Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York City vs San Francisco
New York 310 56.36%
San Francisco 240 43.64%
Voters: 550. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 08:28 PM

337 posts, read 405,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hahaha no sugar, the combination of fat+old+out of shape is definitely faaaaar more associated with Miami than SF.

It isnt even a question.

Dont feel bad.
He is right about the women in SF; they are ugly compared to the beauties in Miami. No green jackets, hair in a bun, tattoos, nose rings, crappy clothes etc. SF is really 49er territory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 08:28 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
Yup, in the winter you're freezing. Then in the summer you're still freezing.
Yawns. If this makes you feel better, Im glad.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
When's the last time you hear anyone gush about people from San Francisco/Bay being good looking?

Honestly, your entire city is generally hard on the eyes coming from Miami Beach.

America's Most Attractive Cities - Business Insider

Find me an article saying that about the Bay, and I'll buy you a ticket somewhere nice my poor friend.
Yup you are right. Miami has far more attractive women, it's not even close.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:32 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
There is no humidity as people usually experience it whatsoever in California. I moved here from the east coast and have never sweated here at all . Zero, zilch, nada.

You are seriously deluding yourself if you think it ever gets humid here like in the east coast.
Of course. Unless you're running a marathon, if you sweat somewhere as cold as SF you should see a doctor.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPMiami View Post
When's the last time you hear anyone gush about people from San Francisco/Bay being good looking?

Honestly, your entire city is generally hard on the eyes coming from Miami Beach.

America's Most Attractive Cities - Business Insider

Find me an article saying that about the Bay, and I'll buy you a ticket somewhere nice my poor friend.
This is totally irrelevant.

You said "FAT+OLD+OUT OF SHAPE"

Miami, being New York's retirement home and cemetery is full of fat, out of shape, old people. Like everywhere.

No need to be sooo defensive, or as you put it, "salty".

San Francisco seems far more health conscious as well.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
This is totally irrelevant.

You said "FAT+OLD+OUT OF SHAPE"

Miami, being New York's retirement home and cemetery is full of fat, out of shape, old people. Like everywhere.

No need to be sooo defensive, or as you put it, "salty".

San Francisco seems far more health conscious as well.
Sorry but he is right. Been to Miami several times and the women there are smoking. Plus they are walking all over in bikinis and the beaches there are amazing. So yeah it's better in some respects.

Plus I don't think you have to pay $4000 for a 1br in a nice part of Miami.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:41 PM

Oh look..

America's Fittest Cities
4 San Francisco
30 Miami

The 15 fittest cities in America - CBS News

Hahaha exactly as I said.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:51 PM

San Francisco has the lowest obesity rate of any large metro area in the US. Miami is fatter than SF.

The List: The Most Obese Cities | US Obesity Rate & Skinniest Cities

Old 08-06-2015, 08:54 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,151,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post

Plus I don't think you have to pay $4000 for a 1br in a nice part of Miami.
In Miami, the average across the board for a 1bdroom is I think 2,000USD. That includes ghettoes which is pretty much all of Miami west of the 95. Nice parts of Miami are about 2,500USD for a 1bdroom I'd estimate. Some areas are around 4,000USD but those are few and far between. San Francisco is more expensive, by about 33% on rent. However salaries in Miami are supposedly 50% of those in San Francisco, so rent as a percentage of income is higher in Miami. Again all of this I read somewhere and may remember wrong, I don't rent, I buy. I own a house in Miami Beach and a condo in Sunny Isles.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:56 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,151,925 times
Quote:
San Francisco has the lowest obesity rate of any large metro area in the US. Miami is fatter than SF.

The List: The Most Obese Cities | US Obesity Rate & Skinniest Cities
I don't know what to tell you, you're still far uglier. We might have less asians, more retirees, and more roided out meatheads to skew those BMIs but anyone with eyes can tell you, people in Miami look far better than people in San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City