Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 06:26 AM

6,344 posts, read 11,094,986 times

Advertisements

What's the deal with this team? Don't they have enough sense to find a site for their stadium that won't destroy a high school and neighborhood ball field and also one that is near highway access? Nobody in his right mind would develop a stadium or even a coliseum for hockey and basketball without highway access right nearby. City streets in Oakley or the West End will be a nightmare to navigate before and after games. Will hurt local business too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 07:12 AM

610 posts, read 797,517 times
What?

1. It will not touch Taft HS and FCC is offering to build a brand new Stragel Stadium for CPS.
2. The West End site is 0.5 mile from Ezzard Charles I-75 exit.
3. It would help local businesses especially on game days. It why all the business in Oakley want the stadium there and I'm sure all the bars in OTR would love the stadium in the WE.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:38 AM

6,344 posts, read 11,094,986 times
Only a half mile from I 75? In that densely populated area that is going to be an eternity to go to and from the stadium for the spectators and create major hassles for the local residents trying to get around.

Not sure how it will help local businesses unless traffic moves with relative ease. People that are stuck in traffic typically don't stop to buy anything.

Good to hear they will build a new stadium for the high school. At least that makes sense.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:44 AM

183 posts, read 197,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Only a half mile from I 75? In that densely populated area that is going to be an eternity to go to and from the stadium for the spectators and create major hassles for the local residents trying to get around.

Not sure how it will help local businesses unless traffic moves with relative ease. People that are stuck in traffic typically don't stop to buy anything.

Good to hear they will build a new stadium for the high school. At least that makes sense.

The highway access is not all that different from the current situation in Clifton. About a half mile to any highway on ramp from campus.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:03 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,163,629 times
Honestly, they will be fine. It's a nice stadium site choice, definitely better than Oakley as far as connecting to the community is concerned.

What it is going to boil down to is good stadium design. For that I hope the architects look to the great soccer clubs of Europe rather than the Chicago Fires or Mapfre Stadiums of the world.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:36 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
3. It would help local businesses especially on game days.
What businesses?

Are you talking about Ritchie's Fast Food Restaurant?

Or perhaps people will flock to Cee Kay Beauty Supply after the match.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:06 AM

610 posts, read 797,517 times
^ All the bars in OTR is what I meant.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:17 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,974,606 times
What happened to Oakley? Are the owners using the West Side for leverage against Oakley to get what they want? I've not been to the proposed area in the West Side; however, if it's close to Taft HS, I think I have a pretty good idea what it looks like which is not what I consider to be Soccer's demographic sweet spot.

Is it that easy to get to Taft High School from the bars & restaurants in OTR? It seems like you'd have to hop in a car which doesn't sound very appealing after you've been warming up in a bar.

The whole West Side thing seems very strange to me.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:49 AM

183 posts, read 197,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
What happened to Oakley? Are the owners using the West Side for leverage against Oakley to get what they want? I've not been to the proposed area in the West Side; however, if it's close to Taft HS, I think I have a pretty good idea what it looks like which is not what I consider to be Soccer's demographic sweet spot.

Is it that easy to get to Taft High School from the bars & restaurants in OTR? It seems like you'd have to hop in a car which doesn't sound very appealing after you've been warming up in a bar.

The whole West Side thing seems very strange to me.
The stadium site is only about a two block walk from Music Hall. There is a streetcar stop right in front of Music Hall which will allow for many more choices regarding parking, drinking, eating, etc.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:26 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,974,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo07 View Post
The stadium site is only about a two block walk from Music Hall. There is a streetcar stop right in front of Music Hall which will allow for many more choices regarding parking, drinking, eating, etc.
Thank you. That locale makes a lot more sense to me now. I'm not a Cinti native, so my knowledge of the geographic boundaries of the West Side is admittedly very limited, but I never considered 2 blocks west of Washington Park to be the West Side. I thought the West Side had to be West of I-75---so that's what has been screwing me up when they talk about putting it in the west side. I had a mental image of the area they were discussing to be the heavy industrial/barren waste land a little before you go up the hill to the Incline House but just west of the train tracks.

I hope the Black leaders don't get greedy and miss this opportunity. If I'm them, I negotiate for after-school amenities at Taft school district and push for jobs at the stadium. They already gave you a brand new football stadium....so I think FC might additionally consider investing in the academic and after-school activities of Taft High School. That's how you better your people.

Anybody know why Oakley is seemingly no longer the front runner? That one always made a lot of sense to me due to the plethora of bars and hipsters in the surrounding area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati