Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Austin vs Kansas City
Austin 178 54.27%
Kansas City 150 45.73%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 03:35 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,415,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumba77 View Post
"Dead?" "Scary?" Then how is it (literally) KC's hottest apartment construction market, having added thousands of new apartments in the last 10 years? Currently there are 2 huge projects under construction, one is the largest "green and sustainable" complex in the entire US? (2nd & Delaware). Historically, architecturally and culturally the River Market is an entire urban neighborhood with thousands of new apartments and over 100 businesses. The River Market is a real neighborhood. SFC in Austin is little more than a concrete surface lot where vendors drive in and sell produce a few times a week. The surrounding neighborhood looks like any generic suburban commercial zone. Austin has no comparable district. #fail
Yeah I was wondering where he was going with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 03:44 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
Yeah I was wondering where he was going with that.
The River Market looks like a more fully developed version of Dallas's Farmer's Market area. It's in the early stages right now, but it's nice to see the possibilities of what it can become. Austin's is nothing to write home about.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:21 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I didn't stutter.

Newsflash: it is okay to not like Texas. Why is that so hard for fanboys to understand?
It's just a really bad state in my OPINION.
I'm quite familiar with Texas and am old enough to know what I like and what I don't. Texas and it's hype makes no sense to me.
It's good at attracting people, but severely lacks.......pleasantness.
It is nothing wrong with hating Texas trust me. But if you are going to hate don't sound ignorant in the process.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:17 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,751,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Opinions aren't facts... .
My point exactly.
Your assumption is that Texas is great or superior and that anyone who dosn't agree must be ignoring the facts, or surely have never really been there to experience its greatness. If they walk away not liking it, then they're just biased haters because they're probably jealous..... Um......no.
Of course all of this is just our opinions. I know that.

Last edited by sub; 06-02-2017 at 08:29 PM..

Old 06-02-2017, 08:26 PM
sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
It is nothing wrong with hating Texas trust me. But if you are going to hate don't sound ignorant in the process.
Ignorant about what? I went back and read my posts, and found mostly opinions about how they really do things in Texas.
Zoning, planning, infrustructure, style of architecture and neighboorhoods... the way they carry out those things out just doesn't appeal to me. Not that there isn't any part of Texas I might like, but there's just not enough of it. I feel the same way about other parts of the country as well. A tad bit OCD about it, I'm afraid. Obviously a lot of people don't seem to mind it as much, so carry on.

Last edited by sub; 06-02-2017 at 08:40 PM..

Old 06-02-2017, 08:49 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
My point exactly.
Your assumption is that Texas is great or superior...
And that's where you lost me.

When you start telling people what THEY think, you lose credibility.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:28 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,541,088 times
The humor in this is you have people that hate Texas attacking Austin and fellow Texans attacking Austin. Most hated city in this forum. Love it.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:38 PM
sub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
And that's where you lost me.

When you start telling people what THEY think, you lose credibility.
Fair enough. My apologies.
I had you confused with another poster(s).
Thread's getting to be too long.

I find KC more appealing than Austin. Nothing but opinion. All based on true personal experiences. Good night. Moving on to other things.....

Old 06-02-2017, 11:06 PM

4,394 posts, read 4,284,253 times
Just curious for those of you voting KC why do you think KC is better? I only ask this because for me, Austin is far superior and this isn't even a contest. This is my personal preference.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:23 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Just curious for those of you voting KC why do you think KC is better? I only ask this because for me, Austin is far superior and this isn't even a contest. This is my personal preference.
If they had a category on humility, then KC would crush Austin. On the flipside, if it was a category on most arrogant, Austin would mop the floor with every American city. They're not the categories, but what's presented in the OP are categories that Austin slightly wins over KC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City