Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you prefer to live in
Cincinatti 65 27.78%
Seattle 169 72.22%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:06 PM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times

Advertisements

Well, I've been to both also, and while Cincy has great architecture and history, Seattle pretty much kills in every other category. I also didn't find the people pretentious at all, but then again that's pretty low on the list of attributes for a city. They're friendly as hell in Knoxville, but I'd hate to ever spend a weekend there again in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,648,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Distance yourself from unions by moving to Chicago? That sounds like a bad idea!
Aerospace workers union. The corporate office which moved to Chicago is not union.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:34 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,648,291 times
Quote:
Have also been to both, for similar durations of time, which is to say a short period of time. There is nothing about Seattle that stood out as being vastly superior to Cincinnati, and that includes scenery. \.

That's absurd. Seattle's location wedged between Lake WA and The Puget Sound and bounded by The Olympic Mountain range to the west and the Cascades to the east is nothing short of spectacular. There are 3 national parks within 60 miles in 3 directions. To suggest Cincy's scenery is better is completely laughable.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
Quote:
Have also been to both, for similar durations of time, which is to say a short period of time. There is nothing about Seattle that stood out as being vastly superior to Cincinnati, and that includes scenery.
Ok, whatever you say.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:09 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,232,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
As if you'd know a nice city?
Been to Chicago on several occasions, and have lived all over the country. Lived in both NYC and LA. Yeah, I would know.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:57 AM

2,502 posts, read 3,371,489 times
Pictures of giant mountains overlooking cities as above makes me think of clouds, and basically represents a giant wall that encloses the city. Not a big selling point for me, and as one who lived in the Japanese Alps for a stint, the beauty of such a scene wears off quickly, I doub those in Seattle spend much time either looking at or thinking how lucky they are cause of those mountains.

Cincinnati is still more on the launch pad.....energy flowing n from all directions....

Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,053,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Pictures of giant mountains overlooking cities as above makes me think of clouds, and basically represents a giant wall that encloses the city. Not a big selling point for me, and as one who lived in the Japanese Alps for a stint, the beauty of such a scene wears off quickly, I doub those in Seattle spend much time either looking at or thinking how lucky they are cause of those mountains.

Cincinnati is still more on the launch pad.....energy flowing n from all directions....
You may not think much of mountains, however as a native of Seattle I can assure you that most residents of Seattle don't share your opinion.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post

I lived in the Colorado Rockies for a few years. I was wowed at first, and the longer I spent there the less the scenery impressed me. It becomes mundane after a while.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
You may not think much of mountains, however as a native of Seattle I can assure you that most residents of Seattle don't share your opinion.
ROFL! Funny when one person claims to represent the opinion of hundreds of thousands of people they have never met.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:45 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Ok, whatever you say.

I am pretty sure the poster actually meant the scenery IN THE CITY not away, and hills we have hills downtown cincinnati too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City