Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the capital of Black America in your opinion?
NYC Area 66 4.89%
Phil 25 1.85%
DC 121 8.96%
Atlanta 807 59.78%
Memphis 21 1.56%
New ORleans 33 2.44%
Houston 29 2.15%
Seattle 14 1.04%
Chicago 35 2.59%
Detroit 84 6.22%
Other (include in your reply) 14 1.04%
There is none. 101 7.48%
Voters: 1350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 11:58 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
Again, I was responding to KodeBlue. Y’all chose what y’all wanna read.
What does that have to do with anything? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 11:59 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,217,290 times
Quote:
Again, I was responding to KodeBlue. Y’all chose what y’all wanna read.
We read that you and/or your family couldn't hack it in Atlanta and you're still bitter about it for some reason. You think Houston is great for you, so good for you. Others prefer Atlanta, others prefer DC, to each their own. Stop being so childish and immature. You're well past the age to write the types of posts that you do on here.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:01 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
We read that you and/or your family couldn't hack it in Atlanta and you're still bitter about it for some reason. You think Houston is great for you, so good for you. Others prefer Atlanta, others prefer DC, to each their own. Stop being so childish and immature. You're well past the age to write the types of posts that you do on here.
That’s right! Congratulations!!!

Old 01-30-2018, 12:06 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,217,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Uh oh...
LOL, you know I don't care...

I mean, no one in here (including me, a former Atlanta resident of a decade) claimed that ATL was the only city where a black person could be successful. But it's very telling how much it bothers so many C-D posters that ATL is a city that is seen as attractive to Black Americans. Look how long this thread is. I've known plenty of Blacks who moved from Atlanta to Houston, Dallas, Charlotte, Nashville, DC, NYC, etc. and even legacy meccas such as Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and NYC and seemed to survive just fine. Hell, I'm considering a move to either DFW or Houston in the future to get away from this cold weather and these high-ass housing prices

Old 01-30-2018, 12:06 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Y'all have been reported. It's always the same two.
Really? Because we point out how you have a bias against Atlanta and Dallas at every turn. If several people can see that, what does it say. Reasons have been given for Houston not being up to par with Atlanta and DC and there is no shame in that. It doesn’t mean Houston is any lesser of a city for Black Americans.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:09 PM

Folks got butt hurt over a simple opinion. There was nothing said out of the way.

Old 01-30-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:

I mean, no one in here (including me, a former Atlanta resident of a decade) claimed that ATL was the only city where a black person could be successful. But it's very telling how much it bothers so many C-D posters that ATL is a city that is seen as attractive to Black Americans. Look how long this thread is. I've known plenty of Blacks who moved from Atlanta to Houston, Dallas, Charlotte, Nashville, DC, NYC, etc. and even legacy meccas such as Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and NYC and seemed to survive just fine. Hell, I'm considering a move to either DFW or Houston in the future to get away from this cold weather and these high-ass housing prices
Go to Dallas! Please!!

Old 01-30-2018, 12:16 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:

It really is, from Blacks and non-Blacks alike.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:41 AM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
To be honest, I don't think less racism is offered to a black man In the work place being here in Georgia, I see it every day working here and being black. That is so not true.. White's still own most and run Georgia...This is Dixie buddy. Blacks may own some business and have some government positions, very few though but that only certain districts, out side of that,,, hummm

Very good point! I wonder if Kode knows about your experiences.

Old 01-31-2018, 07:45 AM

3,559 posts, read 2,395,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Blacks move to Atlanta for the same reasons they move anywhere else. For employment and a chance for personal and family growth opportunities. The fact the city has a very large black community may be icing on the cake for some but most move here for economic reasons. Who cares or who's business is it if some prefer Atlanta due to cultural preferences.

Man, I tell you.. Some people come across so irritated and bitter by blacks attraction to Atlanta. I mean, no one talks about whites moving to predominantly white cities like Seattle or Portland because of cultural preferences or because they "want to succeed in those things in the white community".
Bitter? No you’re just talking nonsense. Like I said previously Atlanta does not have many sectors. A black man will still make the most money in tech in Silicone Valley and will still make the most money in finance in NYC/Chicago and the same goes for Federal Government jobs and DC.

You fail to realize many blacks from the south move up to these cities just to max out their success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City