Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the best city in the USA?
San Francisco(San Mateo, Marin counties) 41 40.59%
New York City(Suffolk, Nassau counties) 60 59.41%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,962,588 times

Advertisements

This dude said Yonkers is not connected to NYC.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:56 PM

290 posts, read 570,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
If high unemployment and out of control taxes are the future we are all in trouble

BTW healthcare and education are better in the NE Corrider, and Texas/NC are better examples of economic growth whie the NE has a better example today of sustained and stable economy
Yeah lets follow the Texas model. Man your a freakin idiot. Texas has been making their money off energy(oil, natural gas and so on) and the War in Iraq and Afganistan. Thats a great freakin model to follow!!!!! Making money is not everything!!!!!!
I just realized today that some of the people posting here are just plain retarted, ignorant, or just plain stupid if not a combination of the 3.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
This dude said Yonkers is not connected to NYC.
This dude right here said that Yonkers and Westchester county make up the Lower Hudson Valley counties New York.

Let me post this again. Sub regions of Metro NYC
1.NYC- Long Island
2.Conneticut
3. Northern New Jersey
4. Hudson River valley(Yonkers)

I know that Yonkers is very close to NYC but they make up the Hudson River Valley sub region of the greater NYC metro area. Heres a link my ignorant and naive friend. Welcome to the Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
Hudson Valley Tourism | Home

Serach for Lower Hudson River valley and you will see that Westchester and Yonkers are in this sub region of the NYC metro. The Hudson River Valley sub region.
I never ever said Yonkers has NOTHING to do with NYC.
I just said that if you were to break down NYC metro into 4 sub regions then Yonkers is not in the NYC region, Yonkers is in the Hudson River valley region, Pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2010, 02:04 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goonzy View Post
Yeah lets follow the Texas model. Man your a freakin idiot. Texas has been making their money off energy(oil, natural gas and so on) and the War in Iraq and Afganistan. Thats a great freakin model to follow!!!!! Making money is not everything!!!!!!
I just realized today that some of the people posting here are just plain retarted, ignorant, or just plain stupid if not a combination of the 3.

Actually I seriously beg to differ - this a free country gladly and we are entitled to our opinion but to sit behind a computer and make such assertations is pretty cowardly.

TX and NC are very business freindly beyond oil and have prospered as such.

BTW - please if you are going to call me an idiot or make such assertions do so to my face, be a man

Also here is Yonkers in the foreground since it appears you have never been to the area

Old 11-21-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Actually I seriously beg to differ - this a free country gladly and we are entitled to our opinion but to sit behind a computer and make such assertations is pretty cowardly.

BTW - please if you are going to call me an idiot or make such assertions do so to my face, be a man
Well If I ever meet you I will definetley be a "MAN" and tell you that to your face. Until then we will have to make do.
And Texas is friendly to big buisness and corperations and offer huge tax cuts to its wealthiest residents while at the same time taxing the lower income brackets by a greater percent then most other states. This is a terrible buisness model and its the reason we are in this depression. Bush brought this Texas model on the national level and look how well that turned out for us you freakin IDIOT! Your a republican arent you, probly one of those retarted A$$ tea partyers. Or I mean Tea Baggers as you originally called yourselves you out of touch with the rest of the country religious wack-O's.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:

Also here is Yonkers in the foreground since it appears you have never been to the area
Forget your picture.
I could have easily posted a picture of Oakland with SF in the backround.
But Oakland is still part of the East Bay and Yonkers is still part of the Hudson River Valley. You can not change those facts. Heres a pic.

Yonkers is in the Lower Hudson Valley.
Half of NYC is in Long Island and most residents of NYC live in Long Island(Queens and Brooklyn). What do you have to say about that?

Heres a link, why dont you check out this web site before posting your next comment.
http://www.travelhudsonvalley.org/ma...portation.html

Old 11-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Well If I ever meet you I will definetley be a "MAN" and tell you that to your face. Until then we will have to make do.
And Texas is friendly to big buisness and corperations and offer huge tax cuts to its wealthiest residents while at the same time taxing the lower income brackets by a greater percent then most other states. This is a terrible buisness model and its the reason we are in this depression. Bush brought this Texas model on the national level and look how well that turned out for us you freakin IDIOT! Your a republican arent you, probly one of those retarted A$$ tea partyers. Or I mean Tea Baggers as you originally called yourselves you out of touch with the rest of the country religious wack-O's.

You are acting childish and no I am by no means a tea Party member

I will assume you are young college/high school student that knows everything and is smarter than the rest. And Yes please do to my face. I will be in SF the first week of December...

Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times
Quote:
This post deserves a big fat WTF (Along with every single other post you have):

Texas's business climate is not AT ALL linked to its politics, only some kind of delusional chap would ever come to that conclusion. Texas's business climate is vastly attributed to it's state constitution, in which certain taxes are prohibited under the state law.

The state law has been trying to alter those same regulations in the state constitution that makes it so business friendly, but that is a failed attempt because they don't have enough support to alter the state constitution.

And for the record the state constitution of Texas has existed since the place became the 28th state to join the United States of America. It has had the same business climate on the day it was founded to today.
However that doesn't mean other taxes like property tax for example don't rise because they most surely do. But your retarded statements on which the state depends solely on Oil & Gas is such a laugh, ever heard of port shipping and cargo maintenance, tonnage, transportation, telecommunications, expanding in medical industry, and emergence in tech sector, among other things.

To put it simple, lay off the drugs man. Seriously stick to what you know and keep it that way before making these weak arguments.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Forget your picture.
I could have easily posted a picture of Oakland with SF in the backround.
But Oakland is still part of the East Bay and Yonkers is still part of the Hudson River Valley. You can not change those facts. Heres a pic.

Yonkers is in the Lower Hudson Valley.
Half of NYC is in Long Island and most residents of NYC live in Long Island(Queens and Brooklyn). What do you have to say about that?

Heres a link, why dont you check out this web site before posting your next comment.
Maps/Transportation
I know exactely where they all are and also understand how they interact. I lived in both SF and NYC - i am assuming you have not but you sure do have some fancy divisions out of text books - the real world will be a shock to you one day...

Old 11-21-2010, 02:22 PM

From now on its links and pictures for everyone. My words are not getting through too you guys, I have found myself re typing the same things over and over again. So from now on pictures and links to informitive web sites will be my tools on educating the public about the sub divisons of the metros of NYC and SF Bay Area. This is the 4th and last time I will be typing this.

This list here is the point of this THREAD!!!!!!!!
NYC Metro Tri-State Area sub divisions.
1. NYC/Long Island
2. Hudson River Valley
3.Northern New Jersey
4. Conneticut

SF Bay Area Metro sub divisions.
1. SF and Marin Peninisulas
2. East Bay
3. Santa Clara Valley
4. North Bay(wine country)

I will destroy anyone who threatens the integrity of this list!!!!!!
But I am open to making changes on this list as long as you can provide evidence with links and pictures as to why and how the list should be re-arranged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City