Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:16 AM

350 posts, read 880,614 times

Advertisements

Took some pics during some down-time yesterday. These are just some that caught my eye within a few minutes, I didn't drive around looking. I'd say these represent the middle of the road home for the neighborhood.

I wish I could have gotten a few pics of the huge Four-Squares with three windows across a few streets over.
Attached Thumbnails
What's my neighborhood-picture-015.jpg   What's my neighborhood-picture-019.jpg   What's my neighborhood-picture-023.jpg   What's my neighborhood-picture-025.jpg   What's my neighborhood-picture-032.jpg  

What's my neighborhood-picture-026.jpg   What's my neighborhood-picture-030.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 06:34 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
Hmmm...(goyguy dons thinking cap)
I'll try not to use up all the guesses m'self!
My immediate first reaction was "Mt Lookout."
None of those houses would be out of place in Wyoming, but having grown up there I can rule that guess out. (4-square Colonials don't exist there anyways.)
If the answer is "College Hill" I wouldn't be surprised, ditto for "Kennedy Hts" since the niche of that community bounded by Montgomery Rd, Kennedy Ave, and Red Bank is upscale and off most folks' radar. Also off many people's radar is Westwood, if only because of its being "across the viaduct" and therefore not visited by many east siders. (lol)
Could well be Park Hills or Fort Mitchell, "across the river," too.
But I'll be a good sport and leave my other guesses for everybody else.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:40 PM

682 posts, read 1,630,036 times
Looks like it could be Westwood to me. looks like the right age range of parts of Westwood. Well kept, nice landscaping. Architecture looks right.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Hmmm...(goyguy dons thinking cap)
I'll try not to use up all the guesses m'self!
My immediate first reaction was "Mt Lookout."
None of those houses would be out of place in Wyoming, but having grown up there I can rule that guess out. (4-square Colonials don't exist there anyways.)
If the answer is "College Hill" I wouldn't be surprised, ditto for "Kennedy Hts" since the niche of that community bounded by Montgomery Rd, Kennedy Ave, and Red Bank is upscale and off most folks' radar. Also off many people's radar is Westwood, if only because of its being "across the viaduct" and therefore not visited by many east siders. (lol)
Could well be Park Hills or Fort Mitchell, "across the river," too.
But I'll be a good sport and leave my other guesses for everybody else.
You, sir, are correct.

If I had taken these from the street without zooming in, the larger lots and rolling hills would be more apparent.

I took a detour through CH on my way to Northside via Kilby. I didn't get any pictures of the mansions around McAuley High School which may be the best in the neighborhood.

The yellow stucco house reminds me of many like it in Hyde Park, just with less embellishment.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationconsultant View Post
Looks like it could be Westwood to me. looks like the right age range of parts of Westwood. Well kept, nice landscaping. Architecture looks right.
Next time you are on Montana around McFarlan, on the north side of the road stands a taller,thinner variation of this house, very similar color combination. They're both impeccable and gorgeous.

BTW, I'm addicted to your blog!

Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,835,891 times
This was cool! More, more! Next time I promise to limit my guesses, LOL...
One of my to-do's which never gets done is to take some pics exactly like these, in parts of town few would surmise would have such excellent homes. It perpetually bugs me that so many areas get a bad rap when there are sections within them (often most of the neighborhood) that're really nice.
Here are some "secret gem" streets to check out on future rides. If you post photos from any of them as a quiz I won't take the cheap win.

Parkdale Ave (Roselawn)
Aikenside Ave (Kennedy Heights)
Kearney St (Hartwell)
La Feuille Ave (Westwood)
Escalon Ave (Carthage)
Towanda Terrace (Bond Hill)

...and there are lots, lots more where those came from, all in Cincy sectors commonly thought of as "sketchy" or "going downhill." Such as College Hill!
Good job concealing house numbers, btw.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:05 PM

Heh, I didn't conceal the house numbers, 'Natians like their privacy or something. I know they're hard to see from the street.

These are some I took during lunch cruising around. This one should be easier? Yeah, should be.
Attached Thumbnails
What's my neighborhood-neigh2-001.jpg   What's my neighborhood-neigh2-007.jpg   What's my neighborhood-neigh2-010.jpg   What's my neighborhood-neigh2-013.jpg   What's my neighborhood-neigh2-015.jpg  

What's my neighborhood-neigh2-014.jpg   What's my neighborhood-neigh2-018.jpg   What's my neighborhood-neigh2-022.jpg   What's my neighborhood-neigh2-005.jpg   What's my neighborhood-neigh2-030.jpg  

Old 04-28-2010, 01:59 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Boy, do I ever miss the residential architecture of the Midwest. I'm so sick of looking at brick row houses and twins ... including mine!

Old 04-28-2010, 02:02 PM

Attached Thumbnails
What's my neighborhood-neigh2-028.jpg  

Old 04-28-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Boy, do I ever miss the residential architecture of the Midwest. I'm so sick of looking at brick row houses and twins ... including mine!
I'm sick of looking at the power/phone cables everywhere, looks like sh^t.

twins?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati