Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 03:25 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by London_knowledge View Post
These links show
Atlanta is 17th in usa in murder rate per 100000
19th per 100000 for violent crime
Aggravated assault 25th
Property crime 28th
Motor theft 7th

Out of hundreds s of cities
Why are you so focused on this? It wasn't even on your radar when you started this thread. God, just let it go. Go to Dallas. Mazel Tov.
BTW, I love living here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 03:39 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Why are you so focused on this? It wasn't even on your radar when you started this thread. God, just let it go. Go to Dallas. Mazel Tov.
BTW, I love living here.
In defense of the OP, it's clear and it's BEEN clear from the get go that the OP had already narrowed the list to three cities - none of which was Atlanta. Then the Atlanta homies have continued to press and press and argue and debate ad nauseum on a thread that didn't even MENTION or have anything to do with Atlanta to begin with.

If anyone needs to "let it go," it's the folks who continue to hound the OP about Atlanta. THE OP DOESN'T WANT TO MOVE TO ATLANTA. THE THREAD IS NOT ABOUT ATLANTA.

Personally, I'm ever so glad that people who live in Atlanta or love Atlanta are happy with Atlanta. I wouldn't wish otherwise. Atlanta has many charms and many positives. So please... all of you who love Atlanta so much, go start a thread about it. Hell, go start one comparing Atlanta vs Dallas if you like. But this thread isn't about Atlanta or even Atlanta vs Dallas. Dayum.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:09 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
In defense of the OP, it's clear and it's BEEN clear from the get go that the OP had already narrowed the list to three cities - none of which was Atlanta. Then the Atlanta homies have continued to press and press and argue and debate ad nauseum on a thread that didn't even MENTION or have anything to do with Atlanta to begin with.

If anyone needs to "let it go," it's the folks who continue to hound the OP about Atlanta. THE OP DOESN'T WANT TO MOVE TO ATLANTA. THE THREAD IS NOT ABOUT ATLANTA.

Personally, I'm ever so glad that people who live in Atlanta or love Atlanta are happy with Atlanta. I wouldn't wish otherwise. Atlanta has many charms and many positives. So please... all of you who love Atlanta so much, go start a thread about it. Hell, go start one comparing Atlanta vs Dallas if you like. But this thread isn't about Atlanta or even Atlanta vs Dallas. Dayum.
Kathryn, I totally agree. How do these things go so out of control? No one needs to force a city down anyone else's throat.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Kathryn, I totally agree. How do these things go so out of control? No one needs to force a city down anyone else's throat.
I don't know - where are the mods? I guess if I'm going to complain, I should complain to them but I don't generally report posts unless they are blatantly racist or ridiculously rude. But this thread is completely out of control. I feel sorry for the OP, who didn't ask for any info about Atlanta and has been relentlessly hounded about it. If I were the OP, I'd have a bad taste in my mouth about Atlanta at this point, when the reality is that Atlanta is a very nice city overall with lots of positives to offer - it's just NOT WHERE THE OP WANTS TO LIVE and that's OK. Wow. I can't believe that those who are relentlessly hounding the OP about Atlanta can't see that they're actually not doing "their city" any favors diplomatically!

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 PM

I mean, it's something like this:

"I can't decide whether to move to Phoenix, Boston, or San Francisco."

"Why not Salt Lake City?"

"Well, I have narrowed it down to the three I mentioned."

"But why not Salt Lake City???"

"Because ... you know, I like things about the three cities I mentioned. I just wonder which of those three I should choose..."

"WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST SALT LAKE CITY? IT'S GREAT."

"Well...you know, the Mormon thing is sort of a turn off now that you mention it."

"SALT LAKE CITY ISN'T JUST FOR MORMONS!!!!! ANYONE CAN LIVE THERE AND BE HAPPY!"

"Well, I have nothing against Mormons...but I just prefer living somewhere that's not as influenced by Mormons. If that's OK with you."

"Well, it's NOT OK with me. There's a lot more to see and do in SLC that has nothing to do with Mormons. Obviously you don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever been to SLC? I didn't think so. SLC is great. SLC is wonderful. Where are you getting your erroneous information about SLC?"

"Look, I'm sure SLC is lovely but it does have a Mormon influence and I just prefer the other three cities that I mentioned. Can we talk about those cities?"

"I'm talking about Salt Lake City. We're going to talk about Salt Lake City - which you're wrong about."

STOP THE MADNESS!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:15 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Actually your recollection is totally inaccurate. HE(The OP ) did ask about Atlanta.Not Atlanta homers.

He may not have said it in his initial post or title but Atlanta was mentioned in his second post.

It was on the first page he said this:
Quote:
I was originally put off by the high crime statistics. But after looking into it, it seems its certain blocks and pockets that have the high crime.
YOU even made a whole post about the differences between Atlanta and Dallas on the second page of this thread:

Quote:
Just so you know, the humidity in Atlanta makes a summer day there just as brutal as a summer day in the Dallas area.

That being said, Atlanta is a great city as well. I do think the economy is stronger overall in the DFW area, and the cost of living a bit more reasonable. Plus you get that glorious mix of Tex Mex that you just can't get anywhere else!
Not one person has even begged him to move to Atlanta.HE is the one obsessed with crime in Atlanta.
Surely you don't expect someone to say something and not expect people to add their own remarks to his?

Last edited by afonega1; 11-06-2013 at 08:27 PM..

Old 11-07-2013, 02:32 AM

89 posts, read 96,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Actually your recollection is totally inaccurate. HE(The OP ) did ask about Atlanta.Not Atlanta homers.

He may not have said it in his initial post or title but Atlanta was mentioned in his second post.

It was on the first page he said this:

YOU even made a whole post about the differences between Atlanta and Dallas on the second page of this thread:

Not one person has even begged him to move to Atlanta.HE is the one obsessed with crime in Atlanta.
Surely you don't expect someone to say something and not expect people to add their own remarks to his?
Did you not look at those 4 links?
It shows atlanta in those positions I mentioned in my last post. You are either ignorant or awful at maths

Old 11-07-2013, 06:33 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London_knowledge View Post
Did you not look at those 4 links?
It shows atlanta in those positions I mentioned in my last post. You are either ignorant or awful at maths
Did you actually look at the link to the FBI crime stats from which all the studies you mentioned actually source their data? Do you understand how ironic it is for you to say someone else is bad at maths and yet have such a difficult time wrapping your head around how the stats actually work?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:26 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Did you actually look at the link to the FBI crime stats from which all the studies you mentioned actually source their data? Do you understand how ironic it is for you to say someone else is bad at maths and yet have such a difficult time wrapping your head around how the stats actually work?
He's obviously oblivious about everything.Or more likely he just wants to still keep talking about Atlanta.Why?
Like I said before,he knows he said some stupid things and he is just trying to back pedal his way out of it.

Probably because he knows Atlanta is just as much a viable option as Dallas or any other city.

He is looking for validation for his foolishness.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:28 AM

I don't think people need to validate their preference for one city over another - it's often just personal taste. For instance, I prefer Fort Worth over Dallas. I could give my reasons but they'd basically boil down to the fact that Fort Worth fits my personality better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City