Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:53 PM

246 posts, read 1,049,198 times

Advertisements

For info about the local music scene, I'd recommend a visit to ShakeIt Records at 4156 Hamilton Avenue (Northside). Website:

Welcome to Shake It Records

And don't forget Everybody's Records at 6106 Montgomery Rd (Pleasant Ridge). Website:

Everybody's Records - Home Page

There are tons of blogs about happenings in local music, too. Start here:

Spill It: A Music Blog

And of course, in about a month we have the local MidPoint Music Festival, which you must check out. Website:

: : MidPoint Music Festival : : MPMF : : Music Starts Here! : : (broken link)

Hope this info helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:25 AM

4 posts, read 8,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastgirl View Post
MurrayHillPrep

What part of Jersey are you from, or as we say what exit? I grew up in Bergen County NJ, moved to NYS for 10 years..so I am a Jersey girl too! One of the issues I have with subdivisions is, the lack of trees/privacy. I am not used to being able to see several other backyards as clear as day! We are looking on the Cinci side, there are many subdivisions there as well however there are more choices of non subdivision homes available. The downside to Cinci is the higher cost of living but we will deal with it if nothing else, my sanity..and the fact my husband is tired of the constant comments.

I am from Union County exit 13A to be exact, lol. Glad to find another Jersey Girl. How is your search going?

Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
I always love it when somebody who lived near the Catskills, one of the most beautiful places on Earth, moves to the midwest and can't understand why their crappy subdivision doesn't have a mountain at the end of the cul de sac.

And, since you were basically partying between Woodstock and Scranton, I think your expectations are a bit unrealistic. Nashville Tennessee is about as far from Northern Kentucky (driving time wise) as the two music places you mentioned are from each other, so I guess if you are used to that type of trip there is plenty of music here. I doubt that Hunter Mountain has better bookings than Nashville, Tn.

And, for the price of a comfortable bungalow in Woodstock, you can move to Indian Hill on the east side of Cincinnati.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 PM

62 posts, read 298,234 times
There is a great home on Eugenie Lane in Westwood that has a deep yard and backs up to woods full of deer and foxes. Very, very nice street. I think it's a Coldwell Banker/Rick & Holly Finn house -- link here: Property Details

Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 AM

8 posts, read 16,999 times
I always love it when somebody who lived near the Catskills, one of the most beautiful places on Earth, moves to the midwest and can't understand why their crappy subdivision doesn't have a mountain at the end of the cul de sac.

And, since you were basically partying between Woodstock and Scranton, I think your expectations are a bit unrealistic. Nashville Tennessee is about as far from Northern Kentucky (driving time wise) as the two music places you mentioned are from each other, so I guess if you are used to that type of trip there is plenty of music here. I doubt that Hunter Mountain has better bookings than Nashville, Tn.

And, for the price of a comfortable bungalow in Woodstock, you can move to Indian Hill on the east side of Cincinnati.

No mountain at the end of the road...simply geography. Yes we are used to traveling for shows, the places you mentioned as well as NYC. There are some bands that just do not play anywhere near here. Spearhead and Allmans..non-existent in these parts. Spearhead is not a Nashville type of band. Govt Mule is playing at the Madison Theatre in November, but that venue is not my cup of tea, lots of cig smoke and so crowded you cannot move at all. I am more of a festival, or non mainstream music lover, you know Power To The Peaceful I have been to many a Dead show in my life,I am talking about when Jerry was still with us.

We will find our way we always do. This journey is completely different a bit odd for me, but the color will come in time.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:03 AM

8 posts, read 16,999 times
I am from Union County exit 13A to be exact, lol. Glad to find another Jersey Girl. How is your search going?

I apologize for the delayed response. Well we are working with a realtor, checking out the east side, Batavia actually. We will find our home, it will just take time. We have been here for over a year and I am still out of sorts. I have been traveling back home..ALOT The last four months I have made myself stay here, I took a year off, but in the process of trying to find a job. I was at my last company for 11 years, but I am having a tough time trying to find a company that is a fit. Wish me luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati