Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 09:08 AM

2,545 posts, read 2,868,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
LOL, I think Texans might have an opinion on that...

How Texans view El Paso and its place in Texas

I'd rather live in PA, but not State College. I think I'd be less overwhelmed by the college town factor in Lawrence and having Kansas City nearby for a quick change of scenery, State College is a bit more isolated.

St. Paul, MN or New Haven, CT?
St. Paul... I'm sure the New Haven metro has some nice areas but as a city, St. Paul seems much more desirable.

Las Vegas, NV or Cleveland, OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2019, 09:23 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
St. Paul... I'm sure the New Haven metro has some nice areas but as a city, St. Paul seems much more desirable.

Las Vegas, NV or Cleveland, OH?
This is a tough one, because neither city really appeals to me other than to visit. As a former resident of Metro Detroit (14 years), I know the huge challenges that Rust Belt cities, like Cleveland, continue to face.

But, if I had to choose between these two cities, I would go with Cleveland. For one, I have no desire to live in the desert. Second, as an older, more established city that has historically attracted many immigrants, Cleveland perhaps offers more of the ethnic flavors that I grew up with in my home city.

Sarasota, FL or Pensacola, FL?

Old 07-06-2019, 09:41 AM

9,682 posts, read 9,398,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
This is a tough one, because neither city really appeals to me other than to visit. As a former resident of Metro Detroit (14 years), I know the huge challenges that Rust Belt cities, like Cleveland, continue to face.

But, if I had to choose between these two cities, I would go with Cleveland. For one, I have no desire to live in the desert. Second, as an older, more established city that has historically attracted many immigrants, Cleveland perhaps offers more of the ethnic flavors that I grew up with in my home city.

Sarasota, FL or Pensacola, FL?
You know where I vacation lol. I would choose Sarasota for sure. I like Pensacola though.

Macon, GA or Fayetteville, AR?

Old 07-06-2019, 10:03 AM

2,545 posts, read 2,868,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
You know where I vacation lol. I would choose Sarasota for sure. I like Pensacola though.

Macon, GA or Fayetteville, AR?
Fayetteville... Macon's proximity to Atlanta is attractive but Fayetteville is a much nicer city and NW Arkansas seems like a decent all-around region as well.

Alamosa, CO or Holbrook, AZ?

Old 07-06-2019, 12:56 PM

10,750 posts, read 23,828,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Fayetteville... Macon's proximity to Atlanta is attractive but Fayetteville is a much nicer city and NW Arkansas seems like a decent all-around region as well.

Alamosa, CO or Holbrook, AZ?
Both are located in the middle of nowhere and not the most scenic parts of their respective states, but Holbrook is pretty depressing. Alamosa it is.

Lyons, CO or Monument, CO?

Old 07-06-2019, 08:44 PM

755 posts, read 570,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Both are located in the middle of nowhere and not the most scenic parts of their respective states, but Holbrook is pretty depressing. Alamosa it is.

Lyons, CO or Monument, CO?
Lyons, because it's half an hour from Boulder and an hour from Denver.

Columbus, OH or Milwaukee, WI?

Old 07-06-2019, 09:28 PM

716 posts, read 1,238,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Lyons, because it's half an hour from Boulder and an hour from Denver.

Columbus, OH or Milwaukee, WI?
Columbus...closer to the south so easy to do good road trips, I enjoy college football even if its the buckeyes, gets warmer a lot earlier than milwaukee, less dangerous, downtown looked like there were people walking around everywhere the one time I was there

Biloxi MS or KC

Old 07-06-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
Columbus...closer to the south so easy to do good road trips, I enjoy college football even if its the buckeyes, gets warmer a lot earlier than milwaukee, less dangerous, downtown looked like there were people walking around everywhere the one time I was there

Biloxi MS or KC
KC. Biloxi is depressing.

Rochester, NY or Spokane, WA?

Old 07-07-2019, 01:17 AM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
KC. Biloxi is depressing.

Rochester, NY or Spokane, WA?
Rochester, it is a bigger area that isn't as isolated.

Beckley WV or Athens AL?

Old 07-07-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Rochester, it is a bigger area that isn't as isolated.

Beckley WV or Athens AL?
Athens. Both are backwards but at least Athens is closer to Nashville.

Racine, WI or Joplin, MO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City