Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2023, 04:19 AM

3,509 posts, read 3,437,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Now that LA has decent mass transit (and the Blue Line runs through Compton IIRC), this has gone from "definitely Camden" to "coin toss."

I definitely perfer the overall vibe of Philly to LA, but LA's 'hoods don't seem to me as beaten-down as those in Philly and environs. That includes Compton. That might be enough for the LA-region community to surmount my Northeastern bias and pick it.

Camden, N.J., or Camden, Maine?
Thought my post on this went through earlier, but guess not. Anyway since Camden, NJ is a dump, I'll go with the one in Maine. If you picked a different place in the Philly area other than Camden or Chester(PA), I'd likely pick that over the one in Maine.

Cape May, NJ, or Rehoboth Beach, DE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2023, 06:31 AM

14,360 posts, read 9,255,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Thought my post on this went through earlier, but guess not. Anyway since Camden, NJ is a dump, I'll go with the one in Maine. If you picked a different place in the Philly area other than Camden or Chester(PA), I'd likely pick that over the one in Maine.

Cape May, NJ, or Rehoboth Beach, DE?
It has long puzzled me why Cape May, with its outstanding collection of Victorian houses, did not become an LGBT beach destination (I envisioned many gay men buying them, rejeuvenating them and opening charming B&Bs).

But it didn't. Rehoboth Beach did, so that's where you'll find me.

Two cities on the Ohio, one located where it begins:

Pittsburgh or Cincinnati?

Old 09-12-2023, 06:56 AM

13,841 posts, read 8,122,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Two cities on the Ohio, one located where it begins:

Pittsburgh or Cincinnati?
These are two of my favorite cities. To live, I think I'd pick Cincinnati just because it's more centrally located and is a bit more vibrant.

New Braunfels, Texas or Cedarburg, Wisconsin?

Old 09-12-2023, 06:59 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,373,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
These are two of my favorite cities. To live, I think I'd pick Cincinnati just because it's more centrally located and is a bit more vibrant.

New Braunfels, Texas or Cedarburg, Wisconsin?
Cedarburg. I love the Great Lakes, and Milwaukee is a fairly underrated city itself. Though, South Texas in this case is tempting.

Baton Rouge LA or Ocala FL

Old 09-12-2023, 08:00 AM

9,733 posts, read 9,517,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Cedarburg. I love the Great Lakes, and Milwaukee is a fairly underrated city itself. Though, South Texas in this case is tempting.

Baton Rouge LA or Ocala FL
Baton Rouge for the food alone. I also like the historic collection of neighborhoods surrounding downtown.

Simpsonville, KY or Sharonville, OH?

Old 09-12-2023, 09:16 AM

2,572 posts, read 2,915,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Baton Rouge for the food alone. I also like the historic collection of neighborhoods surrounding downtown.

Simpsonville, KY or Sharonville, OH?
Sharonville... I'd prefer to live in a Cincy suburb rather than a small town a little further out from the Louisville core.

Allentown, PA or Victorville, CA?

Old 09-12-2023, 04:18 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,266,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Sharonville... I'd prefer to live in a Cincy suburb rather than a small town a little further out from the Louisville core.

Allentown, PA or Victorville, CA?
Allentown would be better for me. Purcell OK or Guthrie OK?

Old 09-13-2023, 05:43 AM

8,992 posts, read 17,373,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Purcell OK or Guthrie OK?
Purcell, because I've at least heard of that one. Rural Oklahoma is pretty low on the list of places I'd ever want to live though.

Fort Wayne IN or Cedar Rapids IA

Old 09-14-2023, 06:18 PM

4,442 posts, read 4,354,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Purcell, because I've at least heard of that one. Rural Oklahoma is pretty low on the list of places I'd ever want to live though.

Fort Wayne IN or Cedar Rapids IA
Think I’ll go with Cedar Rapids. Seems like a more productive area with more potential than Fort Wayne.

Cumberland MD or Parkersburg WV?

Old 09-15-2023, 03:34 PM

3,509 posts, read 3,437,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Think I’ll go with Cedar Rapids. Seems like a more productive area with more potential than Fort Wayne.

Cumberland MD or Parkersburg WV?
Probably Cumberland. It has a stop on an Amtrak long distance route(Capitol Limited), and there's also a scenic train you can take to Frostburg, MD if you get bored. Parkersburg is in a more isolated area.

Plains towns that do reference some sort of European ethnicity: Elk Horn, IA(Danish), or Lindsborg, KS(Swedish)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City