Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 10:43 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,801,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
In this case percentages are absolutely meaningless. Especially since it measures off of the existing immigrant population as opposed to total population. The total numeric growth is the only way you could make a claim such as "Atlanta has the fastest immigrant growth in the South".

If you remove the immigrant growth Fort Worth provides, Atlanta would be just slightly ahead of Dallas.
Im sure it was not you but I need to ask: Did you just rep me with a negative comment?I believe it was BigTex(AKA HarrisCo) who is the culprit but your name was listed by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 10:51 PM

24 posts, read 21,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
We just have to disagree whether or not its meaningless.Fact is I was not wrong about what I said.
Why do you always put down the TX cities?

Old 10-31-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by London_knowledge View Post
But youre arguing and disagreeing with government statistics of crime! You have home town issues
Atlanta might have high crime, but it is still an amazing city to live in. They are an extremely large metro, big city amenities, good food, low col, jobs, etc. You need to visit.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Tex View Post
Why do you always put down the TX cities?
Why are you obsessed with me?How old are you to be creating multiple profiles and sending me direct message with insults.Does not bother me.Don't even read any of them.Automatic delete.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Why are you obsessed with me?How old are you to be creating multiple profiles and sending me direct message with insults.Does not bother me.Don't even read any of them.Automatic delete.
I am NOT obsessed with you. What are you talking about? I simply joined this site and am engaging in the conversation. I have quoted multiple people in this thread including you, the op, petermanjello and others. And the DM I sent you was a question asking your opinion of Texas. There was nothing rude about what I was asking in my DM if you bothered to read it.

Get off your high horse and rude comments, I have done nothing to you.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:01 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,623,472 times
Quote:
Thanks to all who have replied its really helped me decide I think im going to rule out charlotte and tampa as I think after a while I will just feel like they are too small and possibly get bored!
To the person that asked about austin and san Antonio I had considered but austin seems cool just lack of of sports teams which is a bit of a negative for me. San Antonio did make the shortlist.

Im really feeling atlanta now after researching it. Buckhead and midtown areas are very attractive to my lifestyle and the scenary is great. Richardson in dallas was my choice there. It's a toughie. I wana do a bit more investigation for both. Both are fairly low on natural disaster scales even with dallas in tornado alley its rarely been struck badly. Both cities are roughly same size and will feel like a huge city like london I think.
Both climates are cool but I did go to dallas once in August and it was unreal heat. I dont know if my partner could handle it lol.
The demographics are very different in the cities themselves as those stats are based kn the actual city but I think the suburbs will be pretty much the same.

Are you looking for Pro Sports like NFL, MLB, NBA? Austin does have Minor League sports there's AAA baseball, Minor League Hockey and Soccer. We even have Formula1 in November along with MotoGP the ESPN X games are going to be in Austin this next Summer. The NBA Spurs are and hour down the road in San Antonio or Houston is an easy day or weekend trip from here.

Austin, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Austin, TX | Explore Hotels, Music, Restaurants, and Things to Do

Austin Aztex - Come See the rising stars

The Official Site of The Round Rock Express | rrexpress.com Homepage

THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE NBA DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE: Austin Toros

Texas Stars Hockey

Circuit of The Americas - Home of the Formula 1 US Grand Prix | Nov. 15-17 2013 | Austin TX

X Games announces new host city of Austin, Texas for 2014 - X Games

Old 11-01-2013, 02:19 AM

89 posts, read 96,976 times
Quote:
It does matter.He moved here because he liked it.Why would anybody move to a city that is crime ridden?You can't seem to answer that.

Oh so now you act innocent?LOL.By the remarks you made,you clearly ruled out Atlanta because of crime statistics.
That in itself is fine.

You did not stop there.you made several remarks refering to Atlanta as if it were as bad as some well known cities infested with crime.and dispair.

You then implied that Atlanta was somehow "Hip Hop Heaven" where you will have trouble living among people without such interest due to the fact it just SOOO pervasive.

Then you suggested that somehow the racial problems are so strong that racism is more of a problem here versus anywhere else.

It really is ok if do not want to move to Atlanta.Dallas is a great city.No need to say it is not.Its just not much different than Atlanta for you or anybody to make such wild pronouncements as you have.

You also ignore that Atlanta is much smaller area land wise and population than Houston ,Dallas by 2x land wise .

In fact,Atlanta is much smaller than many cities like even Charlotte and Orlando.Technically due to the land area,they have more people but those cities lack a lot in comparison to Atlanta which is bigger by MSA standard.
Statistics don't show that.

