Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta, Miami, or Seattle?
Atlanta, GA 32 34.78%
Miami, FL 13 14.13%
Seattle, WA 47 51.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 09:04 PM

123 posts, read 300,779 times

Advertisements

Seattle is your best bet. Atlanta has alot to offer...nice parks,great resturants,a insane nightlife and so forth. However it is a very dangerous place. Even the suburbs are dangerous. Let me put it to you this way I would feel safer walking at 3am in nyc alone then I would feel walking at 3pm downtown Atlanta with a group of friends. I am serious. I couldn't believe the amount of crime Atlanta has. I was overwhelmed. I lived there for 2yrs and couldn't leave fast enough. Whewww. Miami is a vacation spot. Visit but don't live there. LOTSSSSSSSS of crime! All major cities have crime don't get me wrong but Atlanta and Miami....forget about it! Don't do it. Seattle is nice. Yeah there is traffic(oh the traffic in ATL will make you want to pull your hair out)but the jobs are better. The views are amazing. Lots to see and do. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 09:13 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
for you? I'd go with Seattle, Miami, then ATlanta in that order from what you are trying to get away from.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:41 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times
I hate to play the race card, here we go!!

Seattle if your white:
Atlanta if your black:
Miami if your Spanish:

Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Thats fair, different strokes for different folks. I grew up in L.A and weather was fantastic then moving to NYC was a shock with winter being the way it is. Miami is nice in winter and thats normally where I like to be or in California or Texas during winter.

I can take heat better than cold, theres just a lot more work involved with winter in the NE.
I have never cared for scenery, I like a built up and dense environment and if not like cities with strong Latino culure since my wife is Latina which is why I prefer SoCal, SoFla, and TX again.
Ok fair enough. From an NE perspective Seattle is most definitely isolated but I think Seattlites like most people in the country dont ponder over other cities more so than their own.

Cities like L.A, Miami, Dallas, other CA and TX cities aren't the best reputed cities but I do enjoy what they offer more than Seattle which does once again have much to do with the cultural ties in my own family. I'm white and my wife is not, we frequent Mexico some 3 to 4 times a year and she does enjoy an atmosphere that is considerably international which Atlanta lacks and from a Latino POV as does Seattle IMO.
Finally,someone see what I am talkin bout....

Old 07-14-2011, 02:54 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
I hate to play the race card, here we go!!

Seattle if your white:
Atlanta if your black:
Miami if your Spanish:
Wow really??
Spanish, you just said Spanish is a race??
Spanish is either a language spoken or means your from Spain. So if your from Spain you should live in Miami? The term is HISPANIC

Any fyi Crime in Miami is not so bad. It really does stay in the bad parts of town which unless you live there or are a police officer you never have to go to. With what you said I think you may really like Miami. Finding the job is the problem. So go where the job is. But I think you would enjoy Miami. Most people on this site are unfairly biased against Miami. Of course it has its problems but EVERY city does. So take info about Miami with a grain of salt.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:09 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,704,020 times
Miami Is underrated, Atlanta is Somewhat underrated and sometimes Overrated, and Although Seattle is nice, i think it is an overrated city with some aspects that are underrated (Weather is a good example because everytime i've been there, its been sunny).

But I choose Miami. Major Port city,More Worldly, more culture, Sunny, Beaches, and just the fact that its in Florida!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City