Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
East Coast 426 50.30%
West Coast 421 49.70%
Voters: 847. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 04:40 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Completely disagree. "Overall" the East Coast's livable landscape is exponentially nicer and easily out impresses the West.

No question the West icons shine bright but the East Coasts landscape goes 300 miles wide until merges with the Midwest /Tennessee Valley etc etc... No barren land to speak of. Away from the immediate West Coast you are overcome with fruitless,parched moonscape.

40 Miles West of Philly

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3379/...96fc6c0e_b.jpg

40 Miles East of San Diego

http://thumbs.trulia-cdn.com/picture...a-CA-91917.jpg

40 Miles West of Washington DC

http://www.metrodcphotography.com/ga...ive-5_2013.jpg

40 Miles East of Portland Oregon

http://s3.amazonaws.com/loa.images/i...59274766-p.jpg
This one right here. Repped Next thing you'll know though, someone will come on here and say East Coast scenery is "overrated" or "pathetic" LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 09:15 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,964,875 times
The coastline of Oregon, Washington (state), and British Columbia is the absolute most beautiful/gorgeous/awestriking/otherworldly/out-of-this-realm stretch of scenic coastline I've ever seen in the continental United States and continental Canada, ever. The way those mountains and palisades tower over the large metronomic waves that crash along the rocks on the shores of the Pacific Ocean is nothing short of absolutely spectacular (regardless of who you are or what sort of scenery you are into).

The scenery of the Western United States is pretty epic, like a whole different species/ball-game from the scenery you typically find in the (mostly uniform) Eastern United States. Whole different level.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 07-13-2015 at 09:38 PM..

Old 07-15-2015, 09:54 PM

317 posts, read 378,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
The coastline of Oregon, Washington (state), and British Columbia is the absolute most beautiful/gorgeous/awestriking/otherworldly/out-of-this-realm stretch of scenic coastline I've ever seen in the continental United States and continental Canada, ever. The way those mountains and palisades tower over the large metronomic waves that crash along the rocks on the shores of the Pacific Ocean is nothing short of absolutely spectacular (regardless of who you are or what sort of scenery you are into).

The scenery of the Western United States is pretty epic, like a whole different species/ball-game from the scenery you typically find in the (mostly uniform) Eastern United States. Whole different level.
The northwest is great but the eastern scenery is definitely more aesthetically pleasing than the southwest. The southwest just looks too dry and brown for me to call it beautiful. You can classify some of them as unique though. There are a few hints of green around the southwest here and there, but even a lot of the green spots look dry...

The east is just on different level when it comes to that. Not just hills/mountains either, greenery on the east is on a different level in terms of trees and vegetation as well.

And I'm sorry I just don't find the rock formations in the west coast to be all that special, the whole dry and brown stuff applies to those as well, at least from what I have seen. I would much rather go into the water and feel the waves all up close in person, something that's hardly feasible in the Pacific.

Old 07-17-2015, 01:14 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default The West coast

I overwhelmingly prefer the West coast, an area of the country that adjusts to you, rather than forcing you to adjust to it.

I used to live on the east coast, and got tired of gargling with rocks in my month each morning, just to prepare for the day.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:08 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,399,746 times
Oxnard is gorgeous

Old 07-18-2015, 02:13 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I overwhelmingly prefer the West coast, an area of the country that adjusts to you, rather than forcing you to adjust to it.

I used to live on the east coast, and got tired of gargling with rocks in my month each morning, just to prepare for the day.
I meant "gargling with rocks in my MOUTH", not month.

Here's an interesting story of Grammy award winner Brandy singing and being ignored by the desensitized New York bunch on the subway.

Brandy Performs On NYC Subway As Passengers Ignore Her During Transit

Old 08-08-2015, 02:30 AM

246 posts, read 230,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I meant "gargling with rocks in my MOUTH", not month.

Here's an interesting story of Grammy award winner Brandy singing and being ignored by the desensitized New York bunch on the subway.

Brandy Performs On NYC Subway As Passengers Ignore Her During Transit
"She is just another face in the crowds" - Glenn Foley, You Belong to the City.

Old 08-08-2015, 02:31 AM

246 posts, read 230,465 times
East Coast is full of REAL a$$holes vs. West Coast is full of FAKE a$$holes!

Pick your poison?

Old 08-08-2015, 03:04 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,110,662 times
Ah.. an intellectual!

Old 08-10-2015, 09:21 AM

638 posts, read 978,444 times
EAST COAST > west coast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.