Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,460 times

Advertisements

I have lived in both and would have to say OKC is better simply because it has much more to offer. Better nightlife, more stuff for the kids to do (if u have them), and having a city lake is nice. Would definately recommend living in a suburb like Edmond though and not in the city itself, just my opinion.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:51 PM

749 posts, read 1,316,252 times
I wish Oklahoma City had Tulsa's scenery. The neighborhoods in Tulsa are waaaaaay more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than Oklahoma City. Other than that I would probably pick Oklahoma City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 07:48 PM
o_4

28 posts, read 145,964 times
OKC....Its very diverse in everyway. I used to play basketball in tulsa and it was on the southern part it was nice very nice! there was alot of stores and businesses and etc. I saw only four african americans and one hispanic and alot of caucasions. Then I went to the North part of tulsa and it there was nothing there but quick trips everywhere. No Caucasions, No Asian, or few Hispanics... just African American.... and the crime there is higher....but I dont think anyone who could do anything about it cares there....It was depressing to me that the city is so divided socially and racially. It seem there is no middle class in tulsa just rich or poor. Black or White.... in OKC there are Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians in every part of town.... there are some rough spots but as soon as you look and start to think about the rough area your back in a nice area..... you can ride on the same street and see so many different areas.....23rd street has a hispanic area, asian area and black area.... The artsy area.... Oklahoma City University....the Capitol....Its better in OKC in my opinion....and I went back and they are rapidly progressing.... there city plans are amazing I've never seen another city do what there doing.... OKC will be an amazing city in years to come.... its a city of the future.... I guess I was raised in mixed environments all over the US so I quickly noticed those things about it

Old 11-03-2013, 02:35 AM

58 posts, read 111,170 times
Okc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City