Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
Denver 194 69.04%
Charlotte 87 30.96%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:16 AM

126 posts, read 296,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
I find Denver's downtown more appealing because it's so vibrant - not only because of shopping, but there are more downtown residents, more foot traffic, just more going on.
But yet... so is Charlotte's?

Quote:
You really think Charlotte Douglas is on par with DIA?
Obviously. For Denver to be so much larger than Charlotte, it's airport should be too.

Quote:
Yes it is.
Not at all. Literally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 11:26 AM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinagrown View Post
But yet... so is Charlotte's?
No, it's not, especially when discussing mid - major cities.

Quote:
Obviously. For Denver to be so much larger than Charlotte, it's airport should be too.
Great logic.

Quote:
Not at all. Literally.
It is. Literally. Denver's downtown has over 10 million more square feet of office space than uptown Charlotte. This doesn't include government-occupied buildings.

Last edited by BlackOut; 08-03-2012 at 11:49 AM..

Old 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,708,082 times
I would say Denver just because I feel it has more to offer.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:38 PM

704 posts, read 1,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
I would say Denver just because I feel it has more to offer.

Like what, exactly? I've noticed that a lot on this thread, but I can't figure out what Denver has (besides mountains) that Charlotte does not. In fact, though I've never been to Charlotte, it would seem to me that they are two of the more similar cities in America.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:07 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
For starters, Denver has far more pro sports options. A bigger and better cultural offering. A much larger transit system. More flight options from our airport. Slightly more concert options. Slightly more recreational options. Shall we go on?

Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
For starters, Denver has far more pro sports options. A bigger and better cultural offering. A much larger transit system. More flight options from our airport. Slightly more concert options. Slightly more recreational options. Shall we go on?
A good thing about Charlotte is that it has a much more humble and less pretentious population. No smug subaru army in Charlotte.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:14 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,804,815 times
Charlotte reeks!!!!!....Lets just call it what it is .....A conservative, non-progressive city, not big on diversity that lacks a quality of life for older singles. Charlotte does however have affordable housing though.It's definitely a "married" town for sure. So-called nightlife sucks too...And theres just not enough "GOOD" jobs to keep up with the amount of people that moved here. Sorry but $10 an hr is not going to cut it in today's economy.Charlotte is a very fickle city. Very "clickish" to some degree. I mean if you are married, settled, content, then Charlotte is definitely suited for you. But if you are single, looking for cultural things to do that involve different diverse genres then CLT.is not the place for you.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:02 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
A good thing about Charlotte is that it has a much more humble and less pretentious population. No smug subaru army in Charlotte.
Denver is much more similar in culture to Chicago than Charlotte though.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:06 PM

How does pro sports have anything to do with this? & Denver does NOT have "slightly more concert options", Charlotte wins that no doubt. Denver has mountains/hiking. Charlotte has the mountains, beaches and climate.

if you are single, looking for cultural things to do that involve different diverse genres then CLT.is not the place for you. Then neither is Denver.

Charlotte and Denver are very similar cities, so I don't understand why this thread was even made.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:09 PM

Charlotte has more concerts than Denver and that's a proven fact.
Denver does not have more recreational activities either.

"if you are single, looking for cultural things to do that involve different diverse genres then CLT.is not the place for you." Then neither is Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City