By your logic why not just stay in England or Europe where its way safer.
Lol your logic is so basic and child like. Okay so your saying not one single person moved to Detroit or Flint this year? If so why would any one move to a high crime city? You know there are multiple reasons. Just because people move to Atlanta and live there doesnt mean it doesnt have high crime and doesn't mean its not top 5 to 10 most dangerous cities in usa. Yes there is a big hip hop culture there too ive read and heard from multiple people. And yes ive read race relations are not food in atlanta either.
Stop going on about the size of a city. Flint is smaller than atlanta by your argument there.
All im saying at this moment is atlanta has proven statistics to show it has top 10 highest crime in the usa per 100000. You cant seem to admit this lol. Its FACT.and juat because a member of this forum has chosen to move there doesnt change that lol.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Lol your logic is so basic and child like. Okay so your saying not one single person moved to Detroit or Flint this year? If so why would any one move to a high crime city? You know there are multiple reasons. Just because people move to Atlanta and live there doesnt mean it doesnt have high crime and doesn't mean its not top 5 to 10 most dangerous cities in usa. Yes there is a big hip hop culture there too ive read and heard from multiple people. And yes ive read race relations are not food in atlanta either.
Stop going on about the size of a city. Flint is smaller than atlanta by your argument there.
All im saying at this moment is atlanta has proven statistics to show it has top 10 highest crime in the usa per 100000. You cant seem to admit this lol. Its FACT.and juat because a member of this forum has chosen to move there doesn't change that lol.
Once again you have intentionally ignored the several attempts I have made to get you to answer why all those companies and people move to Atlanta?
It may be because you know as well as I do that your logic about crime is just not the issue that is so bad that renders the city undesirable accept really you.

You know that is not what I said or saying.You are acting like a child by pretending you cannot grasp that unlike Detroit or Flint that have been steadily loosing population with net losses is no where even comparable to one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. like Atlanta.

So you have never heard about race issues in Dallas?Atlanta is no more of a racist city than any other city.Its silly how you just believe everything you hear.

Atlanta is one of the most intergrated cities out there.

Hip Hop is just as (if not more so) prevalent in NYC,Chicago,D.C.,Miami,Houston,Charlotte and many other cities.

As I said before,I'm in no way trying to change your mind.I ,like others are correcting you on your flawed remarks and illogical thinking.

Just move to Dallas already.It really is a great city.You can't go wrong.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:45 AM

89 posts, read 96,976 times
Quote:
Once again you have intentionally ignored the several attempts I have made to get you to answer why all those companies and people move to Atlanta?
It may be because you know as well as I do that your logic about crime is just not the issue that is so bad that renders the city undesirable accept really you.

You know that is not what I said or saying.You are acting like a child by pretending you cannot grasp that unlike Detroit or Flint that have been steadily loosing population with net losses is no where even comparable to one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. like Atlanta.

So you have never heard about race issues in Dallas?Atlanta is no more of a racist city than any other city.Its silly how you just believe everything you hear.

Atlanta is one of the most intergrated cities out there.

Hip Hop is just as (if not more so) prevalent in NYC,Chicago,D.C.,Miami,Houston,Charlotte and many other cities.

As I said before,I'm in no way trying to change your mind.I ,like others are correcting you on your flawed remarks and illogical thinking.

Just move to Dallas already.It really is a great city.You can't go wrong.
There could be many reasons to move to atlanta. Job opportunity, to be near family, to go to college. These facts dont mean that atlanta hasnt got one of the highest crime rates as a city. You're arguing with facts here. The stats and reports show how high up atlanta is on the list.
Ive heard about the race issues in dallas yes but have heard they are alot worse in atlanta.
Im not saying detroit and flint are losing numbers im saying people still move there.
So are you saying all those stats are wrong then? All the crime reports are inaccurate? All the data putting atlanta in top 5 and top 10 for many crime categories is incorrect?

Old 11-01-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
There could be many reasons to move to atlanta. Job opportunity, to be near family, to go to college. These facts dont mean that atlanta hasnt got one of the highest crime rates as a city. You're arguing with facts here. The stats and reports show how high up atlanta is on the list.
Ive heard about the race issues in dallas yes but have heard they are alot worse in atlanta.
Im not saying detroit and flint are losing numbers im saying people still move there.
So are you saying all those stats are wrong then? All the crime reports are inaccurate? All the data putting atlanta in top 5 and top 10 for many crime categories is incorrect?
Im not saying that at all.However you did not just say the crime is in the top 5-10.You went on about how its worse than in other cities because it is in the top 10.

The crime between many U.S. regardless is not nearly as pervasive as it seems just because of a ranking on a list.Dallas is no more or less safer than Atlanta.

Regardless of where it ranks the chances of you being a victim of crime is not a major difference from most major cities to another accept maybe Minneapolis or Salt Lake City.Why not move those places if you are so concerned about being a victim of crime?

I mean do you really think people (other than you)choose Dallas,Houston or Miami over Atlanta because of the perception of higher crime based on some rankings?

Stats has also shown how the murder rate in Atlanta has gone down every year for at least the past 5 years and in Dallas its gone up by 50%just over from 2011-2012.

Does that mean you want to move to a city(Dallas) where even though the crime is lower than it used to be historically,it is now going up.
That is the question you asked me is it not?"Why move to a city with crime issues?"How does that make sense?

And what race issues in Atlanta have you heard about?Im curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City