Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Virginia or North Carolina?
The Old Dominion State (VA) 187 53.13%
The Tar Heel State (NC) 165 46.88%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:28 AM

644 posts, read 1,430,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia2012 View Post
LOL. One, you're from Atlanta. Why are you here?
Two, I was born in North Carolina and have spent 5 years of my adult life there so......

If you all took the time to read profiles you would see that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 11:22 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,046,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Two, I was born in North Carolina and have spent 5 years of my adult life there so......

Man, last time I checked you were around 21 or 22... What adult life???

Old 03-23-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
Man, last time I checked you were around 21 or 22... What adult life???
I really wish you would get a life..i am 29 years old. I dont know who your sources are. At any rate...I was born at Ft. Bragg lived until like 4, grew up in NYC, moved to Durham then Atl, then Charlotte and back to Atlanta. I have been told i look 21 or 22...i guess black don't crack

Old 03-23-2013, 01:24 PM

209 posts, read 461,763 times
Quote:

I was born in Atlanta, what are you trying to prove?

For you to be so anti-NC, you sure did come back and you still can't keep our name out of your mouth.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:51 PM

I wasn't proving anything....you indicated I had no reason to post on the NC board b/c I am from Atlanta which isn't true and and not so.

And I'm not anti NC...just anti people thinking Charlotte is WAY bigger and better than it is. Give it 20 years maybe..but right now....it's not!! You guys think you are so much better than Richmond or NoVa or Hampton Roads. To the average United States citizen Charlotte (which people think is in South Carolina anyway) is just as big as Richmond, Nashville, Memphis, and Cincinnati, which it is in the same class with these cities. Stop making Charlotte out to this grand ol' place and I will shut up.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:14 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
I wasn't proving anything....you indicated I had no reason to post on the NC board b/c I am from Atlanta which isn't true and and not so.

And I'm not anti NC...just anti people thinking Charlotte is WAY bigger and better than it is. Give it 20 years maybe..but right now....it's not!! You guys think you are so much better than Richmond or NoVa or Hampton Roads. To the average United States citizen Charlotte (which people think is in South Carolina anyway) is just as big as Richmond, Nashville, Memphis, and Cincinnati, which it is in the same class with these cities. Stop making Charlotte out to this grand ol' place and I will shut up.
The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Some people overhype it and others don't give it its just due. Honestly I find that it's a little more of the latter going on.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:51 PM

209 posts, read 461,763 times
[quote=ajjam;28802691]I wasn't proving anything....you indicated I had no reason to post on the NC board b/c I am from Atlanta which isn't true and and not so.

Now you're from Atlanta.

Quote:
Why don't you make a Charlotte vs. Hampton Roads or Charlotte vs. Richmond thread and see who comes out on top.

Who are you to speak for every "average" US citizen", because that's surely not true.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:26 PM

[quote=georgia2012;28804027]
Quote:

Now you're from Atlanta.

Why don't you make a Charlotte vs. Hampton Roads or Charlotte vs. Richmond thread and see who comes out on top.

Who are you to speak for every "average" US citizen", because that's surely not true.
When did I say I am from Atlanta. Are you that wrapped up that you can't read?? I said THAT'S NOT TRUE AND I AM NOT FROM ATLANTA!!! I live in Atlanta...I am not from here umm it is very true that MANY people think that Charlotte is in South Carolina that is a known FACT....you are very ignorant please don't expect any further responses from me.

Last edited by ajjam; 03-23-2013 at 05:19 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 04:49 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
When did I say I am from Atlanta. Are you that wrapped up that you can't read?? I said THAT'S NOT TRUE AND I AM NOT FROM ATLANTA!!! I live in Atlanta...I am not from here umm it is very true that most people think that Charlotte is in South Carolina that is a known FACT....you are very ignorant please don't expect any further responses from me.
How is that a known fact? Now I'll agree that many people are ignorant of geography and mistakenly put Charlotte in SC, but there's no way to even come close to quantifying that to the point where someone can say that "most people" think that with absolute certainty. Just say "many."

Last edited by Mutiny77; 03-23-2013 at 05:37 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 05:18 PM

*edited
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City