Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 03:48 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
well without looking too hard (am sure there are many more)
And that was after you and many others had already offended my city. Yes, I'm going to come back at you. You know exactly what I mean. I'm talking about unprovoked attacks like you do. You won't find any. I'm definitely going to hit you back if you hit me first. But I don't start trouble like you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
ok
And then, you highlight "Age of single family homes is over in D.C." which it is. Multi-Family Homes and Row Homes will outnumber single family homes by a wide margin in the D.C. area. That doesn't mean there won't be any single family homes built. Did you really comprehend that as saying there will never be a single family home built in the D.C. area again. You can't be serious!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:52 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,910,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
And that was after you and many others had already offended my city. Yes, I'm going to come back at you. You know exactly what I mean. I'm talking about unprovoked attacks like you do. You won't find any. I'm definitely going to hit you back if you hit me first. But I don't start trouble like you do.

Again because i made a comment that an extended DT is not unique to DC it is somehow a personal attack. That is very relevant to the specific topic based on all i can tell and was the direct point of the Business district post on DC and your discussing th contruct (I said this aspect is not unique) If that is a personal attack then again i find someone sensitive (But then agan that is my subjective observation and you are free to disagree)

Then I provided examples and you discussed and I rebutted. Ok continue to believe whatever you like

Old 11-29-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
And then, you highlight "Age of single family homes is over in D.C." which it is. Multi-Family Homes and Row Homes will outnumber single family homes by a wide margin in the D.C. area. That doesn't mean there won't be any single family homes built. Did you really comprehend that as saying there will never be a single family home built in the D.C. area again. You can't be serious!
well again we will see what the future holds, looks good in many of the TOD areas not sure on the others. Demand will drive where pepole live and factors like cost and commuter time (just as the article states) I agree with the link, we just both apparently came away with different take-aways from the article.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Again because i made a comment that an extended DT is not unique to DC it is somehow a personal attack. That is very relevant to the specific topic based on all i can tell and was the direct point of the Business district post on DC and your discussing th contruct (I said this aspect is not unique) If that is a personal attack then again i find someone sensitive (But then agan that is my subjective observation and you are free to disagree)

Then I provided examples and you discussed and I rebutted. Ok continue to believe whatever you like
NO!!! That is not what I'm talking about. This is what you said that I am speaking about.

Quote:
Also DC still has far more single family detached housing than many other more urban cities.
So why did you make this comment? It's comments like these out of the blue that come across wrong! What does D.C. even have to do with other cities?

Old 11-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
well again we will see what the future holds, looks good in many of the TOD areas not sure on the others. Demand will drive where pepole live and factors like cost and commuter time (just as the article states) I agree with the link, we just both apparently came away with different take-aways from the article.
And you would be wrong again. POLICY will control where growth is. D.C. is controlling growth by LAWS! The Metropolitan Council of Governments is funneling growth. You don't live here and you don't know what you are talking about. Montgomery County has less than 4% of build able land left in the county. The rest of the land is the agricultural reserve. Other than that 4%, everything else has to be infill now. D.C., Arlington, and Alexandria are self explanatory. Fairfax is developing around Reston, Tyson's Corner, and Dulles and most of the development is infill Mult-Family. The only place that can really still build single family homes in large amounts is the far out exurbs of Loudon County, Prince William County, and Frederick County. Nobody is buying houses out there much anymore and people are trying to move closer in now. They are actually struggling because housing is not moving out there dropping housing prices unlike the inner ring suburbs. Traffic and low intensity development has hurt and probably ended the suburban reign in this area. Jobs are along Metro lines unlike many other cities. That is where people want to live.

The Metro expects daily ridership to top 1,500,000 people a day in the future which will carry our region into the next generation. Metro is the answer to metropolitan travel and commuter rail would never grow our region in the urban scale possible by Metro.

Last edited by MDAllstar; 11-29-2011 at 04:15 PM..

Old 11-29-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
NO!!! That is not what I'm talking about. This is what you said that I am speaking about.

So why did you make this comment? It's comments like these out of the blue that come across wrong! What does D.C. even have to do with other cities?

Well you quote without the context of the remainder of the post, fine go ahead, still stand by the points

On your first point, umm yeah that is precisely the context. i provided the qoutes but it is all there

On the zoning and municipalities, will see how it all comes to fuition, again myoriginal point (also part of the point that i believe does a better job in zoning and development than nearly all other places)

But again believe what you may...

Old 11-29-2011, 04:24 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,255,733 times
Quote:
Do you realize how many times you posted the same opinion? Did you think we forgot?
Pot: Meet Kettle.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Well you quote without the context of the remainder of the post, fine go ahead, still stand by the points

On your first point, umm yeah that is precisely the context. i provided the qoutes but it is all there

On the zoning and municipalities, will see how it all comes to fuition, again my original point (also part of the point that i believe does a better job in zoning and development than nearly all other places)

But again believe what you may...
There is no way to spin that. You know as well as I what you meant when you made that statement. It was you making sure everyone knew how you felt about D.C. and how it is not as urban as Philly and Boston and NYC etc. etc. etc. That is why you keep pointing out the few single family homes being built which doesn't even come close to the Multi-Family house construction. Who is buying houses right now anyway? This is the time of the "Renter"! That is our reality. You can wish all you want, D.C. "WILL" have miles of highrise dense development along all 123 miles of it's metro lines in the future. When is not important, but it's going to happen so get used to it!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Pot: Meet Kettle.
????????

I posted my opinion about another city in a discussion that had nothing to do with the city I reside in Washington D.C.? Where?

Good luck finding that. Unless I see something about D.C., I don't join in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City