Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 PM

35 posts, read 97,754 times

Advertisements

Sandie- With your housing budget, you should TOTALLY look at Terrace Park. Part of Mariemont School District, which if rated right behind Indian Hill. We transfered here with P&G (lots of P&G families in TP)... and even though there are 100s of reasons we love it, the main reason we picked it is it has the quality of Indian Hill schools without any snobs. The other main reason is that there are no real neighborhoods in Indian Hill... TP is a neighborhood, through and through. Kids walk to school, can walk home for lunch. Everyone watches our for each others kids. Community pool and tennis court, complete with our own little summer swim team. New moms get 3 meals a week for 3 months from the community, which I think totally sums up how nice everyone is here. Easy to break in... people really reach out. And, if your kids are in sports, most of the sports are actually done right here, so they can walk and bike to practice. I could go on and on... feel free to e-mail me if you need more info. Also, you said you prefer trees and older homes... TP was started in late 1800s and has a lot of historical homes. It is one of the designated tree cities in the US, and we have our own arborist.

Mariemont is great too, but we looked at both and just loved how TP was set up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 12:26 PM

21 posts, read 76,681 times
Hey, Sandieboston - I teach in Forest Hills SD in Anderson, and will say that I have heard great things, and all of my co-workers send their kids to our schools....the district has a great reputation, and Anderson is a great area to raise a family, plus it's close to fun neighborhoods a bit nearer downtown (Hyde Park and Mt. Lookout, Oakley....)

Check it out.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,147 times
Default Wyoming or Terrace Park

The best schools = Wyoming Schools. It's got a small downtown & the Half Day Cafe is "Mom Central" after you drop the kids off. Many choices of homes/styles to live in and beautiful streets. Very friendly place.
Aaaahhhh....Terrace Park. I wish I could have afforded that town! Homes are lovely, area quieter, & a river runs through it. If you enjoy bicycling, do look there. We drove our bikes there often to ride the flat streets & hop on the Loveland bike trail. Sweet place.
Either town is a quick commute to downtown Cinti. It's a good life ahead for you.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,588 times
Default Over The Rhine, Definitely

You should build your $750K house in the geometrical center of Over The Rhine. I think that would be the way to go. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati