Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York City vs San Francisco
New York 310 56.36%
San Francisco 240 43.64%
Voters: 550. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 12:09 PM

32,113 posts, read 34,739,914 times

Advertisements

So can we move this discussion in a more productive direction...like which city has the best music videos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 12:15 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,180,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
So can we move this discussion in a more productive direction...like which city has the best music videos?
Lol, San Francisco loses that, too. Jay Z/Biggie > E-40/Mac Dre. "But waaait, proportionally speaking, SF is soooo much better"...lol

Old 12-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Lol, San Francisco loses that, too. Jay Z/Biggie > E-40/Mac Dre. "But waaait, proportionally speaking, SF is soooo much better"...lol
Anything is better than talking about billionaire density, the dimes Larry Ellison takes to bed each night, ugly sweater holiday parties at the Zuckerberg mansion, etc. How about parcheesi? Does either city host an international parcheesi tournament?

Old 12-03-2014, 12:21 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,473,343 times
SF people are cool but they were too whiny and overly liberal.. and the reason you have to many homeless is because we don't address the mental illness problems in Americans.. and Americans are too liberal.. its too cruel to lock up the homeless and people wonder why they get exploited and beat up by street thugs. SF was way too socially liberal for me.. I think we should help the downtrodden but it people at some time have to take responsibility for their own personal actions and not blame the govt, or their parents or their boss for all their problems. Grow up Americans. Take some responsibility for your own actions, stop passing the buck.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
That's not name calling. That's pointing out how you come across.

You mean, in sum, New York has a greater sum of wealth? Yes.

Because that's tells the true nature of how regular people live.

In that context, NYC at ANY LEVEL, BE IT CITY, COUNTY, URBAN AREA, METRO AREA OR COMBINED STATISTICAL AREA, IS MIDDLE CLASS AND WORKING CLASS, WHILE SF IS AFFLUENT BY COMPARISON.

New York should actually have MORE wealth to be on the Bay Area's level.

And you say that 1.7 million people are a convenience? haha I guess you would rather there were killed off?

SF is more impressive than NY by far. New York needs 200 billionaires to be on SFs level.

haha no Im only casually interested whereas you seem to be off the deep end.
That's name calling. Just as if I were to say you come across as deluded and pathetic.

Yes, New York has a greater sum of wealth. FINALLY you admit it.

I've already pointed out at the county level, there are several counties that supersede anything in the Bay (New York County included). Keep ignoring those stats.

Never said 1.7 million people were an inconvenience--you're the one obsessed with wealth. Which NYC has more of (should I bust out the GDP stats?).

Lmao. SF needs about 80 more billionaires to break even with NYC. Keep spouting off.

Casually interested? Ah, subtly backing out of a debate that isn't going your way. I'll pretend like I haven't caught on to your tricks. And again, name calling--the last resort of losers. Lol at not interested, like you haven't searched for and posted detailed facts--no need to be embarassed. Again, I see your tactics. Not fooling anyone, pal.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:30 PM

7,740 posts, read 5,521,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
SF people are cool but they were too whiny and overly liberal.. and the reason you have to many homeless is because we don't address the mental illness problems in Americans.. and Americans are too liberal.. its too cruel to lock up the homeless and people wonder why they get exploited and beat up by street thugs. SF was way too socially liberal for me.. I think we should help the downtrodden but it people at some time have to take responsibility for their own personal actions and not blame the govt, or their parents or their boss for all their problems. Grow up Americans. Take some responsibility for your own actions, stop passing the buck.
These type of delusional generalizations are why most of Northerner's don't care for the thick headed fools of the south. Both cities are the urban beacons of the liberal world in the US. You say we neglect the mentally ill and than say people should be responsible for their own actions. Maybe you should check out which states have the lowest quality of living and get back to us. I am sure helping the mentally handicapped is high on Mitch McConnell's propriety list

There is an easy explanation for why there are so many homeless in these places: $$$$$$$ why would you panhandle in Mississippi if you could in front of the Empire State building or The Capital Building.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
These type of delusional generalizations are why most of Northerner's don't care for the thick headed fools of the south. Both cities are the urban beacons of the liberal world in the US. You say we neglect the mentally ill and than say people should be responsible for their own actions. Maybe you should check out which states have the lowest quality of living and get back to us. I am sure helping the mentally handicapped is high on Mitch McConnell's propriety list

There is an easy explanation for why there are so many homeless in these places: $$$$$$$ why would you panhandle in Mississippi if you could in front of the Empire State building or The Capital Building.
I am from the Northeast originally d bag. Nice try your not fooling anymore. Sorry if you can't handle the truth pal.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:35 PM

Here are some cool things about NYC. Here's Rafael Nadal casually strolling the streets with his girlfriend, Maria Francesca Parello. We were lucky enough to see Novak Djokovic having dinner with his fiancee when the U.S. Open was in town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gma5pBUsEwM

Old 12-03-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Here are some cool things about NYC. Here's Rafael Nadal casually strolling the streets with his girlfriend, Maria Francesca Parello. We were lucky enough to see Novak Djokovic having dinner with his fiancee when the U.S. Open was in town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gma5pBUsEwM

NYC>>>>>> SF in every aspect of life. Only thing SF has on NYC is better winter weather and better scenery.. SF has gorgeous mountain views and scenery.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Anything is better than talking about billionaire density, the dimes Larry Ellison takes to bed each night, ugly sweater holiday parties at the Zuckerberg mansion, etc. How about parcheesi? Does either city host an international parcheesi tournament?
I **** you not, finding out any info on Parcheesi is the hardest thing I've had to do in this thread, so far. But it does have its first origins here in America through NYC

Parcheesi | Learn everything there is to know about Parcheesi at Reference.com

Parcheesi | The Big Game Hunter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City