Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 03:55 PM

89 posts, read 115,615 times

Advertisements

New Orleans is the absolute most exciting major city I've visited (four times total).

Most boring? I know how to have a great time, but if I had to pick, I'd say Raleigh, NC.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:19 PM

412 posts, read 545,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Completely agree with this - Dallas is right near the top of my "most boring" list, and Ft Worth is near the top of my "most underrated" one.

Most fun: NOLA
Most boring: Wichita (not "major" maybe, but so utterly boring in every way that it demanded inclusion)

Near the top of the fun list: NYC, Chicago, Miami, Austin
Near the top of the boring list: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Orlando, San Diego
Them's is fightin' words

Old 06-29-2015, 10:43 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Indianapolis is easily the most boring major city I've ever seen. Only been there once, and trust me, that was enough. The airport is beautiful, though, go figure...

I've had the most fun of my life in DC and Syracuse. I wouldn't put Syracuse on a level with DC, but I love that city. Baltimore wasn't boring, but definitely is underwhelming considering its size and reputation. Same thing with Norfolk, I've never been bored there, but it is a little overrated. Same thing with Atlanta. Coming from Metro DC, I saw nothing extraordinarily impressive about Atlanta, although I do get its appeal....

Memphis....I've had a lot of fun there, and yet it just really isn't an impressive city. Nashville is, though. I had tons of fun in Charlotte. Raleigh and Durham as well, but they aren't special. Kansas City was kinda whack. LA was awesome. I really was not impressed with Dallas at all...
Indianapolis was bland and boring for sure. Huge let down.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
That's why it's called India-no-place.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:40 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
That's why it's called India-no-place.
Indianapolis compares favorably with simiar metro areas; I am thinking Columbus, Kansas City, Milwaukee...mid-size metros. If you can't find something to do in any of these places that is a you problem.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:55 AM

5,820 posts, read 5,627,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Indianapolis compares favorably with simiar metro areas; I am thinking Columbus, Kansas City, Milwaukee...mid-size metros. If you can't find something to do in any of these places that is a you problem.
Hahaha, but that makes three of us, from three different places, who consider Indianapois boring. So what does that say?

And you may not have saw, but I did mention that Kansas City, a similarly-sized metro, was really not all that to me....

Maybe it has more to do with taste than anything else, but let's not pretend that Indianapolis is some poppin, extraordinary metropolis. It isn't...

Old 06-30-2015, 07:05 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Hahaha, but that makes three of us, from three different places, who consider Indianapois boring. So what does that say?
You can gather all kinds of people and they can say all kinds of things. This is the internet. You can scour the city data and all kinds of these silly bash threads and see people lining up to take their shots at cities. Why? Too much free time? Low self esteem? I don't know.

Quote:
but let's not pretend that Indianapolis is some poppin, extraordinary metropolis. It isn't...
I never said it was.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:31 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
The OP offered no criteria. In addition, negative threads are not allowed. This one is now closed.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City