Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Cincinnati vs. Atlanta
Cincinnati 48 36.36%
Atlanta 84 63.64%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 04:39 PM

531 posts, read 1,143,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
That video you posted is cute it’s doesn’t tells how much more urban Cincinnati city is or how un urban Atlanta city is it tells how much the overall metro Atlanta sprawls. Metro Atlanta is a lot bigger than Cincinnati over twice and half the population. If you want to be funny metro Atlanta is over 3 million in just 1,700 sq mi. Greater Cincinnati takes 4,398.8 sq mi just to make a little over 2 million. So as you watch that video think about that.

Now Because the neighborhoods where Castleberry Hill, Sweet Auburn, Cabbagetown, Old Fourth Ward where many homes have no yard or very small home lots for the most part there isn’t drive ways and everything is close to the sidewalk I want you to wow me and post something in Cincinnati that’s so urban that those Atlanta neighborhoods are un urban. I’m not saying Atlanta has more urban neighborhoods then Cincinnati but I will say Atlanta many urban neighborhoods just as Cincinnati. So please post something about Cincinnati that blows Atlanta out of the park something we can’t counter with a Atlanta neighborhood. You said you have a different standards for urbanity show us this in Cincinnati so we know what your talking about feel free to use pictures and google map. Because I dying to know what in Cincinnati is so urban in development that Atlanta’s Sweet Auburn, Cabbagetown, Old Fourth Ward and etc aren’t. Pretty please

i already did--refer back to the link i posted a page or 2 back.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM

908 posts, read 1,828,719 times

YouTube - Suburban Sprawl

Old 10-06-2010, 04:49 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
The Atlanta area has 2-3 times as many people as the Cincinnati area, not really a fair comparison.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:53 PM

908 posts, read 1,828,719 times

YouTube - This is Cincinnati USA.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:59 PM

749 posts, read 1,315,967 times
You're posting videos of suburbs surrounding Atlanta, and at the same time a video on Cincinnati proper.
I don't expect you to respond, you can keep posting videos, it's a just little odd.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:06 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
The central urban core of Cincinnati can be very deceiving. People like to post pictures of Downtown and OTR and act like the entire city and area is like that, far from true.

The majority of Cincinnati city actually has a suburban look and feel to it, and the far majority (over 3/4) of the Cincinnati metro area is made up of typical boring suburban sprawl, filled with newer McMansions and neighborhoods where all the houses look the same.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:41 PM

6 posts, read 5,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
But this is *city* data, hence lots of people living in cities. Most people in real life live in the suburbs, even in NYC Metro, most people still live in the suburbs.
People who live in cities DO worry about whether it has light rail or heavy rail, or in better terms, public transportation is extremely important for day to day life. People rent their apartments and buy property based on this stuff.
So when people on here mislead others and claim things like "oh yeah you can live there without a car", when it is in fact an extreme hassle to do so, makes people in turn, extremely pissed off.
Also I would imagine most people in the nation's better cities DO go to the museums and associated events more than that as the majority of them have visiting exhibits which people want to check out, it isn't as if they are seeing the same stuff over and over.
I.E. I've been to MOMA in SF, but would definitely go again say when Richard Avedon exhibit was in town.
I've been to Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, but made a special extra visit a few years back just for Body Worlds 2.

I know you are just stopping by to troll on your new account, but figured I would call you out on it anyhow.
There are plenty of other examples.
It is not a pissing contest at all, but, they are two different lifestyles.

Dude, no one in ATL is sitting around sad and depressed because of sprawl and no one living here is complaining about MARTA not being "heavy rail". I mean seriously, who sits around and frowns about this stuff?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 PM

2,539 posts, read 2,861,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
The central urban core of Cincinnati can be very deceiving. People like to post pictures of Downtown and OTR and act like the entire city and area is like that, far from true.

The majority of Cincinnati city actually has a suburban look and feel to it, and the far majority (over 3/4) of the Cincinnati metro area is made up of typical boring suburban sprawl, filled with newer McMansions and neighborhoods where all the houses look the same.
Says the guy who is the biggest homer for his city on this site and goes above and beyond to bash Cincinnati because he feels legitimately threatened that it perhaps could be as good of a place to live if not better than Cleveland.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:02 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStrawhat View Post
Dude, no one in ATL is sitting around sad and depressed because of sprawl and no one living here is complaining about MARTA not being "heavy rail". I mean seriously, who sits around and frowns about this stuff?
A lot of Atlanta residents are very aware of the sprawl and want more fill in and high rise development particular somewhere like Midtown, as are residents of most successful modern metros. I believe MARTA is actually heavy rail so..? A lot of Atlanta residents want to expand MARTA and have to fight with the surrounding suburb NIMBY's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City