U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which city is the capital of Black America in your opinion?
NYC Area 51 5.35%
Phil 17 1.78%
DC 93 9.75%
Atlanta 557 58.39%
Memphis 10 1.05%
New ORleans 24 2.52%
Houston 16 1.68%
Seattle 10 1.05%
Chicago 26 2.73%
Detroit 66 6.92%
Other (include in your reply) 10 1.05%
There is none. 74 7.76%
Voters: 954. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-31-2018, 04:37 PM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,426 posts, read 5,848,623 times
Reputation: 3376

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Outside of the black race Atlanta is ignored by everybody.
The black race has propelled ATLANTA to global status. You're making my argument for me as to why Atlanta is the capital of black America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-31-2018, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 786,166 times
Reputation: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
The black race has propelled ATLANTA to global status. You're making my argument for me as to why Atlanta is the capital of black America.
Lol what? I’m not arguing about Atlanta and Black capitol. I’m arguing about the myth that Atlanta is where blacks can achieve the most. Also it’s a fact that outside of black people, Atlanta is just another in the middle of America city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 05:52 PM
 
28,889 posts, read 26,208,516 times
Reputation: 17451
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Lol what? Iím not arguing about Atlanta and Black capitol. Iím arguing about the myth that Atlanta is where blacks can achieve the most. Also itís a fact that outside of black people, Atlanta is just another in the middleman of America city.
Where has anyone ever said that Black people in Atlanta are the richest Black people in America? That's nothing but a strawman on your part and the way you dismiss the preferences of a large number of Black people is just sickening. But hey, we're just Black and we don't really count right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:20 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 786,166 times
Reputation: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Where has anyone ever said that Black people in Atlanta are the richest Black people in America? That's nothing but a strawman on your part and the way you dismiss the preferences of a large number of Black people is just sickening. But hey, we're just Black and we don't really count right?
Lol what? DC and Kode had a whole argument about it a few pages back with Kode dismissing blacks with high salaries to Atlanta’s “black business owners” despite most black people in Atlanta being workers. That’s pretty much the comment that made me join this thread.

So no strawman here.

I’m trying to remember where I dismissed black people’s preferences but ok lol.

Last edited by BrooklynJo; 01-31-2018 at 06:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 06:38 PM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,426 posts, read 5,848,623 times
Reputation: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Where has anyone ever said that Black people in Atlanta are the richest Black people in America? That's nothing but a strawman on your part and the way you dismiss the preferences of a large number of Black people is just sickening. But hey, we're just Black and we don't really count right?
You spoke nothing but the truth in this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 07:20 PM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,426 posts, read 5,848,623 times
Reputation: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
Lol what? DC and Kode had a whole argument about it a few pages back with Kode dismissing blacks with high salaries to Atlanta’s “black business owners” despite most black people in Atlanta being workers. That’s pretty much the comment that made me join this thread.

I’m trying to remember where I dismissed black people’s preferences but ok lol.
Are you purposely being obtuse?

I dismissed the high salaries for blacks in DC because it isn't specific to blacks so much as it's due to the presence of the Federal Government. Basically everybody in the DC area is doing well.

Atlanta on the other hand, Atlanta has become the epicenter of black entrepreneurship, black hollywood, black music, black television, two of the top 5 HBCUs in the country (Spelman College being number 1),

Most people in general are workers.

You're being very dismissive of black people in your post, which is quite evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 786,166 times
Reputation: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Are you purposely being obtuse?

I dismissed the high salaries for blacks in DC because it isn't specific to blacks so much as it's due to the presence of the Federal Government. Basically everybody in the DC area is doing well.

Atlanta on the other hand, Atlanta has become the epicenter of black entrepreneurship, black hollywood, black music, black television, two of the top 5 HBCUs in the country (Spelman College being number 1),

Most people in general are workers.

You're being very dismissive of black people in your post, which is quite evident.


I think the obtuse one here is you since I made it clear that Atlanta is black cap for those black folks who want to engage in a black network, but as far as individual success goes I find it to be overrated.

So I sort of agree and disagree because some people on this post have quoted that Atlanta is the place to be if you want to be a successful black man and I strongly disagree.

But imma let you be because I’m noticing you’ve been debating people on this thread since 2012 but apparently those who disagree are obtuse hahah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 07:42 PM
 
Location: (six-cent-dix-sept)
4,309 posts, read 2,158,324 times
Reputation: 2621
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynJo View Post
You donít know anything about NYC lol. A good portion of Black people own homes all over Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. NYC has a big black middle class, mostly Caribbean blacks at that. To top that off those black people are sitting on real estate worth insane prices

But Iím not even taking your comment seriously lol.

P.S - NYC has the best Caribbean Black nightlife in the whole country and has plenty of black venues compared to DC/ATL And has more black venues than any place outside of DC/ATL lmao.

You probably never set foot in NYC in your life........FOH lmao
miami/boston ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 07:57 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn the best borough in NYC!
1,991 posts, read 786,166 times
Reputation: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
miami/boston ?
What about Boston? Strong Caribbean community but nightlife is known to be lacking in Boston in general.

Miami Caribbean community isn’t active in nightlife compared nyc except for the Haitians. Ironically a lot of the black folks who attend Miami carnival and play in mas come down from NYC.

NYC has the largest Black event in the nation the West Indian Day Parade which is attended by many African Americans also. Reggae/soca artist usually have their best venues in NYC.

Only city that NYC might lose to in Caribbean culture is Toronto but this thread is about America.

P.S - I’m not trying to make NYC the focus point of this thread.

Last edited by BrooklynJo; 01-31-2018 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2018, 08:18 PM
 
1,224 posts, read 668,378 times
Reputation: 294
In reality it's DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top