Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 01:45 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Oh please if you guys were top in media and were getting awards show tv shows etc we wouldnt stop hereing about it.. I been in Atlanta 7 years on the same job and have no problem being here regardless where Atlanta stands economically.. Even if I lost my job just because Houston is weathered the recession better I still wouldnt move there. Thanks!!! Id rather stay here or somewhere on the East Coast.. And since I work in the entertainment industry Id rather stay where that presence is stronger so Ill go with the TV show..
You can huff and puff all you like, Just saying we are doing quite well without Tyler Perry and wish I could say the same for y'all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 01:52 PM

801 posts, read 1,513,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Did you not read the first post and click the link??
Jacksonville ranked in the high 100's makes sense to me.
Lol. I didn't click on it. I'm happy that the US has so many cities on the list but that's so many cities! But I am glad Jacksonville is the next city to become a world city in the US.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:59 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
You can huff and puff all you like, Just saying we are doing quite well without Tyler Perry and wish I could say the same for y'all.

No huffing and puffing here just being sarcastic like you love to be . Houston could use a little media exposure maybe people will know whats going on in Houston instead of Having to google it... And Again I still wouldnt move to Houston healthy economy or not. Got it ? Good.. Now run along Susie and continue to debate why Houston didnt move up in rankings Since you seem to be so pressed about it

Old 09-21-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Not saying anything about overall comparisons, but Atlanta is a major railway hub while Miami has a people mover downtown as well as a fairly extensive commuter rail system (one line, but the Miami metropolitan area is a long and narrow one sandwiched between the Everglades and the Atlantic).
So Is Houston.

USA Rail Map, US Rail

Next!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
And Again I still wouldnt move to Houston
no one cares where you would move to. Sorry but I don't follow you on twitter.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:29 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
So Is Houston.

USA Rail Map, US Rail

Next!!!

I think all these cities have fairly extensive rail networks, all on the shores have sizable ports. All have decent sized airports. They are pretty large areas. Hell I think PHL actually does nearly the same cargo volume as does ATL.

End of the day i think it silly to suggest any of these cities are dramatically different in these rankings - specific criteria likely help some and hinder others

Old 09-21-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
So Is Houston.

USA Rail Map, US Rail

Next!!!

You dont follow me on Twitter because im not on Twitter. But I see your following me on here so evidentally you do care, or else you wouldnt keep responding . I dont care about your economy in Houston.

Last edited by MikeandIke27; 09-21-2011 at 02:52 PM..

Old 09-21-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
specific criteria likely help some and hinder others
And that is what everyone is wondering? how they figured those out.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toredyvik View Post
call me biased...but I just don't see the southern cities as comparing to the northern ones. Maybe its their lack of public transit infrastructure. I love mass transit.

I know Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, and Atlanta are great cities, and deserve to be high on the list...
but in all honesty, it will take a lot for me to be convinced that they are ever on the levels of Boston, Philly, DC, and San Fran....let alone Chicago and NYC.

In my opinion, even cities like Seattle and Minneapolis should be higher ranked than some of those Southern ones.
Me personally, I don't how in the world, LA WOULDN'T be on the same level as Boston, Philly, and SF(if not higher). No offense to people from those cities, but what merits Boston and Philly being ranked higher than LA? Public transit can't be the only reason?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Not saying anything about overall comparisons, but Atlanta is a major railway hub while Miami has a people mover downtown as well as a fairly extensive commuter rail system (one line, but the Miami metropolitan area is a long and narrow one sandwiched between the Everglades and the Atlantic).
Indeed. Miami has the metro rail(which is county-wide rail service) the people-mover(which is Downtown rail service) and the tri-rail(which is metro area-wide commuter-rail service).

Old 09-21-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Me personally, I don't how in the world, LA WOULDN'T be on the same level as Boston, Philly, and SF(if not higher). No offense to people from those cities, but what merits Boston and Philly being ranked higher than LA? Public transit can't be the only reason?

You know urbaninity and public transit makes any city win
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City