Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2023, 10:22 AM

4,450 posts, read 4,366,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Not gonna lie, I kinda debated picking Naples, Italy. But after reading there is still the risk of volcanic activity in Naples, Italy, I'll pick the one in Florida. Are we even allowed to bring up European places, in this thread? I thought we weren't, but I'm not sure.

Anyway to continue on this US city/town, vs. a similarly named place in within the Americas or Carribean country idea: Kingston, Jamaica, or Kingston, NY?
Kingston NY. I simply could never ever live in Jamaica for so many reasons. Love the music and beaches though.

Fredericksburg VA or Fredericksburg TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2023, 10:26 AM

13,863 posts, read 8,151,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
I'd probably go with the one in Texas. The Hill Country is beautiful, and Fredericksburg VA is just too close to DC for my comfort.

Port Huron, Michigan or Port Washington, Wisconsin?

Old 03-21-2023, 12:41 PM

6,903 posts, read 7,662,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Fredericksburg, TX is in the TX Hill Country and really nice. I'd live there in a minute, in spite of the current wackadoo politics of the state.

Eugene, OR or Santa Cruz, CA

Old 03-21-2023, 01:12 PM

6,458 posts, read 5,134,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Fredericksburg, TX is in the TX Hill Country and really nice. I'd live there in a minute, in spite of the current wackadoo politics of the state.

Eugene, OR or Santa Cruz, CA
10000% Eugene. Santa Cruz is monumentally more expensive with worse nightlife and restaurants, yet barely even has swimmable water in the summer. Only area where it wins is proximity to San Jose and (sort of) SF, but even then, CA-17 gets clogged all the time in the winter.

Pittsburgh, PA or Fort Worth, TX?

Old 03-22-2023, 08:12 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,923,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
10000% Eugene. Santa Cruz is monumentally more expensive with worse nightlife and restaurants, yet barely even has swimmable water in the summer. Only area where it wins is proximity to San Jose and (sort of) SF, but even then, CA-17 gets clogged all the time in the winter.

Pittsburgh, PA or Fort Worth, TX?
Fort Worth... Pittsburgh is a much more familiar place but I'd want to see what life is like in a growing Sunbelt city/metro. While I've been very content living in NYC for the past decade, the Sunbelt is a region that intrigues me more than any other.

Grand Rapids, MI or Rochester, NY?

Old 03-22-2023, 09:09 AM

13,863 posts, read 8,151,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Grand Rapids, MI or Rochester, NY?
Grand Rapids. I like Michigan and like GR's easy access to Lake Michigan and the dunes.

Old 03-22-2023, 09:13 AM

6,903 posts, read 7,662,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
They look pretty comparable, so 601halfdozen0theother! Guess I'll go with Wisconsin - I just like the state better.

Portland, OR or Portland, ME?

Old 03-22-2023, 09:37 AM

6,668 posts, read 12,179,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
They look pretty comparable, so 601halfdozen0theother! Guess I'll go with Wisconsin - I just like the state better.

Portland, OR or Portland, ME?
Portland, OR despite the image/reputation. I'm sure if I lived in safe neighborhood/suburb it will be fine.

Charleston, SC or Charleston, WV?

Old 03-22-2023, 09:52 AM

14,378 posts, read 9,284,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Portland, OR despite the image/reputation. I'm sure if I lived in safe neighborhood/suburb it will be fine.

Charleston, SC or Charleston, WV?
Tossup, believe it or not.

West Virginia may be a poor state, but its capital city is actually a pretty comely place nestled in a river valley between steep mountains. I find it just as appealing visually as the SC Charleston's antebellum charm.

It might boil down to COL, and I suspect that's lower in West Virginia.

I think I've asked this one before, but it's interesting to see whether one gets a different answer:

Lancaster, Calif., or Lancaster, Pa.?

Old 03-22-2023, 10:02 AM

4,450 posts, read 4,366,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Tossup, believe it or not.

West Virginia may be a poor state, but its capital city is actually a pretty comely place nestled in a river valley between steep mountains. I find it just as appealing visually as the SC Charleston's antebellum charm.

It might boil down to COL, and I suspect that's lower in West Virginia.

I think I've asked this one before, but it's interesting to see whether one gets a different answer:

Lancaster, Calif., or Lancaster, Pa.?
I'll go Lancaster PA. Amish country is nice with the rolling hills, farms and markets. Lancaster CA never really appealed to me. The area seems a little desolate with no real downtown. Sticking to the area and same names

York PA or York SC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City