Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Los Angeles vs. San Francisco
Los Angeles 132 38.26%
San Francisco 213 61.74%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:46 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,428 times

Advertisements

Why can't you just stop mumbling to yourself and instead start writing something that makes more sense, milquetoast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
You guys have been at this all day! Do you have jobs, or are you posting from your cubicles? Please don't hate Steve-O, he's just doing his job. So is FutureCop! Maybe not Future... San Francisco and Los Angeles aren't comparible. Chicago and L. A. aren't either. You're all just jealous of L. A.'s accomplished greatness and expansive success on the world stage! Chicago's a great midwestern capital, but like I stated before, people hit those hub airports and jet out faster than a prune shake at Taco Bell! L. A. area airports are not transfer hubs. L. A. is the destination. People move to Los Angeles because they want to live in a big, world class city with great weather and myriad possibility. There's really no more room for growth in the Bay area without seriously changing the character of the place for the negative. L. A. has blown past that already and is striving for a more dense environment. This is like oranges and - what do San Franciscans like to eat? I dunno.. anyway, I'm sure we all had fun.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:57 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,056,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
There is no way you can compare SF night life to LA's. I really like SF but last time I was there on a SATURDAY everything was close and it was 9pm. I couldnt believe it. Comparing SF nightlife to LA is like comparing Bostons nightlife to New York city. Look at how BIG Los Angeles is and compare it to the small couple miles that SF is. Who ever compares it obviously doesnt know what night life is.

(Im not bashing SF. I really like it and Im planning to take a trip over there soon but Im just being honest)
Agree - that is why I didn't compare the two; just said that LA's wasn't to my liking, and that [in a different sentence ] said that I very much enjoyed SF's area, food, people, culture, and nightlife. Yes, LA is bigger, faster, and more - as is NYC's; but I'm also one that loves Boston too, and would take it over NYC. I prefer that style/size of place - the LA & NYC while great and big, are just not my style.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:58 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
I came here because little futurecop was trying to be a smartass by comparing cities trying to prove something to Donjuan. Then you came along like always right by little futurecop's side and started bashing again.
STARTED BASHING Chicago?? when have I ever posted a thread to intentionally bash Chicago?? its a waste of my time!!!!!
First off, I chose SF, I didnt bash LA, what part of that dont you understand???? Take a nice little stroll to the first page and read my response. I said SF, IMO (<--- key words!!!!!), is a better city than LA. So what? Do you really care that much? Secondly, it was donjuan that bashed Chicago immediately following my post. THATS when I started bashing LA. Thirdly, I never said that YOU bashed Chicago, I said the "little LA goons" did. Capeesh? Good frickin night.

Last edited by Steve-o; 09-20-2007 at 09:33 AM..

Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
First off, I chose SF, I didnt bash LA, what part of that dont you understand???? Take a nice little stroll to the first page and read my response. I said SF, IMO (<--- key words!!!!!), is a better city than LA. So what? Do you really care that much? Secondly, it was donjuannabrain that bashed Chicago immediately following my post. THATS when I started bashing LA. Thirdly, I never said that YOU bashed Chicago, I said the "little LA goons" did. Capeesh? Good frickin night.
Hey ya Steve-o,,, ummmm,,, I don't think its quite night time yet, as, well,,, my clock indicates its still about not quite noon?

Old 09-20-2007, 09:34 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Hey ya Steve-o,,, ummmm,,, I don't think its quite night time yet, as, well,,, my clock indicates its still about not quite noon?

Its an expression. Never heard it before?

Old 09-20-2007, 09:34 AM

374 posts, read 1,852,181 times
Quote:
There is no way you can compare SF night life to LA's. I really like SF but last time I was there on a SATURDAY everything was close and it was 9pm. I couldnt believe it. Comparing SF nightlife to LA is like comparing Bostons nightlife to New York city. Look at how BIG Los Angeles is and compare it to the small couple miles that SF is. Who ever compares it obviously doesnt know what night life is.

(Im not bashing SF. I really like it and Im planning to take a trip over there soon but Im just being honest)
Everything was closed at 9PM on a Saturday here? Are you mad? Are you talking shops? That's a possibility, but bars and restaurants stay open far past 9PM. I love when people make crazy off-the-wall statements like that.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 AM

Quote:
What?
Most of the people who bash other cities from what Ive seen are from Chicago. Not many from NYC, LA, MIA, ATL, SF, etc.
Us bashers are from every where Not just Chicago

Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times
Want to talk about L.A. and Chicago? That's why I put up a Chicago or Los Angeles poll thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
I know most people there, wouldn't be there if they could live any where they want, including the town called Chicago.
Did anyone notice that Chicago attracts small-towners who want to "make it" from various states in the Midwest? That's why it's the only major city in the Midwest and one of the largest in North America.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Im not saying that SF isnt great, Im just saying that LA has more of an image in the world than San Francisco.
That is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! I have been all over the world...well all over Europe. Europeans are fascinated when I mention I'm from San Francisco. They say "wow" and ask tons of questions! No one ever asks anything about LA. You are gravely mistaken - LA's world image is STRICTLY limited to Hollywood. If LA didn't have Hollywood, it would be nothing.

And, I hear languages from all over the world here too. And, there are flocks of tourists on the Golden Gate Bridge (and on both sides), there are flocks of tourists in Pac Heights, I see them in the Castro.

More people may come to LA, but SF is one of the most beloved cities in the U.S. LA is certainly NOT!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 AM

Talking Just like the Blackhawks - a joke!!! The Blues, now that is a real hockey team!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Its an expression. Never heard it before?
Its humour. Never smile much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City