Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 01:26 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,986,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Less than a weeks ago, this building was unveiled as one of Denver's newest proposed buildings. Planned for completion in 2017. Looks great!
This tower would really do a lot for the Denver skyline. Have any tenants been mentioned yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 05:27 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,828,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YIMBY View Post
This tower would really do a lot for the Denver skyline. Have any tenants been mentioned yet?
The Four Seasons was a nice recent addition, but yes downtown Denver's skyline could definitely use an update and a few more landmark towers.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:09 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,657,106 times
There's no real *wow* factor with Minneapolis like there is w/ SF, LA, Seattle, Denver--I don't care how fast it's urban core is growing or how many urban development projects are planned/in progress. It's the most frigid major city in the country, and most of the city looks like a slightly less dilapidated version of Rochester. JMHO.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8to32characters View Post
There's no real *wow* factor with Minneapolis like there is w/ SF, LA, Seattle, Denver--I don't care how fast it's urban core is growing or how many urban development projects are planned/in progress. It's the most frigid major city in the country, and most of the city looks like a slightly less dilapidated version of Rochester. JMHO.
LOL!! First of all, this topic is regarding Seattle, Denver, Phoenix, San Diego, and Minneapolis (and St. Paul). San Francisco and Seattle have great skylines. IMO Minneapolis has Denver beat due to its density and architectural variety. As far as Los Angeles is concerned, I'm not sure why you would even bring it into this conversation, but its skyline is underwhelming.

Why not get out of whatever hole you're in and visit Minneapolis before talking so much sh*t?

Last edited by YIMBY; 06-03-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 06-03-2014, 02:08 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,657,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YIMBY View Post
LOL!! San Francisco and Seattle have great skylines. Denver's is nice, but IMO Minneapolis has it beat in regards to architecture and density. As far as Los Angeles is concerned, I'm not sure why you would even bring it into this conversation, but its skyline is underwhelming.

This topic is regarding Seattle, Denver, Phoenix, San Diego, and Minneapolis (and St. Paul). I would rank those skylines as follows:
Seattle

Minneapolis
Denver
San Diego

St. Paul
Phoenix - no wow factor at all.

Finally, get out of whatever hole you're in and visit Minneapolis before talking so much sh*t.
Lol, Minneapolis looks like a newer, cleaner version of Upstate New York.

And Phoenix has no *wow* factor? Really? Does Minneapolis have panoramic mountainous backdrop against deep blue skies, stately Saguaro cacti, mostly new homes/buildings/roads, Mediterranean/Pueblo architecture everywhere you look? Would you describe Minneapolis-St. Paul as the cleanest major metro area in the US after SLC or one of the sunniest/warmest? Yeah, I don't think so.

It certainly seems like lots of folks from Minneapolis agree with me, since you can't spit in Phoenix without hitting someone from the Twin Cities area.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:56 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,091,677 times
Quote:
Denver and Seattle, from an urban layout and general upkeep standpoint, look almost identical to Minneapolis. I wouldn't say either of these cities have any more "wow" factor than the Twin Cities, to be honest.

If you think Minneapolis looks dilapidated, then every city in America is a hole. Clearly you've never been here. How are you forming these opinions?

Quote:
Upstate New York is beautiful, although I'm not sure how that's relevant to anything in any way.

Quote:
And Phoenix has no *wow* factor? Really? Does Minneapolis have panoramic mountainous backdrop against deep blue skies, stately Saguaro cacti, mostly new homes/buildings/roads, Mediterranean/Pueblo architecture everywhere you look? Would you describe Minneapolis-St. Paul as the cleanest major metro area in the US after SLC or one of the sunniest/warmest? Yeah, I don't think so.

It certainly seems like lots of folks from Minneapolis agree with me, since you can't spit in Phoenix without hitting someone from the Twin Cities area.
I'm sorry, but what you're saying is absolutely nonsensical. Phoenix is an entirely suburban city in the middle of a desert wasteland. That makes you say "wow"? Really?

Yes, I would describe the Twin Cities as one of the cleanest major metro areas in the country. It's usually the very first thing people comment on when they visit for the first time. Our parks are pristine, our lakes are fresh and swimmable, and and our streets are swept. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:12 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
The new Hotel and train station at the airport is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it all done!
Thanks for the pics, Mezter. DIA is already one of the country's premier airports and it is getting even better with these additions. Pretty soon it won't be "in the middle of nowhere" like it was when it was built.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:

If you think Phoenix has a wow factor, then you really need to get out more and what's with you Phoenix people always stating that there are ton of people from one area or another moving your city? You come off as if there millions of people from every city moving Phoenix. According to the latest IRS county migration information, 330 people moved from Hennepin County (Minneapolis) to Maricopa County whereas 301 from Maricopa to Hennepin. That said, apparently one can't spit in Minneapolis without hitting someone from the Phoenix area. Only difference is Minneapolis is attracting the young and educated whereas the majority people moving from the Twin Cities to Phoenix are retired.

Quote:
The new Hotel and train station at the airport is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it all done!

I think so too! Not any I know of.

Yeah. A little more diversity would do the skyline wonders. I hope Tabor 2 gets build. That would also look noce and add some diversity.
Thanks for sharing Mezter.

Last edited by YIMBY; 06-03-2014 at 05:02 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 08:15 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Love this thread.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:57 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Great pics, Fierysun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City