Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York City vs San Francisco
New York 310 56.36%
San Francisco 240 43.64%
Voters: 550. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 07:59 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,151,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Except no one would mistake San Francisco as a place that gets uncomfortably humid.
Yeah it's just uncomfortably freezing. It's ok if you're fat, old, and out of shape. And you want to cover up to hide it. I like to live my life without a jacket.

Still outside btw, enjoying this August night in supposedly uncomfortable Miami. Surrounded by people at this restaurant who seem to prefer sitting outside than inside. And I bet you're inside, and when you go outside grab a jacket. Just no. Fine for a short business visit, that's it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 08:08 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hahaha the difference is, our "humidity" is cold, ocean air, and New York's is nasty, hot steam.

Keep it. I would just DIE.
50% humidity is not "humid" and humid, cold ocean air is not pleasant.

If you would die in NY humidity, how did you survive living in Sao Paulo?

Old 08-06-2015, 08:08 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
Yeah it's just uncomfortably freezing. It's ok if you're fat, old, and out of shape. And you want to cover up to hide it. I like to live my life without a jacket.
Fat, old and out of shape is Miami's specialty, no?

The Bay Area is generally much more physically fit.

Quote:
Still outside btw, enjoying this August night in supposedly uncomfortable Miami. Surrounded by people at this restaurant who seem to prefer sitting outside than inside. And I bet you're inside, and when you go outside grab a jacket. Just no. Fine for a short business visit, that's it.
If Miami had a tech industry to speak of, I might actually have a reason to go there. But since it doesnt, I'll stick to more tech oriented cities like Boise and Des Moines.

lol

Old 08-06-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
50% humidity is not "humid."

If you would die in NY humidity, how did you survive living in Sao Paulo?
Darling I died there too, but here I dont have to make that kind of sacrifice.

Capisce?

Old 08-06-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
If Miami had a tech industry to speak of, I might actually have a reason to go there. But since it doesnt, I'll stick to more tech oriented cities like Boise and Des Moines.

lol
lol, for me I live where I want. My clients are from San Francisco, and secondary NYC, but I live in Miami and travel occasionally. This is life Monty when you don't have bosses. One of my friends, and co-owner of a successful company based out of San Francisco (he is from the Bay) does what I do. He lives in Naples, Fl now but for awhile lived in Rio de Janeiro, everyone who can leaves that area. It's just boring. Lifeless.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-07-2015 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: flaming

Old 08-06-2015, 08:18 PM

Though I have to add that Naples is maybe worse, more boring than even San Francisco. But he's there for a girl, and will probably move to Barcelona soon anyway.

Ah well, still outside btw Monty. Could be out here all night.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:19 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,321 times
Quote:
Darling I died there too, but here I dont have to make that kind of sacrifice.

Capisce?
Yup, in the winter you're freezing. Then in the summer you're still freezing.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
I don't know what reality you live in, but there are few locales with the amount of physically fit people as Miami Beach. And the bay area is far far far from us in terms of physically fit. I know, when I'm in your city it takes me awhile to get used to all the ugly people.
Hahaha no sugar, the combination of fat+old+out of shape is definitely faaaaar more associated with Miami than SF.

It isnt even a question.

Dont feel bad.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:26 PM

337 posts, read 405,775 times
There is no humidity as people usually experience it whatsoever in California. I moved here from the east coast and have never sweated here at all . Zero, zilch, nada.

You are seriously deluding yourself if you think it ever gets humid here like in the east coast.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Hahaha no sugar, the combination of fat+old+out of shape is definitely faaaaar more associated with Miami than SF.

It isnt even a question.

Dont feel bad.
When's the last time you hear anyone gush about people from San Francisco/Bay being good looking?

Honestly, your entire city is generally hard on the eyes coming from Miami Beach.

Quote:
Miami is known for its hot nights, sexy beaches, and steamy nightclubs — and now it's also known for having the most attractive people in the U.S.

Read more: America's Most Attractive Cities - Business Insider
America's Most Attractive Cities - Business Insider

Find me an article saying that about the Bay, and I'll buy you a ticket somewhere nice my poor friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City