Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 05:12 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,687,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post
I hear that Los Angeles is just a suburban wasteland, without much character, it is gridlocked without much diversity.

Damn that must be true then lol.
dam u think la is to spread out look at houston its bigger than la in sq miles La= 469 sq miles and houston= 540 sq miles so u tell me wats more spread out nuff said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 05:18 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,687,009 times
please read this .nyc and chicago have more building because the city was found in the time were there werent any cars thats why the 2 citie have better transportaion and more building in a tighter area. but since la was found when the cars were invented the city will is more spread out because the city was found when the cars were invented and thats why the skyline is not good so thats why la is spread its logic chicago and nyc were found when there werent cars then la was found when there were cars and thats why la is so DRIVEABLE AND NYC AND CHICAGO ARE SO WALKABLE and have better transportation and this is why CARS are the transportation in LA

Old 07-20-2008, 01:36 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Not sure why you pulled this thread out of the grave but I'll add to it anyways. I don't understand why people move to los angeles knowing damn well that we are a car based city and then complain that we don't have good public transportation. I mean have u not heard all the news reports about los angeles having bad traffic? Instead of complaining about it, move and stop being so miserable. There's plenty of people that like it here and that would love to buy your house and take your spot sitting on freeway. but yeah. I love it here. Everything about the city is amazing and the only negative for me...and I mean the only, is that we don't have the best public transportation. However we do have an amazing bus system

Old 08-20-2009, 01:33 AM

34 posts, read 99,019 times
what about the music industry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
NYU has the best film program in the US. Hollywood may have more studios, but New York has more filming done, period. New York is also host to major network and cable stations.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:47 AM

287 posts, read 547,219 times
Los Angeles without much diversity? http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/08/07/cen...ies/index.html Think again.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,829,576 times
New York City-Plus this thread is 2 years old its to old.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:37 AM

3 posts, read 5,166 times
neither. For international business you want to go to HOUSTON. plus Texas is no where as expensive as california or ny.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:57 AM

12 posts, read 7,249 times
LA unlike Euroepan cities were built in the time of AMerican infatuation with cars and on an absurd premise that you can build enough roads in the city to accommodate all... As absurd as the traffic and smog in LA proves every day. Fortunately LA's planners were smart to realize their mistake and are building up public transportation in LA including subway lines... I bet LA in 25 years will look totally different than today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
please read this .nyc and chicago have more building because the city was found in the time were there werent any cars thats why the 2 citie have better transportaion and more building in a tighter area. but since la was found when the cars were invented the city will is more spread out because the city was found when the cars were invented and thats why the skyline is not good so thats why la is spread its logic chicago and nyc were found when there werent cars then la was found when there were cars and thats why la is so DRIVEABLE AND NYC AND CHICAGO ARE SO WALKABLE and have better transportation and this is why CARS are the transportation in LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City