Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:35 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLaurent View Post

Nice try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 02:20 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Funny group! BELIY? You've inquired about the opportunities available in both L. A. and New York associated with international business. You've also joined in to bash Los Angeles on many occassions with the usual L. A. bashing clowns on this site. It is fact that Los Angeles is more ethnically and culturally (and I'm not just talking arts and entertainment here) diversified than ANY other city in the world- no matter how many times you hear about L. A.'s Hispanic population being 90% Mexican (64%) or that New York has great weather and beaches with a healthy 'jock' scene (news to anyone with a middling brain stem) or that the people in New York are better people (unsubstantiated hubris). Now you know that one poster negated his entire thesis by asserting that women in New York were "better looking". That was easily dismissed, but really, if you are not a clever Slavic-speaking instigator of tired, jealous L. A. bashing and actually want to move to Moskva after your stint here in the states is up, then either place would be good for you, with a nod in New York's direction. If you believe the crap from some here regarding the characteristics of the City of Angels, I would rather not have you there.
You and the whole 5 other people who love LA on here never cease to make all the rest of us laugh with posts like this, I am rolling on the floor as I type!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:24 AM

That's quite the skill! Shouldn't you be in bed?

Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Quote:
That's quite the skill! Shouldn't you be in bed?
No, actually I am getting up to go to the gym soon, some of us Texans actually keep in shape!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 AM

Got to work off those Houston, chicken fried pounds, huh? Some of those rolls...hey? Do you have an L. A. fitness center you can go to? They'll whip ya into shape- but ya gotta want it, now

Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 AM

307 posts, read 1,397,397 times
Quote:
Funny group! BELIY? You've inquired about the opportunities available in both L. A. and New York associated with international business. You've also joined in to bash Los Angeles on many occassions with the usual L. A. bashing clowns on this site. It is fact that Los Angeles is more ethnically and culturally (and I'm not just talking arts and entertainment here) diversified than ANY other city in the world- no matter how many times you hear about L. A.'s Hispanic population being 90% Mexican (64%) or that New York has great weather and beaches with a healthy 'jock' scene (news to anyone with a middling brain stem) or that the people in New York are better people (unsubstantiated hubris). Now you know that one poster negated his entire thesis by asserting that women in New York were "better looking". That was easily dismissed, but really, if you are not a clever Slavic-speaking instigator of tired, jealous L. A. bashing and actually want to move to Moskva after your stint here in the states is up, then either place would be good for you, with a nod in New York's direction. If you believe the crap from some here regarding the characteristics of the City of Angels, I would rather not have you there.

I'll take what you said, into consideration .

Last edited by Beliy Plashik; 12-19-2007 at 07:29 AM..

Old 12-19-2007, 09:22 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,240,720 times
milquetoast-

I was born in Santa Monica-then spent the next twenty-three years in California. I have have family spread out between LA and the Inland Empire that I visit on a regular basis. I now currently reside on the East Coast, and have spent many years in two Midwest locations-just so you know that even though I bash LA, I actually lived there-and in a sense-have a birth right to the place.

It is my opinion that LA blows. It is your opinion that it is great. Neither one of us is right nor wrong. Just opinions. You can drop facts all you want, but that doesn't mean squat, as there will always be a number of people who disagree with them. You have every right to think of LA as the greatest place on Earth, and to you it just very may well be, but don't discount others who disagree.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:06 AM

333 posts, read 467,675 times
Quote:
Got to work off those Houston, chicken fried pounds, huh? Some of those rolls...hey? Do you have an L. A. fitness center you can go to? They'll whip ya into shape- but ya gotta want it, now
New York Sports Club is better

Old 12-19-2007, 05:26 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
It is my opinion that LA blows. It is your opinion that it is great. Neither one of us is right nor wrong. Just opinions. You can drop facts all you want, but that doesn't mean squat, as there will always be a number of people who disagree with them. You have every right to think of LA as the greatest place on Earth, and to you it just very may well be, but don't discount others who disagree.
This is what I've been trying to say. NYC is for some people who like urban living, snow, and crappy beaches. LA is for people who like constant weather, suburban places that feel urban, slower pace, and nice beaches.

For you though, I would say NYC. So, for how much you guys think we try to hype up LA, have you noticed we all sided on NYC for Russian influence? I'm pretty sure I proved my point of LA being more diverse with more sister cities though.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:24 PM

307 posts, read 1,397,397 times
IT depends where you live I think Silverlake, and West Hollywood are very interesting places to vist!!

And Santa Monica Pier, around that are. That is the interesting areas of the city.
And Costa Mesa is nice too, but that is in Orange County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City