Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New York City vs San Francisco
New York 310 56.36%
San Francisco 240 43.64%
Voters: 550. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:11 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Guessing is never a good look. I'll ask you like I've asked 18Montclair--show me some stats. And don't you think Manhattan has parts that are up to 50% wealthier than the rest of Manhattan as a whole (SoHo, Tribeca, etc.)?

And Manhattan has much higher highs. As do the surrounding wealthy suburbs in Long Island, NJ, and CT. Those are facts. SF doesn't beat NY at the city, MSA or CSA level. The only thing SF does better than NYC is distribute its wealth more evenly. But as far as total wealth? This isn't even a debate.
You're going back to denying SF city MSA and CSA beats NYC on per capita and family income?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 11:17 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,174,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
You're going back to denying SF city MSA and CSA beats NYC on per capita and family income?
I just said SF distributes its wealth more evenly than NY at the city, MSA and CSA levels (per capita and median income measure distribution).

When it comes to total wealth and extreme highs, NYC dominates SF--at the city, MSA and CSA levels.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I just said SF distributes its wealth more evenly than NY at the city, MSA and CSA levels (per capita and median income measure distribution).

When it comes to total wealth and extreme highs, NYC dominates SF--at the city, MSA and CSA levels.
Distributes it's wealth better, that's a funny way of saying San Francisco has a higher per capita income level than New York City!

Old 12-03-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Distributes it's wealth better, that's a funny way of saying San Francisco has a higher per capita income level than New York City!
Lol, I've said that three times already. Yay! SF actually "won" something. Now about your northern SF stats...I'm still waiting

Old 12-03-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Lol, I've said that three times already. Yay! SF actually "won" something. Now about your northern SF stats...I'm still waiting
I'm not that motivated to dig and pull the numbers, won't be surprised if Montclair does though. He's quite good at it. In all honesty it would be a huge difference over the city as a whole, but who cares really.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I'm not that motivated to dig and pull the numbers, won't be surprised if Montclair does though. He's quite good at it. In all honesty it would be a huge difference over the city as a whole, but who cares really.
Clearly you do, since you keep touting per capita income at every chance. Well, Manhattan has a higher per capita income than SF. Montclair claimed that, no, the northern half of SF is "per capita" wealthier than any equivalent area in Manhattan, and that he could prove it. You agreed with this. So, where's the stats? Pawning it off for Montclair to do it? Weak. But hey, if you want to be lazy and argue any way without stats, go ahead--it just makes you look like you're out of your depth, and like a homer

And who cares? You sound as if you have little faith in your argument.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
My fight was only this for you to finally admit without qualification, which you finally did. I'm good

Old 12-03-2014, 01:15 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Actually it's not Northern, it's North Central and the geographic center, and Eastern waterfront. I'm not at home so I took the following screenshot using a phone and uploaded it onto Flickr.
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/94033713@N08/15910419036/

At first glance, it looks like if we subtract Manhattan's poor aread, then SF surpasses Manhattan.

San Francisco, like Manhattan has more than it's fair share of poverty, but San Francisco, like Manhattan, is staggeringly wealthy for inner city cores.

There's no denying that.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:18 AM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
My fight was only this for you to finally admit without qualification, which you finally did. I'm good
his insistence for "proof" as if my casual banter is some epistle set in stone, is hilarious.

Old 12-03-2014, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

At first glance, it looks like if we subtract Manhattan's poor aread, then SF surpasses Manhattan.
If you subtracted Manhattan's poor areas, logically, the areas left would be wealthier. Don't see how SF would surpass Manhattan in this regard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
his insistence for "proof" as if my casual banter is some epistle set in stone, is hilarious.
So proof is only convenient for some arguments and not others? Or maybe it's just not convenient/necessary at all? My insistence on proof when you make claims is standard C-D procedure, not to mention common sense. Otherwise, people could say anything on here with impunity, no matter the truth. Lol, you never cease to amaze me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City