Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the better nightlife?
Chicago 109 81.95%
Philadelphia 24 18.05%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 12:18 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeo08 View Post
Chicago's nightlife is boring compared to Philly. Simple as that.

this is the anti durf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 AM

287 posts, read 340,683 times
no I'm not. I'm just sticking it to those who put down Philly (honestly I do believe Philly is the absolute best).

Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,689,925 times
^^ There is a difference in feeling that Philadelphia is best for you personally, and generally thinking Philadelphia is the best city. For me, I know that NYC, Chicago and LA are better cities, and San Francisco, Boston and DC do some things better than Philadelphia, but personally, for me, Philadelphia is my favorite city in this country, and second favorite city in the world after London.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:18 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
This is actually pretty apparent. The amount of false stuff being said is apparent if you're familiar with all areas, which is what I was saying before. Has nothing to do with what city I think is better than the other (does it even matter). As long as you have sound facts to back up your opinion, then who cares? I get offended when someone uses things as fact, then someone who knows better corrects them and can't even get through. The amount of arm chair experts on this site sometimes it's insane.
When I say "Chicago doesn't have any of that," I'm not talking about promotional parties thrown by Hennessy with free shots and hot wings all night. Or even a one-off party thrown by Macy's. I'm talking about a network of fashion and entertainment industry professionals that host events in Chicago, which then adds up to a "scene." And apparently, there is no "scene" in Chicago, as anyone with any remote interest in fashion would be able to tell you.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...-fashion-scene

Quote:
“I feel like everyone flocks to New York and it's kind of disappointing that they don't stay and try to invest their talent in Chicago and see what can happen here,” says Kylee Alexander, a senior fashion design student at SAIC who wants to launch an apparel line in Chicago.
Quote:
“I think there's got to be a need from the public,” Ms. Sinon says. The Midwest “is kind of a sweats and flip-flops society. Until the mainstream keys in, Chicago's fashion scene is not going to be created.”
I'm talking about a "scene," man (summoning the spirit of Allen Iverson). These are people in the business of fashion, not just into fashion. But again, what type of fashion "scene" exists in Chicago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
Of course for studs like Bajan who don't show up in public with less than two supermodels on their arms (ala Bruce Wayne), it may be a different story.
I can't say I know any supermodels, but I do meet a lot of models. They just aren't famous (yet). Cary Foulkes is an example of someone you might meet at any regular event (or someone in her position two years ago before she landed a national ad). That's why girls move to New York.

Last edited by BajanYankee; 02-22-2013 at 07:28 AM..

Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM

519 posts, read 1,023,304 times
BajanYankee, while I won't infringe on your oft-exercised freedom to derail every other thread in this subforum into a discussion about New York, I gave birth to this fat lil baby and would love if it could stay somewhere that resembles "on topic".

Old 02-22-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
BajanYankee, while I won't infringe on your oft-exercised freedom to derail every other thread in this subforum into a discussion about New York, I gave birth to this fat lil baby and would love if it could stay somewhere that resembles "on topic".
Why are there so many posters who have like 90 posts and joined C-D in Dec. 2012 that make comments like, "Bajan, you've always been a problem on this site!"? How would you know unless you're some reincarnation of some banned poster?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM

519 posts, read 1,023,304 times
Don't know. Does that happen? I haven't mentioned anyone "always" being a problem, I just noticed you've been jamming NYC talking points into unrelated threads since, say, Dec. 2012.

But if I'm wrong and simply missing how the NYC fashion industry relates to a Chicago v. Philly night life discussion, you have the green light to enlighten this green poster.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:45 AM

725 posts, read 1,210,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGeo08 View Post
no I'm not. I'm just sticking it to those who put down Philly (honestly I do believe Philly is the absolute best).
I agree. Philly is amazing! Its the hidden gem of this country. A city that keeps going when no one knows about it. It produces the same GDP, restaurants, and attractions of all the top cities, but gets no respect. Its the most historic us city in America, but people say Boston because they are blinded. So while Philly is in the background rebuilding and becoming the best. People will get a rude awakening. Because the renaissance is going on NOW! This city is going to reclaim its thrown really quick. And not in numbers, but in quality...

Old 02-22-2013, 07:49 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times
As a complete outsider that's never been to either city. If you asked me whether I wanted to go party for a night in either city and money was not an obstacle, I would have to say Chicago. The aesthetic of the city just strikes me as so much more festive.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerner View Post
Don't know. Does that happen?
Yep. How many posters open an account and dive straight into the CvC forum? Hi durf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City