Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which ghetto would you live in?
Los Angeles 106 20.66%
Oakland 37 7.21%
Houston 43 8.38%
Chicago 51 9.94%
Atlanta 35 6.82%
Miami 46 8.97%
Philadelphia 48 9.36%
Cleveland 12 2.34%
Baltimore 23 4.48%
Washington, D.C. 30 5.85%
NYC 140 27.29%
Buffalo 36 7.02%
Detroit 21 4.09%
St. Louis 14 2.73%
New Orleans 30 5.85%
El Paso 42 8.19%
Other-(Must be bad. Not like Seattle or Portland or similar.) 46 8.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 513. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:10 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,189,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Google Maps

Google Maps

An area of Overtown that has vastly improved.
Google Maps
That first link, it is so weird that that neighborhood is in the middle of Overtown, idk if I really like it though, all of the houses look the same, but atleast it looks clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MateoDeLaGhetto619 View Post
If you want that gritty, grimy "Gotham" sort of ghetto that you see in the movies, your not gonna find it in Los Angeles. You gotta remember that the projects in Los Angeles were sorta "handed down" to the minorities during white flight, meaning they are pretty new compared those East Coast slums. Nowadays these projects are inhabited by gangs who are never think twice about their lawn, and won't hesitate to cover these houses with their graffiti. Since most of the middle class houses look the same, the only indication that your in the rough part is the graffiti, but other than that you have beautiful palm trees complemented by warm weather.

Case and point, look at the scenery when watchin this vid and you decide.

YouTube - Compton Crips Pt.1
See thats what I'm saying...LA is one of those cities that the ghetto's can be pretty bad as far as the people act, but just looking at the ghetto's they look like suburbs with graffiti. That could also be said about areas in Miami as well.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
EVerybody likes NYC...it's glamourous to them,even the ghettos apparently.
See thats the problem, people always pick cities like NY, LA, MIA, ATL, etc. because theyre "glamorous" not knowing that in any of those cities in any of the bad neighborhoods you could lose your life just as quick.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,957,782 times
Some of DC hoods:

YouTube - Hood 2 Hood DC

Old 05-25-2010, 12:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,737 times
Smile trippen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Haha....that aint all that bad. Again, those are rare shots. Most of LA's bad parts are suburbian. Still, NYC ghettos are much worse. I can find a ton of photos of NYC like that on the net. But you already get the point. LA despite having warmer weather (winter time in NYC crime is low) is not more dangerous than NYC. Please hahahaha. It's not 1989 anymore. NYC crime has risen this year while LA recorded it's lowest murder rate ever. Compton is a shell of its former self. Also areas in Brooklyn, Harlem, and the Bronx run circles around LA in terms of crime. You west coasters are funny.

I aint scared of no Mexican living in his shack. I would be more scared taking photos of Harlem, next to 7 large high rise projects with 20 african american thugs waiting to shoot me up.
fool you don't know **** about anything Bronx,Brooklyn,queens,are weak i live in Compton on stockwel and largo ave you cant hang out in your front yard with out a big ass van or truck to block your ass from getting smoked just for being there don't matter if you not from the hood i go to n.y every other month and my cousins live there in Marcy you can stroll around like its your hood and as for the crime rate in l.a. they stopped counting gang related or affiliated crimes 10 years ago dumb ass they are open and shut cases and who's doing it it aint the 20 black fools in a building ha ha
and that's a fact so stop taken pic off the internet and being a lil girl come to the real hoods and ghettos you lame new york is big and dirty but that's it

sincerely , the mexican in the shak

Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 AM

220 posts, read 704,207 times
LOL yall cold played with New York, Chi-town and LA on in this thread.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:29 AM

Man wtf is everyone voting for New York so much for? Trust me, you don't want to be HOMELESS in New York dead in the middle of winter. Chicago neither, matter fact I wouldn't want to be homeless in any midwestern or northeastern city, give me LA or Miami or something..This is one of the only times you'll see me talk negatively about NY, but c'mon, I'd rather do a little sweating than freeze to death.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:31 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,395,958 times
lol at everyone thinking they know SOOOO much about Detroit smh.To all of you saying its nobody here so it could be safer than NYC ghetto tisk tisk jokes on you Just because its not 6 million people does not mean there is no one here! last I checked there were 900,000 residents in Detroit. Seeing as majority of Detroit housing are single family homes where do all these people stay if NO ONE is here and its nothing but grass? please visit places before you decide to open your mouth or type something on the internet

Old 05-25-2010, 07:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,720 times
Chicago! Chicago has some of the most beautiful hoods in America! If there is even such a thing as a beautiful hood? It's in Chicago! Humboldt Park is the best ghetto in da Chi. Humboldt Park is busy, crowded, urban and full of energy that you only get from the PR ppls. You can't go wrong with us! Humboldt Park is the stompin ground of the Latin Kingz, Maniac Latin Disciples, Imperial Gangsters, and many more gangs! You got the PR fest in June, Alot of fine girls, good food, free Puerto Rican artist come to play for free like Alexis y fido,Daddy Yankee,Victor Manuel and many more. Chicago got the 2nd largest Puerto Rican population in America and the 2nd largest Pr parade in America after NY. 2 million people line he streets in Chicago for the Pr parade.

Here is a video tour of Humboldt Park and a info Link

YouTube - Chicago Bike Ride Humboldt Park June 15 2008

Humboldt Park, Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-25-2010, 08:47 AM

2 posts, read 1,720 times

And this a tour of HP, not the best one, but aight!

YouTube - Humboldt Park

And this how we Juke! Chi's PR fest! Can't Wait!

YouTube - juke contest 09

Another one!

YouTube - Puerto rican fest juke contest 2009

The PR parade in the Chi!

YouTube - PR parade in Chicago

More Pr fest!

YouTube - Reggaeton Contest, PR Pride Festival, Chicago 2009

They ain't even movin the crowded except some girls dancing, but whatever its all free so it don't matter!

YouTube - Puerto Rican Fest 2009 Pt.4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City