Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2021, 12:00 PM

8,613 posts, read 14,955,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Rapid City. It seems like a more interesting city and is surrounded by much better scenery.

Lake City, Florida or Lake City, Minnesota?
Minnesota. I'd rather freeze my nards off for 1/3 of the year than live a single day in flat, sticky humid FL.

Lone Tree, CO, or Lone Tree, OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2021, 07:13 PM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Minnesota. I'd rather freeze my nards off for 1/3 of the year than live a single day in flat, sticky humid FL.

Lone Tree, CO, or Lone Tree, OK?
Weirdly, I couldn't find Lone Tree, OK on the map when I looked it up on Google maps. Not sure why, though Google maps hinted there's such a street in Edmond, OK. That said I prefer Colorado over Oklahoma, so I'll go with the one in CO.

Pensacola, FL, or Jacksonville, FL?

Old 12-16-2021, 10:11 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Weirdly, I couldn't find Lone Tree, OK on the map when I looked it up on Google maps. Not sure why, though Google maps hinted there's such a street in Edmond, OK. That said I prefer Colorado over Oklahoma, so I'll go with the one in CO.

Pensacola, FL, or Jacksonville, FL?
Pensacola due to being more affordable and closer to more interesting cities. Also, gulf coast beaches are better. The city has grown and has a special place in my heart.

Sioux Falls, SD or Wilmington, NC?

Old 12-16-2021, 10:13 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,258,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Pensacola due to being more affordable and closer to more interesting cities. Also, gulf coast beaches are better. The city has grown and has a special place in my heart.

Sioux Falls, SD or Wilmington, NC?
Wilmington probably. Sioux Falls looks nice too.

Valparaiso, Indiana or Valparaiso, Florida?

Useless trivia: Valparaiso, FL was named after Valparaiso, IN which was in turned named after Valparaiso, Chile.

Old 12-17-2021, 12:10 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,901,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Wilmington probably. Sioux Falls looks nice too.

Valparaiso, Indiana or Valparaiso, Florida?

Useless trivia: Valparaiso, FL was named after Valparaiso, IN which was in turned named after Valparaiso, Chile.
Valparaiso, IN... I'm a fan of college towns and I like its proximity to Chicago/Lake Michigan

Farmington, NM or Rapid City, SD?

Old 12-17-2021, 01:35 PM

9,719 posts, read 9,480,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Valparaiso, IN... I'm a fan of college towns and I like its proximity to Chicago/Lake Michigan

Farmington, NM or Rapid City, SD?
Rapid City. I would like to visit someday.

Tampa, FL or Denver, CO?

Old 12-17-2021, 04:51 PM

1,098 posts, read 909,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Rapid City. I would like to visit someday.

Tampa, FL or Denver, CO?
Humidity does sound amazing right now, but I'm still gonna go with Denver, CO

DeLand, FL vs. Knoxville, TN

Old 12-17-2021, 09:14 PM

11,669 posts, read 18,003,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Humidity does sound amazing right now, but I'm still gonna go with Denver, CO

DeLand, FL vs. Knoxville, TN
DeLand, FL.

Knoxville seems super conservative and backwards as Tennessee is overall a very, very backwards red state.

San Francisco, CA or Sacramento, CA?

Old 12-17-2021, 11:08 PM

6,432 posts, read 5,082,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
DeLand, FL.

Knoxville seems super conservative and backwards as Tennessee is overall a very, very backwards red state.

San Francisco, CA or Sacramento, CA?
At my current income, Sac, but if I made at least 100k I'd give SF a shot. I'd be willing to share a decent place with one roommate for a year (or a crap place by myself) to be in the middle of that kind of ambitious, entrepreneurial energy. Sac is okay but it's really more of a "best-kept secret" city than legitimately standing out on its own merits.

Milwaukee, WI or Charleston, SC?

Old 12-18-2021, 04:07 AM

3,496 posts, read 3,418,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
At my current income, Sac, but if I made at least 100k I'd give SF a shot. I'd be willing to share a decent place with one roommate for a year (or a crap place by myself) to be in the middle of that kind of ambitious, entrepreneurial energy. Sac is okay but it's really more of a "best-kept secret" city than legitimately standing out on its own merits.

Milwaukee, WI or Charleston, SC?
If I had a lot of money,I'd consider living in Charleston. That said, I'd go with Milwaukee, since I get the sense it has a lower cost of living for it's nicest neighborhoods, vs. Charleston.

Fairbanks, AK, or Coeur D'Alene, ID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City