Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which ghetto would you live in?
Los Angeles 106 20.66%
Oakland 37 7.21%
Houston 43 8.38%
Chicago 51 9.94%
Atlanta 35 6.82%
Miami 46 8.97%
Philadelphia 48 9.36%
Cleveland 12 2.34%
Baltimore 23 4.48%
Washington, D.C. 30 5.85%
NYC 140 27.29%
Buffalo 36 7.02%
Detroit 21 4.09%
St. Louis 14 2.73%
New Orleans 30 5.85%
El Paso 42 8.19%
Other-(Must be bad. Not like Seattle or Portland or similar.) 46 8.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 513. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 06:15 PM

5 posts, read 11,855 times

Advertisements

Most yall mever been to LA yes sure la has nice beighborhoods but in south central has tiny houses with bared up windows , ****ed up fences, no grass or lawn just dirt and sand and small philly sized streets like compton , LA is and west coast gangs are more dangerous the the south and east. Ms 13 tyrned washington dc upside its ass and surenos turned atlanta upside its ass and their doing it back home in the motherland of LA and bloods and crips are taking ober te east coast cities and their also doijg it back home in LA , to be honest chances of dying in LA is high since its the gang calital and youll most likley get your house and family shot ul messing with the hispanic and blacks so i choose LA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 04:47 PM

128 posts, read 193,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Haha....that aint all that bad. Again, those are rare shots. Most of LA's bad parts are suburbian. Still, NYC ghettos are much worse. I can find a ton of photos of NYC like that on the net. But you already get the point. LA despite having warmer weather (winter time in NYC crime is low) is not more dangerous than NYC. Please hahahaha. It's not 1989 anymore. NYC crime has risen this year while LA recorded it's lowest murder rate ever. Compton is a shell of its former self. Also areas in Brooklyn, Harlem, and the Bronx run circles around LA in terms of crime. You west coasters are funny.

I aint scared of no Mexican living in his shack. I would be more scared taking photos of Harlem, next to 7 large high rise projects with 20 african american thugs waiting to shoot me up.
this sums up everything I say, there's really nice parts of the "ghettos" there..nowhere looks ghetto compared to south bronx.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:15 PM

12,843 posts, read 9,578,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
I chose Los Angeles. I always figured if I had to be homeless the weather HAS to be good. I dont understand why some homeless people dont save up enough for a bus ticket out of Chicago to some place warm. I am sure there is a reason but I am pretty sure I would high tail it out of here.

If I had to live in the ghetto, in a house. I'd probably stay inside, all the time. I'd be an easy target.
hahahahah

Old 01-29-2014, 02:14 PM

354 posts, read 785,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy_stacks423 View Post
Most yall mever been to LA yes sure la has nice beighborhoods but in south central has tiny houses with bared up windows , ****ed up fences, no grass or lawn just dirt and sand and small philly sized streets like compton , LA is and west coast gangs are more dangerous the the south and east. Ms 13 tyrned washington dc upside its ass and surenos turned atlanta upside its ass and their doing it back home in the motherland of LA and bloods and crips are taking ober te east coast cities and their also doijg it back home in LA , to be honest chances of dying in LA is high since its the gang calital and youll most likley get your house and family shot ul messing with the hispanic and blacks so i choose LA
MS 13 has never stepped foot in DC.. they out Northern Virginia in the wealthiest part of the country

Old 01-29-2014, 07:20 PM

474 posts, read 531,453 times
Eh, I'd go with the Tenderloin in San Francisco. It's super cheap relative to most of San Francisco AND it's in the heart of downtown.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:39 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,005,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2PG View Post
MS 13 has never stepped foot in DC.. they out Northern Virginia in the wealthiest part of the country
I'm sure the city of Los Angeles thought the same thing before their numbers got real big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLKdkqIkcU

Old 01-29-2014, 08:43 PM

233 posts, read 380,622 times
Los Angeles probably has some of the best looking ghettos in the United States...

Old 01-29-2014, 10:02 PM

227 posts, read 438,092 times
Haha I laughed because of the last alternative.

I think I would live in NYC, because now it's getting more secure. Buffalo must be nice too.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:45 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,138,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjohnyang View Post
Eh, I'd go with the Tenderloin in San Francisco. It's super cheap relative to most of San Francisco AND it's in the heart of downtown.

I don't know if I could deal with the really cheap parts of the Tenderloin. That would be the 4-5 blocks in the heart of the TL dominated by crackheads and SRO hotels. No gang activity or real personal danger like some other ghettos around the Bay Area, so I agree with you on that note. But just too much filth, homelessness and drug use within those few blocks to be a comfortable place to live.

Step up to the "Tendernob", just a block or two up the hill, and I'd agree with you. Of course, you'd quickly get into $2,000+ per month territory for rent on a 1BR apartment these days. So, there's that.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 958 times
EAST COAST NewYork is dead the baddest outta every city in america, and na just cause we dont have the highest crime rate dont mean is the baddest... I know *****s that keep their homicides low... No snitching out there buddy... If u were to live around here in NY?? u would of seen things u never saw in L.A... Since NYC the biggest city, hands down... the more crime they have, and easy to get away with... The city is too big for all them cops to be chasing *****s everywhere, alot goes down on the block, corner bodega at night... Is crazy out there son, IF or whoever from NEWYORK u dead ass know the meaning of "STRUGGLE"... Living in the Ghetto Slums of NewYork ain't easy... Urban Decay, Graffiti Suburbs, Abandoned Housing Projects, Old, Rusty, Filthy Apartments, Side Walk filled with gums etc, Underground subways lookin all old, and filthy... Man, NYC ain't L.A kuz... U surrounded by Dirty Grounds around here b...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City