Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
East Coast 426 50.30%
West Coast 421 49.70%
Voters: 847. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 11:00 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,792,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy7 View Post
So something that had been almost tied neck to neck since 2013 all of a sudden takes a lead of over 20 in just a couple of days? What were 20 people biding their time to vote for the west coast, all at the same time too?

Come on, use some common sense.

Then again when you can't distinguish opinions from facts...
Please don't question my intelligence again. Like I said, it's possible for either situation to have occurred. Not sure why you care anyway.

Natural beauty in the United States is the most grand/dramatic and diverse in the West. That's a fact, you can choose to accept it or not. That's not to say the other parts of the country aren't beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 10:15 AM

366 posts, read 404,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Please don't question my intelligence again. Like I said, it's possible for either situation to have occurred. Not sure why you care anyway.

Natural beauty in the United States is the most grand/dramatic and diverse in the West. That's a fact, you can choose to accept it or not. That's not to say the other parts of the country aren't beautiful.
Why shouldn't he question your intelligence when you are quite obviously displaying such low levels of it?

What if I said natural "beauty" in the west (southwest) is no beauty at all. In fact it's quite brown, dried up looking and ugly. That's a fact, you can choose to accept it or not.

Would have merit than your post.

Last edited by KaneKane; 07-06-2015 at 10:24 AM..

Old 07-06-2015, 10:18 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
West coast topography is much more striking to me.
It's breath-taking from Colorado to Utah, Montana, Washington down through California....absolutely breath-taking.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 AM

It takes the cake on height, but the colors of the southwest is something I usually find outright ugly. And I'm hardly the only one.

This is only limited to the west coast btw. Colorado and Utah are nowhere near the coast.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:27 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,686,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
It's takes the cake on height, but the colors of the southwest is something I usually find outright ugly. And I'm hardly the only one.

This is only limited to the west coast btw. Colorado and Utah are nowhere near the coast.
the southwest is only LA and San Diego...

San Fran isn't brown, neither is Portland and Seattle and the dozens of cities in between. Why you're focusing on brown bushes in LA is beyond me. Sounds like you're mad that the west coast is more beautiful than the east coast. #HatersGonnaHate

Old 07-06-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
the southwest is only LA and San Diego...

San Fran isn't brown, neither is Portland and Seattle and the dozens of cities in between. Why you're focusing on brown bushes in LA is beyond me. Sounds like you're mad that the west coast is more beautiful than the east coast. #HatersGonnaHate
I guess it's my fault expecting somebody that would post #HatersGonnaHate to figure out which would be the SOUTH and COAST.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneKane View Post
Why shouldn't he question your intelligence when you are quite obviously displaying such low levels of it?

What if I said natural "beauty" in the west (southwest) is no beauty at all. In fact it's quite brown, dried up looking and ugly. That's a fact, you can choose to accept it or not.

Would have merit than your post.
Dear lord...

If you said something like that, it would been your opinion. The West is indeed more varied, diverse, and dramatic in terms of natural beauty/landscapes. That's a FACT. I can admit most of the West is brown, because that's a FACT. If one thinks that's pretty or not so pretty is an OPINION. I never said the West is prettier than the East. You and the other poster keep making it seem like I said that, but I didn't.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:51 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
West coast is far more attractive than the east coast. There are parts of the east coast that are pretty amazing, but overall, west coast is nicer and live in and really enjoy the east coast.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:09 PM

3 posts, read 3,577 times
The reason why so many people are moving to the West Coast and to places like Texas, Colorado, Arizona, etc. (and in Canada to Alberta) is because the economic gravity of N America is shifting west slowly but surely, along with the population. I think you can pretty much raise kids in any major region provided you find the right place. I'm not sure where people get this idea that they'd rather "settle down" in the east or west. There are nice suburbs full of families everywhere.

Although I do agree that in many places along the west coast people seem to be kinda superficial. GA and TX were certainly not like that at all, and WA is a bit like that, although it's nowhere near as bad as LA proper-Ventura County (by far the most fake place on the planet). If you absolutely have to live in SoCal and want to get away from that, move to the southeastern reaches of Orange county like Irvine, Newport Beach, eastern Anaheim, Lake Country, Yorba Linda (that is if you can afford it).

Old 07-06-2015, 05:13 PM

^^^^ Orange County is arguably more superficial and stuck-up than Los Angeles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.