher. I do remember Mike Murdock. He was one of my first friends after moving to Madisonville in 1958. We were in the same 4th grade class at Madisonville Elementary.He should remember me. I remember Jr Wells, beautiful boxer, unfortunately not very powerful, but incredibly gifted.
you're rite about jr. wells (he's preacher now) when i was 15-16 yrs. he sucker punched me from the back and i just turned around and slammed him. ha ha my sis judy boyfriend was fighting dennis peyton (who she married ha). i remember just holding jr. down till dennis got thru withmy sis' then boyfriend randy metz. randy lived uptairs in your bldg. betty he had a little brother ricky and his mom drove a 56'chevy belair

Old 12-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Wow he's a preacher now? Good for him. I remember he was part of the gang that included Kenny Lawson, James Fletcher, Charlie Terney and more as my memory fades. I dont know if you all remember the expressions or terms , mades or tailor mades, or workies. I cant remember the name of the shoes but they all were out of my range except for workies. These guys could afford to dress sharp and I never figured out how. To this day I never had a pair of tailor made pants.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM

Shoex, I remember "Tailor Mades"...I don't remember any in Lyons but when I started a Courter Tech there was alot of guys that wore them, quite a few were Black but then there were the white guys from price Hill or close to it that wore them and their nick names was greasers and they walked around in the pimp walk and really thought they were something.
Thats just funny now. Hyden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati