Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better
District of Columbia 81 80.20%
San Jose 20 19.80%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
Only a fool would pick nondescript suburban hellhole SJ over DC
Unless they have drive and determination to become a self-made entrepreneur in the heart of the most dynamic industry on the face of the earth, then San Jose is the only choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 07:24 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
San Jose by a long shot. Great city!

Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Tysons Corner looks like North San Jose at best. It's a place of business but not necessarily any kind of cultural node. A terrible comparison by someone without a clue, likely based on building height alone. Just look at all those hideous boulevards cutting through it.

Seriously?
i think i know what tyson's corner looks like, i've only lived in the area my whole life, thanks for the old picture though. that "boulevard" is route 7, which is basically a highway and the boulevards are built to handle heavy dc traffic currently and in the future in a fast growing area, and the fact is that tyson's corner is almost brand new and is getting ready to crap all over san jose's construction.
Transforming Tysons - a set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/fairfaxcounty/sets/72157624106285751/ - broken link)

it's not even just tyson's, it's reston, alexandria, arlington, fairfax, herndon, etc; it's a fast growing area. in the dc area, we also have a lot of buildings just randomly sprouting up from the middle of some heavily forested areas. it's like buckhead style construction going on around here and it isn't slowing down. we have better schools than california, a more educated population, more jobs, a better economy, we're the #1 place to start a business, etc

comparing san jose to dc is moronic. san jose can never and will never touch dc. how you people can sit here and call me clueless while you sit here and act like san jose is some force to be reckoned with to washington, dc is beyond funny. i thought it was funny at first, now it's stupid. friggin san jose... vs the most powerful city in the world. yeah whatever buddy. the bay area can't even top dc let alone friggin san jose. whatever, enjoy your little bankrupting welfare state.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 02-16-2011 at 08:14 PM..

Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,554 times
Quote:
comparing san jose to dc is moronic. san jose can never and will never touch dc. how you people can sit here and call me clueless while you sit here and act like san jose is some force to be reckoned with to washington, dc is beyond funny. i thought it was funny at first, now it's stupid. friggin san jose... vs washington, dc. yeah whatever buddy. the bay area can't even top dc let alone friggin san jose.
D.C is just a place where lots of over paid government employees suck away the resources of the productive parts of the country.

Oh, and the other people have a nasty habit of killing each other.

Sorry, that's just the reality of your hometown. Nothing special about it - oh, except that it's built on a swamp, that's pretty unique, most people avoid those.

I'm happy in my safe, educated, affluent, innovative, pretty part of the country. Cheers!

Old 02-16-2011, 08:19 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times
I find it odd that the Celtic Germanic pride (euphemism for "white power") guy and the dude hung up on black population haven't started fighting yet.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
D.C is just a place where lots of over paid government employees suck away the resources of the productive parts of the country.

Oh, and the other people have a nasty habit of killing each other.

Sorry, that's just the reality of your hometown. Nothing special about it - oh, except that it's built on a swamp, that's pretty unique, most people avoid those.

I'm happy in my safe, educated, affluent, innovative, pretty part of the country. Cheers!
and the bay area was built on a big @$& fault line. i'll take the "swamp" that i have yet to see and i'll deal with nova...

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Marka; 10-26-2013 at 12:21 AM..

Old 02-16-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I find it odd that the Celtic Germanic pride (euphemism for "white power") guy and the dude hung up on black population haven't started fighting yet.
having pride in your heritage is racist now? shut up dude. i don't mind black people, i mind immigrants who can't speak english.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
having pride in your heritage is racist now? shut up dude. i don't mind black people, i mind immigrants who can't speak english.
Wait, you also don't like Asians and Latinos who have "infested" America.

Nope, no hint of racism there!

Old 02-16-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Wait, you also don't like Asians and Latinos who have "infested" America.

Nope, no hint of racism there!
i don't mind asians. i don't like infestations.

and yes i don't like most hispanics. i had a costa rican friend but that was a while ago. but seeing what i go through every day, having to try to communicate with these hispanics, you can't blame me for not taking kindly to their infestation either. i'd be more than happy to accept a hispanic who can understand english, has respect in the oath they swore for citizenship, and contributes to making this country better and doesn't have 5 kids while mooching off the system. i don't want my state to turn into a welfare state, or in other words, i don't want my state to turn into california.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
i don't mind asians. i don't like infestations.

and yes i don't like hispanics. i had a costa rican friend but that was a while ago. but seeing what i go through every day, having to try to communicate with these hispanics, you can't blame me for not taking kindly to their infestation either.

But he's not racist, folks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City