Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better
District of Columbia 81 80.20%
San Jose 20 19.80%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:58 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
I'm not in the majority population. There isn't one in San Jose (or California).
Well...we know what population isn't a majority.

Black people make up only 6.7% of all of California. I don't see why the 6.7% of black people left in California don't just move to the southeast, midwest, or northeast with the rest of us. We don't have race gang wars over here killing people because of their color. It's sad that this kind of stuff is going on over there in 2011.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Well...we know what population isn't a majority.

Black people make up only 6.7% of all of California. I don't see why the 6.7% of black people left in California don't just move to the southeast, midwest, or northeast with the rest of us.
They must be the smart ones.

Race wars? That's rather overblown. 90% of all homicides are intrarace, the homicide rate for blacks is 22 per 100k. Sad that sort of thing is happening in our nation's capitol in 2011.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
They must be the smart ones.

Race wars? That's rather overblown. 90% of all homicides are intrarace, the homicide rate for blacks is 22 per 100k. Sad that sort of thing is happening in our nation's capitol in 2011.
Overblown or not, I have seen the interviews from people on the news reports. It's really sad. I don't see why those people are staying there in 2011. Maybe they don't have the money yet to leave the state. Well I guess they aren't staying since the black population in California is dropping. Maybe they will all leave that state eventually.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Overblown or not, I have seen the interviews from people on the news reports. It's really sad. I don't see why those people are staying there in 2011. Maybe they don't have the money yet to leave the state. Well I guess they aren't staying since the black population in California is dropping. Maybe they will all leave that state eventually.
Because despite what you've seen on the news, L.A and its race wars are still far less violent than St. Louis, Detroit, New Orleans, Baltimore, Philadelphia, or Washington D.C.

Sorry, Bro.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Because despite what you've seen on the news, L.A and its race wars are still far less violent than St. Louis, Detroit, New Orleans, Baltimore, Philadelphia, or Washington D.C.

Sorry, Bro.
Robberies, assaults, and killings happen in every major city in the world. Racial killing do not. That is a serious problem you have over there. It's called HATE!

Old 02-16-2011, 06:22 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Default The District

I picked DC, but San Jose has its good points.

DC a great place to visit, tougher place to live. SJ nice place to live, but not to visit.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Robberies, assaults, and killings happen in every major city in the world. Racial killing do not. That is a serious problem you have over there. It's called HATE!
That's a pretty pathetic cop out. California has less crime, but because some of it is race based gang crime, that makes California cities worse than some of the vastly more violent cities in other parts of the country?

Puhlease, that's weak.

San Jose homicide rate = 3.3 per 100k. Washington D.C = 23 per 100k. Sorry, but a black person is way more safe in San Jose than they are in a city with more black people.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
That's a pretty pathetic cop out. California has less crime, but because some of it is race based gang crime, that makes California cities worse than some of the vastly more violent cities in other parts of the country?

Puhlease, that's weak.

San Jose homicide rate = 3.3 per 100k. Washington D.C = 23 per 100k. Sorry, but a black person is way more safe in San Jose than they are in a city with more black people.
That's great for San Jose. I'm sure most black people would rather move though. That's why they are doing so and probably will keep doing so in that state. Why do you care anyway? Let all the black people come over to the midwest, east coast, and southeast. They don't need to stay over there. It would only be about 2,496,000 people leaving total for the entire state. Pretty sad!

Last edited by MDAllstar; 02-16-2011 at 06:41 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM

205 posts, read 298,432 times
Only a fool would pick nondescript suburban hellhole SJ over DC

Old 02-16-2011, 07:06 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Ummm...no...anybody who has been to the NE would laugh about San Jose being in the same sentence with a NE city for anything.
Except San Jose is richer and more diverse than every single NE city. Has a climate that they will NEVER know and San Jose takes innovation to a plateau they are trying to copy.

How about them apples?

You can have your white vs. black issues because out here, its not really about either of you. THANK GAWD.

Quote:
We are talking about buildings and density. Have you seen density in china and India in their villages? Doesn't make them cities.
Ironic, since San Jose has a greater proportion of Chinese and Indians than any NE City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City