Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2021, 05:52 PM

8 posts, read 9,476 times

Advertisements

Anyone live there and can tell me likes/dislikes?
We are considering putting offer in on house there
Tomorrow and would love to hear from someone who lives there..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 05:21 PM

8 posts, read 9,476 times
We ended up passing on the house. I would still like to hear opinions of the area as we are going to keep it on our list!

Old 03-22-2021, 08:20 AM

610 posts, read 796,977 times
I've lived in PR for about 5 years now and have bought our forever home here.

We love it.

Pros:
-Strong sense of community
-Walkable business district w/ long term tenats like Everybodys Records and Gaslight
-Good dining and drinking options w/ Goodfellas, Nine Giant, Overlook, Revolution and Coffee Exchange
-Good public school in PRM and private option in Nativity
-Consistently ranked as one the safest neighborhoods
-Next to French Park and good small park with with large playground, pool and spray grounds on Ridge
-Still affordable vs places like Oakley

Cons:
-Traffic can be headache especially with people speeding on Montgomery, Langdon Farm and Losantiville.
-Still some problem areas specifically w/ some apartments and apt complexes.
-UDF is shady

Old 03-23-2021, 12:57 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,084,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
I've lived in PR for about 5 years now and have bought our forever home here.

We love it.

Pros:
-Strong sense of community
-Walkable business district w/ long term tenats like Everybodys Records and Gaslight
-Good dining and drinking options w/ Goodfellas, Nine Giant, Overlook, Revolution and Coffee Exchange
-Good public school in PRM and private option in Nativity
-Consistently ranked as one the safest neighborhoods
-Next to French Park and good small park with with large playground, pool and spray grounds on Ridge
-Still affordable vs places like Oakley

Cons:
-Traffic can be headache especially with people speeding on Montgomery, Langdon Farm and Losantiville.
-Still some problem areas specifically w/ some apartments and apt complexes.
-UDF is shady
All very good points. It seems that UDF has its fair share of issues.

My brother lives on the PR side of the Cincy/Norwood line. It is a quiet area though they are pretty far from the central business corridor of Pleasant Ridge. I have no problem being there, but there do seem to be a small handful of streets or corners that seem less desirable than others. But even then, it is a quiet area.

My bigger concern would be with some of the shopping centers in Columbia Township to the south before you hit the revamped Oakley Station center. Lot's of empty or B Class storefronts. Also, some old dealerships that have not been redeveloped since the '08 recession closed them.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:06 AM

610 posts, read 796,977 times
Yeah, the whole Highland/Ridge area is a mess. I keep waiting for the day for a big developer to swoop in and at least buy the Burlington Coat Factory building. Such prime real estate, just north of Oakley, right on the highway. Plenty of space to build some office buildings or medical office buildings or even apartments. Also, NIOSH will be vacant in a few years that will open up even more land down there.

Finally, the empty buildings at the corner of Ridge and Lester are being torn down to make way for new apartment buildings. That will remove an eye sore. Pleasant Ridge Business District Infill Project

Old 03-26-2021, 07:47 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincydave8 View Post
Pleasant Ridge Chili!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati