Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: detroit vs chicago in fashion
detroit 12 19.05%
chicago 47 74.60%
both equal 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 12:20 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
first off who said it was? and I could give a **** about if it is or isn't
Secondly this is a thread about fashion in Detroit vs. Chicago but I can't post videos of fashion in Detroit???? wow lmao. FYI all the videos weren't from DFW
Sure you could, but you have an obvious agenda which the majority disagree with, it is more than a stretch to say the least. It was a bit implied since as you say, you are going up against Chicago, and to the Detroit posters, a fashion scene better than Chicago. So to be better than Chicago, the 3rd largest city in the country with lots of wealth to purchase said fashion and support such industries, it would have to be on the level of NYC or similar to be superior. You make many invalid claims. You doubt people right down the road in Chicago that they have been to Detroit? People are very aware of Detroit...no worries there, you certainly aren't behind a veil or iron curtain. If people want to make ridiculous claims, prepare to have seething rebuttals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 12:32 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
sure you could, but you have an obvious agenda which the majority disagree with, it is more than a stretch to say the least. you make many invalid claims. you doubt people right down the road in chicago that they have been to detroit? People are very aware of Detroit...no worries there, you certainly aren't behind a veil. If people want to make ridiculous claims, prepare to have seething rebuttals.
I have an agenda but yet I'm only one of two people who didn't vote and care least about which is better but simply defending my city because you idiots, who have clearly never been to detroit, insist on saying ignorant **** about a place you know nothing about hmmmmm yea ok. Like I said the sole reason everybody on here picked Chicago is because its Chicago against Detroit. Hell if it was any city against Detroit I'm pretty sure most of you would pick the other city simply to vote against Detroit. smh. The poster who swears, like many others on here, that he has been here can't even tell me where. what side of town atleast Probaly can't name one Detroit street other than 8mile. Another who swears he lived in Birhmingham and know so much about Detroit first says we all walk around in construction wear then turns around and says he doesn't know about fashion in Detroit. yea ok they've been here

Old 10-05-2010, 12:39 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
I have an agenda but yet I'm only one of two people who didn't vote and care least about which is better but simply defending my city because you idiots, who have clearly never been to detroit, insist on saying ignorant **** about a place you know nothing about hmmmmm yea ok. Like I said the sole reason everybody on here picked Chicago is because its Chicago against Detroit. Hell if it was any city against Detroit I'm pretty sure most of you would pick the other city simply to vote against Detroit. smh. The poster who swears, like many others on here, that he has been here can't even tell me where. what side of town atleast Probaly can't name one Detroit street other than 8mile. Another who swears he lived in Birhmingham and know so much about Detroit first says we all walk around in construction wear then turns around and says he doesn't know about fashion in Detroit. yea ok they've been here
Really can't help their posts. Hey it is the internet. I don't think that is the reason they picked Chicago. It is just the generally accepted view Chicago's fashion scene is a level better than that found in Detroit overall. This certainly doesn't mean that Detroit is irrelevant, it just isn't up there with Chicago in that area. I think it is more of the wide range which Detroit gets beat in, whether or not somebody thinks subjectively who looks "more fly".

Old 10-05-2010, 12:54 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,392,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Really can't help their posts. Hey it is the internet. I don't think that is the reason they picked Chicago. It is just the generally accepted view Chicago's fashion scene is a level better than that found in Detroit overall. This certainly doesn't mean that Detroit is irrelevant, it just isn't up there with Chicago in that area. I think it is more of the wide range which Detroit gets beat in, whether or not somebody thinks subjectively who looks "more fly".
but yet its people who don't know anything about Detroit that are commenting smh

Old 10-05-2010, 01:34 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,751 times
So outside of hip hop year what is it that is the difference between detriot and chicago style

I mean I can tell the difference between LA and NY but the motor city and chicago, thats kinda a stretch to me...
I mean everytime ive been to ohio or mich the people look the same to me as they do in chicago

Old 10-05-2010, 06:47 AM

1,060 posts, read 1,557,837 times
Quote:
RT tho, what I want to know is does Chicago support local designers? especially urban wear? what are some? I'm asking because a lot of times Detroiters will support local brands like moci, al wissam, golden hanger, uneek clothing, burn rubber and a few more. Hence why I posted those particular videos.
I know that most of my wife's jewelry is from local designers, and a handful of her outfits. Not sure about the specifics because most of those boutiques have nothing for guys so I don't usually go with her.

We don't do urban wear though - she's European so that's not her style, and I have a job that requires more traditional / conservative business attire.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:10 AM

908 posts, read 1,828,613 times
I think both of these midwestern cities are pretty equal when it comes to fashion with Chaicago having a slight edge.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 AM

179 posts, read 402,372 times
is this a joke? chicago BY FAR.
this years fashion capital rankings, chicago was 37th.
detroit wasn't even nominated.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:45 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,941 times
Quote:

Boy, you have a chip the size of a dinner plate on your shoulder. I guess all the Detroit-bashing that you hear has made you this way. Back on topic, Chicago is much wealthier than Detroit and far more diverse. If nothing else Chicago has a greater quanitiy and diversity of fashion compared to Detroit.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:48 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
So outside of hip hop year what is it that is the difference between detriot and chicago style

I mean I can tell the difference between LA and NY but the motor city and chicago, thats kinda a stretch to me...
I mean everytime ive been to ohio or mich the people look the same to me as they do in chicago

The people look the same in Sacramento and Los Angeles as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City