Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2023, 10:49 AM

8,991 posts, read 17,350,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
St Cloud, MN or Janesville, WI?
St Cloud. I'm sorry to say that if I were going to make a real life move, it wouldn't be a state as politically similar to Indiana as Wisconsin is unless there was some other compelling reason. I also have extended family in the Twin Cities. Minnesota is awesome between May and October.

Cincinnati OH or Cleveland OH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2023, 12:39 PM

3,495 posts, read 3,417,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
St Cloud. I'm sorry to say that if I were going to make a real life move, it wouldn't be a state as politically similar to Indiana as Wisconsin is unless there was some other compelling reason. I also have extended family in the Twin Cities. Minnesota is awesome between May and October.

Cincinnati OH or Cleveland OH
Probably Cincinnati, since I suspect the weather would be a little milder in the winter. Although Cleveland also isn't bad, I'd rather go through a slightly less cold winter.

Miami, FL, or Tampa, FL?

Old 04-02-2023, 06:39 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Miami, FL, or Tampa, FL?
Well, if I'm going to live in Florida at all it might as well be Miami (or the Keys). Just for a year or so to experience it, than that would be enough.

Silicon Valley (San Jose CA etc.) or the Research Triangle (Raleigh NC etc.)?

Old 04-02-2023, 07:39 PM

9,718 posts, read 9,477,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Well, if I'm going to live in Florida at all it might as well be Miami (or the Keys). Just for a year or so to experience it, than that would be enough.

Silicon Valley (San Jose CA etc.) or the Research Triangle (Raleigh NC etc.)?
Raleigh based on being an easier place to live. I also like that it has other industries than tech. The area is growing and changing for the better.

Mary Esther, FL or Chippewa Falls, WI?

Old 04-02-2023, 10:27 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Raleigh based on being an easier place to live. I also like that it has other industries than tech. The area is growing and changing for the better.

Mary Esther, FL or Chippewa Falls, WI?
Chippewa Falls. Prefer the location and the downtown seems appealing. Don’t really care for Western Florida.

Chicago or Toronto?

Old 04-03-2023, 12:17 AM

886 posts, read 481,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Chippewa Falls. Prefer the location and the downtown seems appealing. Don’t really care for Western Florida.

Chicago or Toronto?
Chicago by far for me but I am biased ofc. Both are nice and urban but Chicago just has a lot more character imo. Also Chicago’s lakefront >> Toronto’s lakefront.

Bellevue, WA or Bethesda, MD?

Old 04-03-2023, 03:30 AM

10,770 posts, read 23,905,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears02 View Post
Chicago by far for me but I am biased ofc. Both are nice and urban but Chicago just has a lot more character imo. Also Chicago’s lakefront >> Toronto’s lakefront.

Bellevue, WA or Bethesda, MD?
Bellevue has better access to parks from its city center and it's scenic. But Bethesda has a more appealing downtown, better architecture, and nicer residential areas with more quality in its housing stock. I'd prefer to visit Bellevue but for a living, I'd prefer Bethesda. Also I prefer Washington Metro over Sound Transit. Even with the coming ST light rail service to Bellevue, the Metro will still be way ahead.

Silver Spring, MD or Kirkland, WA?

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 04-03-2023 at 03:49 AM..

Old 04-03-2023, 05:45 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,640,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ le monstre du lac View Post
Silver Spring, MD or Kirkland, WA?
Kirkland because of relatives in the area, and also I like constant piddle rain more than uncomfortably high humidity in the summer.

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX or Atlanta, GA?

Old 04-03-2023, 08:36 AM

13,755 posts, read 8,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX or Atlanta, GA?
Atlanta, though I wouldn't be thrilled with it. I'd choose it just because it's more familiar to me, I have family and friends in the area, and it's close to more scenic places.

Greensboro, North Carolina or Grand Rapids, Michigan?

Old 04-03-2023, 11:05 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,333,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Atlanta, though I wouldn't be thrilled with it. I'd choose it just because it's more familiar to me, I have family and friends in the area, and it's close to more scenic places.

Greensboro, North Carolina or Grand Rapids, Michigan?
I’ll take Greensboro. It’s a decent city that’s part of a larger metro including Winston-Salem and High point. In general I also prefer NC to Michigan.

Suffolk VA or Conway SC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City