Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2013, 06:40 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,907,894 times

Advertisements

Anyway, I have said all along Indy is ahead in the downtown development game.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
^ Broken image, homes.
thanks here it is

Old 02-28-2013, 07:08 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
You think my boosterism is bad?
i say Damn look at the Cincy people. Its like Cleveland and Pittsburgh now.
You can show your cities strength without boosting it to infinity and beyond.
I think Cincy needs to join the club with Cleveland and Pittsburgh for massive City-Data boosterism.
Heck i think this thread needs to be closed cause its just turning into a pissing contest.
Also before you say i do the same thing i realize Indy has a crime problem. But instead of sitting here just *talking* about it i have come up with ideas and plans to help combat it and ill be meeting with the Mayor soon and ill discuss some of these with him.
and you dont, please you and geo8 are well known around city data for this very reason.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:40 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,467,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
The big missed opportunity in Indy was to do something really special with that street between Monument Circle and the Capital (dont recall the name).

That ensemble is almost like out of European baroque city, with two monumental structures terminating the view east and west down the street. This was the street that should have had a nice sidewalk/street tree treatment, with development geared to having sidewalk cafe's and more street-sidewalk orientation.

A missed opportunity for Indianapolis to be almost...like Paris, Vienna, or Rome...
I've got to be careful drinking beverages while reading C-D. That sentence literally made me spit Diet Coke out onto my laptop screen.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Every city is seeing urban investment. It's not like Cincinnati is the only one building and improving. Developmentally, Cleveland is ahead of the other two Cs, but Columbus is seeing the best economic recovery, being the only city in the state and one of the few in the region to have recovered its recession losses. Again, this is not to say that Cincinnati doesn't have positive momentum in these areas, but stating it's doing better than everyone else nearby is just not true right now.
And, predictably, you contend that Cincinnati is doing the worst of the 3C's in your usual roundabout. So, in your view from Mexico, Cleveland is ahead of the other two but Columbus has the best economic recovery? Somehow, the largest metro out of the three fails again, in jbcmh81's expert opinion.

Columbus - Development points to lots of momentum, best economic recovery

Cleveland - Most current development, doing the best of all three cities

Cincinnati - meh, nothing to see here ... move along

Isn't that about the gist of your spin?

Last edited by abr7rmj; 02-28-2013 at 08:16 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Also i couldnt help but notice how shot out some of the buildings windows are.
Cincy needs to clean up its historic buildings. Indy already has done that. Hence why the historic buildings downtown dont look like eyesores.
Yea, the blocks buildings outside of Conseco Fieldhouse lined with bail bonds, pawn shops and the like aren't eyesores at all, are they?

Going to the Big Ten basketball tournament at Conseco a couple of years ago was as disappointed I've been with any city's downtown in a long time.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,051,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciFan View Post
I live in Columbus now, and I just don't see anything that meets or exceeds Cincinnati in terms of architectural quality. Can you give an example?
Anything in GV, VV, OTE, etc. The architecture is from the same era and has the same historic character.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
I'd love to see an image of Columbus (or Indy) on par with this:
You guys keep acting like all this matters. Again, Columbus has buildings like those in the photo. Cincinnati may have more, but where are people moving?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
And, predictably, you contend that Cincinnati is doing the worst of the 3C's in your usual roundabout. So, in your view from Mexico, Cleveland is ahead of the other two but Columbus has the best economic recovery? Somehow, the largest metro out of the three fails again, in jbcmh81's expert opinion.

Columbus - Development points to lots of momentum, best economic recovery

Cleveland - Most current development, doing the best of all three cities

Cincinnati - meh, nothing to see here ... move along

Isn't that about the gist of your spin?
I'm not sure why you think I have something against Cincinnati specifically. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't. Facts are facts, however. You guys can go on and on about architecture and scenery, which I'm sure I have already agreed with are some of the best in the state (and region, for that matter), but it's just not enough. If I wanted to simply boost Columbus, I would not state that Cincinnati has the best skyline or Cleveland has the most development going on right now. I would be like BroadRipple and just make baseless hyperbole all of the time.

I never said Cincinnati was 3rd in both. I think it comes after Cleveland in terms of development (making Columbus 3rd, if you're counting), but after Columbus in terms of economic recovery, so in both cases, it's 2nd but not the best in either. I'd call that a solid position. It has areas that it needs to work on just like the other two. I swear Cincinnati posters have got to be the most sensitive out of all Ohio's cities.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,907,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You guys keep acting like all this matters. Again, Columbus has buildings like those in the photo. Cincinnati may have more, but where are people moving?
It is not all that matters. It is something that matters quite a bit and can't be duplicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City